TM parts in a WE G17

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old March 25th, 2015, 16:09   #16
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
I have seen 3 TM G17 slide explode in the last month... all interior fields btw.

TMs will works on propane, for a time.

Hicapas do run forever on propane, but Glocks break the slide in 2 at the front.
This is why I said propane is a problem for most TM pistols. From lore I have had passed onto me from several individuals, TM pistols are designed by the Japanese according to Japanese regulations. Most people there are using duster gas in the pistols to keep them under a certain joule limit, and because of this the tolerances of the pistol internals, and even externals, are geared towards use with duster gas. That is why there are a ton of must-do upgrades for most TM pistols out of the box before using propane in them. WE pistols are geared towards use with green gas/propane and require no upgrades to use propane with confidence. Of course you always have those people that use a TM pistol completely stock on propane and have no issues, but those people are few and far between.

TM pistols can function like monsters using propane, but you need to upgrade them first. Something to consider.

Again, if money is no issue, go TM and talk to e-luder as he's a master of TM pistols. However, if you want a monster for under $500, go with WE and talk to Glock here on ASC. He has a WE pistol that has better range and accuracy than most AEGs; no joke.

Last edited by Zack The Ripper; March 25th, 2015 at 16:12..
Zack The Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 16:40   #17
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Yah what Zack is saying. Get a WE if money is an issue and you want a decent glock. Or get a TM and upgrade the piss out of it with anything you want and have a "luxury" pistol that's "top" of the line. Personally Ive held and fired both brands, stock and upgraded. Ive always preferred TM upgraded glocks, so I am biased on that regard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 22:46   #18
ViR

But in TM Glocks the only thing that really breaks is the slide?

I have two.. I should prepare..
ViR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 23:23   #19
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
If you are using the stock TM, with propane, your slide OR your frame can break, specifically your front screw post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 23:42   #20
AnthonyG
LUser Title

Thanks guys, because this is my first pistol I went with the WE. Figured I'd use it to learn without fear of ruining a really nice pistol
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2015, 03:53   #21
shootersaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
I was debating whether to get a TM or WE G17. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like anyone near me has the TM version in stock otherwise It probably would have been my choice.

I'm just wondering how parts interchange works between these two? Are they universal both ways, or are there any parts that are exclusive to one brand?

-Thanks
You can buy the guns modify Hammer Set... They said it is for TM & WE...
http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/shop/g...Path=1_197_204
shootersaber is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion