Reserve Force 56 12.58%
Retired/Released Member 77 17.30%
None/Civillian 264 59.33%
Voters: 445. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 20th, 2011, 15:24   #1
VooDooJoe

Send a message via ICQ to VooDooJoe Send a message via MSN to VooDooJoe
Calling all CF members

Hey everyone. I am looking for a count of Reg, Res, and Retired/released members who currently are into airsoft. I say into because I want to include playing and collecting together. I am not looking for any detailed or personnal information just a good solid number. Why do I want this info you ask? It is because I am going to try and convince the CFB Edmonton base Commander to give the Edmonton Airsoft Regiment access to one of the training areas/facilties on the base. The reason I need CF numbers is to show that there is an interest in the CF and that if I have to form a club on base to gain the access I want that I will have a the numbers and support to do so.

Also I am reaching out to any CF Member (or anybody for that matter) who has played in or knows about any airsoft games played on any CF base or training area so that I have a precendence to present as well. Any info is welcome.

When I have my meeting with "The Man" I want to be able to counter any reason he might have to say "NO".
VooDooJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 15:36   #2
Danke

Good luck; I don't know how easy it is influence a Senior Rank with reality based information but I admire your optimism.
Old December 20th, 2011, 15:47   #3
VooDooJoe

I have a lot of info going into this (everything from current club rule, safety measures, environmental impacts, plus about a dozen more topics that may come up on it)and am confident I have most of my duck in the right row. Numbers is just one more bullet in my link if need be. The worst they can say is no and then we have an educated and profesional debate on it. If its still no then all I have lost is a little time and effort. If its yes then a door opens for the Edmonton club and possibly other clubs. Its worth a shot. And if this fails then myself or someone else can try again in a couple of years when the command changes.
Old December 20th, 2011, 15:53   #4
Pinard
formerly Contractor 6-8, CptPinard17eRAM

Released reserve force... hope my vote will help ya
Old December 20th, 2011, 16:34   #5
Cico

I know that I approached the BC at Borden a year ago with the idea to have access to a section of the training area as long as no military/civi units were booked in and was told flat out no. The big issue he had was insurance.
A number of camo players just walked around with guns on their backs or hanging down with no kill indicators on them and expected players to know they are dead. I'm assuming most of these players drive BMW's and refuse to use the indicators because they know where they are going.
Cico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 16:54   #6
VooDooJoe

^Do they still play paintball on the base in Borden? I know they were holding games there at one point in time.
Old December 20th, 2011, 17:07   #7
oniwagamaru
Occifer

AFAIK there are no bases that allow people to use training facilities for airsoft events. That said, it does happen in the states as you may know. If what you are trying to do does actually happen, it would be that great precedence that people are looking for to start clubs and games in training areas so good luck to you man!
REGULAR GUY
Certified Level 34 Autosniper
μολών λαβε
oniwagamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 17:11   #8
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
Get psp to acknowledge it first. That would be the only way I can see it happening
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 17:26   #9
Conker

That would be pretty awesome and hopefully set a precedence for here in Valcartier. I know there's at least two teams that are almost 100% military in Valcartier, and working at the only brick and mortar shop selling airsoft in Quebec, I can attest that there's been many guys coming in to check airsoft guns both for fun and as a training aid.

@OP: Did you check with US (Pine Plains, Irene, etc) or British (Catterick and others... check with Stirling Airsoft) organizers who already use military facilities for games? Maybe they'll be able to point you in the right direction for further negotiations.

Last edited by Conker; December 20th, 2011 at 17:39..
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 17:30   #10
panzergrenadier

My Regiment has used and will use (in the near future) airsoft as a training tool.
Mostly for OBUA but I'm hoping to convince the CO to buy some for the Regiment.
Old December 20th, 2011, 17:32   #11
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
If psp would recognize it. You could start a base team. Get time off and funding for events. Would be nice
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 18:09   #12
VooDooJoe

@Takagari

I have already been to PSP they told me as long as I can meet the minimum requirments I could start a CRA Club. They told me whether I have to form a club or not I still have to have a sit down with the base commander and get his approval. He has to OK anything that is done on the base CRA or otherwise. If he tells me I have to form a club and gives his OK to it I can have a club put together easily and in short order as I have met all the minimum requirments for forming a club, as far as I have been lead on. If I don't have to form a club and he says OK then great. The hard part is the sell.
Old December 20th, 2011, 18:59   #13
jakster

Reserve - Retired 16 Years
I would recommend getting in contact with Blacksheep, he runs the OP Pine Plains games at Fort Drum in New York. Not a CF base but I would imagine their base would have the same concerns as a CF base and it might give you some guidelines that you could prepare before meeting with the base.
Good luck
jakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 19:38   #14
ToRN

Send a message via AIM to ToRN Send a message via MSN to ToRN Send a message via Skype™ to ToRN
Disregard, just checked our forums and you're there.
Give your head a shake, man. You don't jump out of a shaky car so you can ride in one that's on fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff_Man_in_CADPATs
I also noticed for the first time that Bod sounds a lot like Jango Fett.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
I like the part where he got banned.
ToRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 19:45   #15
H1TMAN
formerly GRoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooJoe View Post
^Do they still play paintball on the base in Borden? I know they were holding games there at one point in time.
I'm in Borden and the paintball club is still active, and they were given an area to play at in the training area.
H1TMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General