Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM g36c motor stops firing

:

Doctor's Corner

Old December 28th, 2010, 16:29   #1
rotorstart

TM g36c motor stops firing

I took the TM g36c out of the closet after almost 3 months, had the lipo charged, test fired in semi just fine. I switched to auto and immediately I started firing, the motor seemed to stop.

I cleaned the muzzle with some silicone oil, then disassembled the gun until the hand cover is off the motor unit. When I pull the trigger once, I can feel that the motor gets kicked once. If I pull it a few times, the connectors where the fuse is attached to, get real hot.

Can someone please give me some guidance how to troubleshoot this? Did the motor get toasted or the gear get jammed somewhere?

Thanks in advance.
rotorstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2010, 17:02   #2
HKGhost

sounds like either you have a short, corrosion of the contacts or that motor is on it's last leg. I would rebuild that motor to see if you can get some life out of it, or be on the safe side and get a new motor.

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2010, 19:20   #3
rotorstart

I think I'm going to get this one here:

http://ontargetairsoft.com/store/ind...roducts_id=118

The question is: with the TM gearbox, I was able to use a 3s 11v lipo battery. With the JG gearbox, can I still use the same battery?
Old December 28th, 2010, 21:37   #4
HKGhost

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorstart View Post
I think I'm going to get this one here:

http://ontargetairsoft.com/store/ind...roducts_id=118

The question is: with the TM gearbox, I was able to use a 3s 11v lipo battery. With the JG gearbox, can I still use the same battery?
You can use Lipo but it's a risk because of the low quality parts. Before installing that gearbox, open her up and check the shim, confirm parts are install correctly and everything is working without binning or rubbing. If you want to take a gamble without checking all the above, you could have a catastrophic failure (I've seen it happen). Bring it to your local gundoc for a quick inspection if you don't know how to do the work.

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2010, 15:33   #5
rotorstart

Thanks for the reply. Can you please recommend a NiMH battery that will fit in front of the TM g36c? I think the lipo managed to break my TM gearbox, so I don't think I want to go that route on a JG gearbox.
Old December 29th, 2010, 15:44   #6
rustysniper

lipos aren't the problem...it's crappy parts. Just get better gearbox parts or better gearbox...
V3 gearboxes when built properly are very stout!
Old December 29th, 2010, 16:13   #7
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorstart View Post
I took the TM g36c out of the closet after almost 3 months, had the lipo charged, test fired in semi just fine. I switched to auto and immediately I started firing, the motor seemed to stop.

I cleaned the muzzle with some silicone oil, then disassembled the gun until the hand cover is off the motor unit. When I pull the trigger once, I can feel that the motor gets kicked once. If I pull it a few times, the connectors where the fuse is attached to, get real hot.

Can someone please give me some guidance how to troubleshoot this? Did the motor get toasted or the gear get jammed somewhere?

Thanks in advance.
I wouldn't count the motor out yet, if it fires in semi there is no reason it wont fire in auto. Spinning is spinning.

Does it still fire in semi?

Sounds like you could have a jam in the mechbox, causing the motor to try and spin but it cant. When a motor cannot spin, MASSIVE amounts of current is drawn by the motor, this would explain why your wiring was getting hot.
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2010, 18:09   #8
rotorstart

Thanks Cobrajr122, I found some broken pieces inside the TM gearbox, so I think the lipo fast firing rate might have caused it. Anyway, I'm in the stage of finding a replacement for my g36c gearbox. Do you think this will work:

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_i...ducts_id=28112

G36 and G36c share the same gearbox, don't they?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner