Who got you into airsoft, Who put you onto ASC

:

General

Old February 18th, 2010, 13:28   #76
Zeonprime

Location: Waterloo, kitchener, guelph, mississauga, north east toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
I played a year or so and Deathsniper invited me to join the Snowdragons.
Do you know how many teams were scouting you when you first started?! You were like a draft pick or something!! Deathsniper was our recruiter back then and was told (well asked is more like it) to get you

Quote:
Be safe not just with yourself, but those you play with. If you are reckless with other peoples safety then you will leave.
Zeonprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 13:40   #77
ex
Wanna buy some Nod's? #StolenValour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
Back in '98 I was looking around the web to see if I could find a place to buy some toy guns like I used to have as a kid and stumbled upon airsoft. Did lots of research and stumbled upon an ad on ASZ from a dude selling a G3A4 in Canada. That dude was Tru Lai and from that point on we created Airsoft Canada together

..lol. you old fucker ...oh wait..ugh!
Old February 18th, 2010, 13:50   #78
DrDoUm

Mister B did it...

I went to college with Mister B. I don't exactly remember how it happened but he told me about airsoft while we were discussing paintball. He showed me a couple pictures of games he attended.

After college, in 2007, I went with him to Action 500 a couple of times then eventually to the Rawdon event and I signed up at the same moment on ASC to learn more about the sport. However, last summer we ended up working for the same company and then the airsoft discussions came back. That's how I decided to buy my own AEG last december.

Last edited by DrDoUm; February 18th, 2010 at 13:52..
DrDoUm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 14:07   #79
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
I sprung fully formed from the earth.

Sort of...

April 2005- I was doing a web search on the FN P90 ( the gun interested me) and up popped information on Airsoft Replicas... and I was immediately intrigued. The second link on the list was to ASC.

I'd been out of the Army at that point for 13 years
Same story, POSSIBLY even the P90 I was looking into as well (I was a P90 nut then), registered here on ASC and lurked till 18, though I bought my first gun from 007 (P90) at 16 with parental permission but it never left the house, sold it to buy an AK and my first game was a night game with the GHOSTS, hooked to the game since.

I credit the GHOSTS, I've since heard nightgames aren't the best for a first game, but I loved it, I attribute the fact to the hosting skill of team GHOSTS.

Love you ASC :3
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified

Last edited by Gato; February 18th, 2010 at 14:11..
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 14:09   #80
Long_Bong

When in France in 2001 for school exchange, while walking down a street in Grenoble, saw a store selling heavy weaponry. When in there with a lot of curiosity and was wandering how come you could get a M16 in France? It was my first date with airsoft! Got hook
Old February 18th, 2010, 14:35   #81
j3anius

When i was 18, (2005) my buddy and I bought these el-cheapo walmart berettas. My trigger broke after a few days and instead of me getting a new one, i decided that i could fix it. So I was on the web looking for replacement parts (of course there were non) and I stumbled upon ASC. Hoping I'd find help fixing this el-cheapo gun, I joined and then came to realize I had a POS gun and found the world of airsoft.

Old February 18th, 2010, 14:46   #82
WilliamS

i got into it cause a friend of mine showed up to my house one stormy night with an tm m4. and i got that in my hands and i was hooked, got a gun a few months later than after a year of playing i then found asc one night looking at guns.
WilliamS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 15:07   #83
The Lettonian
a.k.a. FNG_13

Send a message via Skype™ to The Lettonian
I came accross two P99 and P99c springers in a Turkish pawn shop in Berlin. Me and a friend grabbed one each, and the plinking began. In a not-so-bright moment, we brought them back through customs (they made it), got a couple of other people hooked on the idea, and made some orders through buyairsoft. Then I came across ASC and armyissue pretty much at the same time...started lurking online and in Jeroon's shop alot, organized a couple of events outside of the ASC community, slowly got pulled in, and now I'm counting pennies to see if I have enough for a field fee and a bag of bastards. Jeroon, sorry for eating all your candy. I'm better now, promise
|: Nos habebit humus! :|
Raug, draugi, kā šī kanna mirdz, kā puto alutiņš? Dievs zin, cik ilgi līksmo sirds, lai baudām drīz!
The Lettonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 15:22   #84
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Got myself into airsoft after pellet guns and created a shitstorm and then turned out a massive ban to members. LOL
Greylocks at the time was alive.
Carpooled with Jaaks and his buddies to my first FR game.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2010, 15:18   #85
LouisZimmerman

Buddy from work dragged me into paintball in 1991. Last parent had just died year before, seemed like good therapy. Started buying PB mags... in one of them, read about this thing that was happening in Japan called airsoft. About seven years later, just before the replica ban, walked into a store downtown called Spy vs. Spy. They had airsoft guns, first time I ever got to hold one... but were still too pricy for me. (I was renting in the city, while still paying taxes and utilities for the homestead.) Many years later bought a clear AEP from a local gun store... fun, but didn't get much use. At least I could shoot it in my basement.
A few years back, at a local arms show, I saw this silver springer on one of the tables. Figgered out what it was pretty quickly, decided to get it out of circulation. Twenty bucks later I had a bit of a mystery on my hands... couldn't figure out who made the darned thing. Did some web searching, one of the links was ASC. The rest is very expensive history... ;->
LouisZimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2010, 15:29   #86
Arnisador
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Arnisador
IIRC, I first lurked on ASZ and Sgt. Lynchs cross ring something or other site, which eventually led me to one of the first incarnations of ASC.

Learned that it was best to just lurk for the two years before even posting anything. Today's flamers are Bic lighters compared to the old school vets
It doesn't seem much, to stir a man's soul. Just a moth eaten rag on a worm eaten pole. But 'tis the deeds that were done 'neath this moth eaten rag, when the pole was a staff, and the rag was a flag.

CUM CATAPULTAE PROSCRIPTAE ERUNT TUM SOLI PROSCRIPT CATAPULTAS HABEBUNT
Arnisador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2010, 16:23   #87
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnisador View Post
IIRC, I first lurked on ASZ and Sgt. Lynchs cross ring something or other site, which eventually led me to one of the first incarnations of ASC.

Learned that it was best to just lurk for the two years before even posting anything. Today's flamers are Bic lighters compared to the old school vets
shit almost forgot about Lynch's site that was right before ASC and after airsoftzone
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2010, 22:17   #88
Primus
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Primus
Ahh Lynch, I will never forget that fucker complaining about all us pussies not stepping in a certain puddle at Flagraiders and when his turn came that little fucker slipped in up to his elbows but if I remember correctly he managed to save his smoke from getting ruined. Or Cooper licking up the grease from a Wendy's burger wrapper for about 2 bucks and some change, that's some desperate shit right there!

Gray Fox Strategic - @grayfoxstrategic on Facebook / Instagram
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2010, 22:25   #89
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

Girlfriend got me into airsoft.

Decided if I was gonna come back to Canada and play, I should maybe check and see if anyone actually does play here. To my surprize, there was ASC!!!!!!

WE LOVE YOU ASC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
If you were trying to insert a magazine into another magazine then I guess that would be indeed ghey. Inserting a magazine in a magwell seems rather hetero to me. The tape is merely metro, calling it ghey is rather absurd and makes it hard for the metro magazines to socialize with other magazines.
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2010, 22:41   #90
101jinx101
*backyard warrior*

Was delivering pizza at pizza hut a few years back, talking to the other drivers and one of them said he plays "airsoft"... what the hell is that? I say. So he brings me out to the empty parking lot, late at night and pops his trunk. Under the street light, He pulls out two aluminum cases and reveals the twin pistols within.. it felt like something from a movie, lol. ever since, i've been devoted (as much as possible, which isn't much) to airsoft. I thought the pistols were cool, until I saw the rest of his collection AUG's, M16's, AK47's, spetznatz', and a variety of pistols, not to mention the players own guns... I was hooked

ASC was no more than a google search away
101jinx101 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General