Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

** Tokyo Marui MP7A1 CHARGER WARNING **

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 17th, 2006, 21:22   #31
DarkAlman

Send a message via MSN to DarkAlman
Wow, good thing I read this thread since my MP7 came to me today!

I found a fix for the charger I cut off the power adapter from the cable and put the cable ends for the cradle into my existing charger. Just let me try it overnight first if my battery explodes I'll let you know.

TM Sig P228
KA FN FAL
Canada's resident KA FN FAL expert.... apparently
DarkAlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2006, 23:27   #32
DarkAlman

Send a message via MSN to DarkAlman
Well S.W.O.R.D. airsoft fixed the problem.

Basically it involves a little brain power, some common sense, wire cutters, a charger, japanese speaking friend and some luck.

The positive side or RED is the side with the japanese labeling.

We hooked ours up to the TLP charger and its working great.

See pictures and guide for our fix @ http://www.swordairsoft.com

Link to our fix with pictures!
http://www.swordairsoft.com/index.ph...opic&p=150#150

TM Sig P228
KA FN FAL
Canada's resident KA FN FAL expert.... apparently
DarkAlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2006, 04:38   #33
nic_s

Nice, thanks a lot.
Old March 25th, 2006, 14:01   #35
Jayhad

thats the same charger I got with my MP7 I got it on march 17 and have charged probably 10 times, not a problem.
Jayhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2006, 15:12   #36
R-ice

110-100

oh man I hope this isn't an old thread.. i dont need another warning...

but I believe it would be a bad charger, because i have brought back electronics from japan when I was there and vice versa, brought cell phone back and charged it a whole buncha times and it didn't fry in fact its still working, problem with it is it doesn't work on our networks i just charged it back to show people the pics I took on it. Brought back sony md player recorder thingy.. and that thing charges fine.. still works after 2 years of use. now this sounds stupid but i brought my OLD digi cam to japan and that changed fine and i got back and it still works. 100-110 shouldn't be that much of a difference. I brought back some other stuff like oh laptop... sony vaio..

yes by the same reasoning i guess your cars gas tank would be a problem.. but perhaps it defies logic lol.. ask david blaine... i becha he could do it.. =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee
Quote:
Originally Posted by JourneyMan
lol, thats no problem at all.

All AEP chargers are rated to 100v, and mine certainly hasn't either craped out or overcharged. Just read mine, word for word says AC100V 50/60HZ 7VA, and the output is DC7.5v 300mA. Maybe he got a bad charger.
That's excellent logic you're spinning there;

By the same reasoning, my car's gastank is "rated" for 40L, so I should be able to magically force 10% more gas in for 44L.
R-ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2006, 16:54   #37
MadMax
Delierious Designer of Dastardly Detonations

Location: in the dark recesses of some metal chip filled machine shop
Most cell phones come with switch mode powersupplied chargers. They don't have the usual fixed ratio transformer which is designed for a particular voltage input. Switch mode supplies are often compatible with various input voltages and frequency.

MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2006, 18:05   #38
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Here's a better solution that I did as soon as I opened my MP7...

Chopped the battery connector end of the charger off the wall wart, soldered the leads, figured out which one was positive and which one was negative and now I just stick it in to my Systema battery charger for fuzzy logic computer controlled charging. Infinitely better than the wall-wart solution.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2006, 19:09   #39
Yuu

Send a message via ICQ to Yuu Send a message via MSN to Yuu
Charger is fine on mine no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
The plush dogs were cool.

Don't let the dog haters and plushy haters get to you, man. ANYONE can post pictures of their guns, but it takes a special breed of man to post a picture of his guns with plushies!
Yuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 15:19   #40
^Hyperion^

now that's what I wanted to hear :razz: I want to get one and I hope it will have the same results :-D

^Hyperion^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2006, 19:03   #41
RunnaMT5

Send a message via MSN to RunnaMT5
Question Hello People

Hi I am not exactly new with airsoft I am just new to this site Um I have been in airsoft for about 1 year and I just gor a Airmag M50 (mini uzi co2 cartridge powered 350 fps) do you think this is a good gun for a all time gun (not a back-up gun, I have a Walther P22 for a backup gun)? Thanks
RunnaMT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2006, 19:28   #42
^Hyperion^

yeah , that's a very good place to post. ( big sarcasm )

post in the correct section plz and be sure to know that we hate soft air cheap guns.

^Hyperion^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2006, 03:49   #43
nutboi

can somebody shove a multimeter and in their plug with nothing else in the room on? my electronics teacher from high school said something about the plugs and 112 or 117 constant volts. i can't remember if it was the plugs in the house or in the power lines.
nutboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2006, 23:12   #44
nemattoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-ice
oh man I hope this isn't an old thread.. i dont need another warning...

but I believe it would be a bad charger, because i have brought back electronics from japan when I was there and vice versa, brought cell phone back and charged it a whole buncha times and it didn't fry in fact its still working, problem with it is it doesn't work on our networks i just charged it back to show people the pics I took on it. Brought back sony md player recorder thingy.. and that thing charges fine.. still works after 2 years of use. now this sounds stupid but i brought my OLD digi cam to japan and that changed fine and i got back and it still works. 100-110 shouldn't be that much of a difference. I brought back some other stuff like oh laptop... sony vaio..
A lot of Li-ion/poly battery electronic devices like cell phones, digital cameras, MP3 players, and laptops have switching power supplies with active power factor correction rated at 100-240V 50/60hz which I believe will work in every country with a simple physical connection adapter (no conversion circutry, just strictly the type of plug). On the other hand, a lot of cheaper AC/DC adapters, generally for less expensive products have specific power requirements. Clearly when they say 100V, they mean 100V. Because of electric standards and certifications, the power specification written on a product is correct. This way, they cannot be held liable for people putting 110V into a product rated at 100V input. Regardless of whether the charger works on 110V or not, that doesn't change the fact that it is designed for 100V and cannot be expected to perform optimally at voltages except 100V. Whether "optimally" means that some units fail at 110V or not, it is undoubtable that it is safer to NOT use this device on 110V outlets.
nemattoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2007, 02:04   #45
lordosborne

I've done about 3 full charges on my MP7 so far, and no problems
lordosborne is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion