Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Hero Outdoors awaiting shipment

:

General

Old June 22nd, 2016, 13:44   #1
pewbiubiu

Unhappy Hero Outdoors awaiting shipment

I've placed a $700 order on Hero Outdoors, a aeg and a magazine, nothing special.

Order was placed last Wednesday, it's been a week now, it's still awaiting for shipment. I'm aware they have a off-site warehouse, but really? It takes more than a week to ship out something like a airsoft gun?

Is it normal processing speed of them? Has anyone else had similar experience with them? Should I just cancel my order?

Plus I've found that their prices are somewhat random. An Odin speedloader asking for over $125, cerakoted Krytac SPR asking for nearly $1000. They did do price match on the Krytac LVOA, but it's still $5 more than T-A's selling price..(This part is just my rant)
pewbiubiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2016, 18:04   #2
SawBone

They don't always have what's shown on their website in stock, but they usually call to accommodate the buyer with different options when the item isn't available. I suggest giving them a call to clear things up.
SawBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2016, 22:44   #3
BobbyDangerous

I never have issues with them. I live close and shop there all the time. Just give them a call and let them know

BA Level 3 Certified
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2016, 23:20   #4
Swattiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewbiubiu View Post
I've placed a $700 order on Hero Outdoors, a aeg and a magazine, nothing special.

Order was placed last Wednesday, it's been a week now, it's still awaiting for shipment. I'm aware they have a off-site warehouse, but really? It takes more than a week to ship out something like a airsoft gun?

Is it normal processing speed of them? Has anyone else had similar experience with them? Should I just cancel my order?

Plus I've found that their prices are somewhat random. An Odin speedloader asking for over $125, cerakoted Krytac SPR asking for nearly $1000. They did do price match on the Krytac LVOA, but it's still $5 more than T-A's selling price..(This part is just my rant)
I once called them first for the item availability before I placed the order online. They told me the item was in stock, so I placed the order. Then later they told me the item was actually not in stock and I had to wait for a few weeks.

Fortunately I was able to get full refund but already lost trust on them.

Their price for airsoft guns also becomes too high to an extent I no longer check their site any more.

Last edited by Swattiger; June 23rd, 2016 at 07:42..
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 01:00   #5
pewbiubiu

I was told last week it would be shipped out this Tuesday. I called them yesterday, and was told it would be shipped out today. Called them again today, and I was told it's at least going to be out by Friday night with a tracking number.

I get it may be a good brick and motar store, but after all this I'm probably not gonna try get anything from them. At one point, I was so close to cancel my order and try my luck with evike. I'll just wait till this Friday, and see what happens.
Old June 23rd, 2016, 07:18   #6
brock0

Hero sucks hard.

They have screwed up or taken forever on every order I have been dumb enough to place there. Just about the only saving grace is that they have coughed up free stuff to make up for their mistakes but honestly if you can't actually go to the store don't order from these guys online.
brock0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 08:16   #7
RobGreen

Hero does not keep Krytac in stock, only time I have ever seen one in store was when a person ordered it. It came in and was shipped out the same day.
Heros off site warehouse - is the supplier.
What Hero is not saying, it likely is crossing the border and is held by customs for inspection and as with most customs inspections - you can't predict when it will be released.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RobGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 10:24   #8
Antikythera

Ya sure sometimes I have to wait but I've always got what I've asked for. I've also visited the store and found it to have a good assortment of goodies. Staff is a bit immature and have some odd people skills but overall they are not the worst.

Edit: That being said I have had an order with them Awaiting Shipment for the last 4 days but what ya gonna do.
Antikythera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 10:48   #9
chaz

Heros=In person only!
Tons of cool stuff in store, staff are pretty goofy and dont really know much about airsoft but decent guys to chat with when shopping their wares
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 13:36   #10
pewbiubiu

The thing is every time I call them they tell me "oh we got a big truck unloading here, your stuff is most likely there" and they've been unloading it for the 3rd day. What a truck...
Old June 23rd, 2016, 14:15   #11
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Call and get a refund, done.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 16:32   #12
M0rphine117
AV Removed, buyer beware.

I've ordered tons of things with Hero and have had exactly 0 issues. The one issue I did have was a patch that turned out to be not in stock. I got a call literally minutes after placing the order with other patch suggestions (in stock to ship with my order) when i told them I'd rather wait they said no problem, 2 weeks later I received it in the mail.

TL; DR
Hero = teh awesome

(Ignore my warning, I`m awesome)
M0rphine117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2016, 13:16   #13
bauclair

Buyairsoft.ca ordered all my items off of these guys well priced and shipped to my door 2-3 days with Regular Canada post shipping option.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
bauclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 16:41   #14
Frostpirate

I'm actually having this same issue ordered this past Monday and still nothing, if nothing by this Monday I'm getting a refund. A week for something that says in stock is outrageous.
Frostpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 22:30   #15
BrendanL

IN store only for them, I wont order online.
BrendanL is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General