Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
Explains why you're here

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2017, 09:57   #19
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Reminder Age Verifications are only Done IN PERSON!! Stop trying to bypass the system as it is the system that those here enforce and uphold.

Sending PM's like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent-smith
hey so i read through your post in regards to age verification and while it is a great system i feel like there should be an online way to verify age as well even if its for those people like me who clearly look way older then 18 . my problem being while i really enjoy air soft with friends and brothers due to some personal reasons im not a very social person with new people in a personal setting meaning i barely ever step foot in an air soft shop or range . but would still very much like to participate in these forums . im also in the middle of nowhere most days though i do travel to Toronto a few days a week . anyway if there is a way i could avoid going to a shop to be verified i would greatly appreciate it. thanks for your time have a great day
Will not help you out in anyway, shape or form!

Just because you look old enough means jack shit especially online, make up and shit can make anyone look older. Hell when I was 14 with zero help from prosthesis/make up and such, I was buying booze and smokes with ease because I looked old enough! In Person Only means In Person ONLY!
Old May 11th, 2017, 23:28   #20
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Also it takes away the anonymity and makes you part of the community. Verifying age is just part of it.
Old May 12th, 2017, 14:07   #21
Scotian

Contacted all of the Age Veris in Halifax and surrounding area and to no Avail i have not got a response back from anyone

I am 35 Years old and would like to get this Done As soon as possible
can anyone on here Point me in the direction

Thank you
Scotian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2017, 11:08   #22
BloodSport
Traveling Man

How simple do we need to make how to get Age Verified information available... seriously you figured out I am one of the people to contact regarding AV issues, but you cant figure out who to contact.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WombatRoo
Good Evening, Sorry to bother you I was just wondering about how i can get my age verified to access the classifieds or any account features if you can find the time please get back to me as soon as possible thanks and have a wonderful day!
Old May 29th, 2017, 11:38   #23
Datawraith

Ouch, I feel for you admins having to constantly put up with this.

Maybe make it so that new accounts can't access anything until they read the AV FAQ thread? And do a quiz on it? :P (Maybe not the quiz)
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2017, 11:56   #24
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Maybe all AV'ers should have a giant signature.

NEED TO GET AGE VERIFIED?> CLICK HERE <
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2017, 12:06   #25
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datawraith View Post
Ouch, I feel for you admins having to constantly put up with this.

Maybe make it so that new accounts can't access anything until they read the AV FAQ thread? And do a quiz on it? :P (Maybe not the quiz)
When people wonder why we do not always respond right away its because some of us sift through 30+ of these almost daily....... Can not wait till you can reach out and slap someone via pm (oh wait I did that once already to Ziming).
Old May 29th, 2017, 12:46   #26
RainyEyes

If I could make a suggestion...

Maybe we could have a sticky on the front page that stands out for new forum visitors. It would be a lot more helpful than the ASC facebook post or the one about hotmail... that space is really underutilized I feel and for the past 1+ year that space has been used for the Rememberance day name change donation event that happened about 2 years ago.

I found a lot of the forums to be super user unfriendly. It's hard to find rules since it's stickied under "asc news and announcements" rather than the NEWB TANK which was my first instinct to browse when I first started. Why would someone new to the forums look into the news and announcements when they want to get basic information about how to use the site?

When I first joined I had to sift through 20+ pages before I had to learn about an actual AVer from word of mouth in-person. For people who know how to navigate the forums, this isn't a problem for people like you or me.

For people who are new to the forums, the forums should be able to detect when a new IP accesses the site and a pop-up should prompt to advise the user to read the rules and actually lead people where they want to go.

This thread in particular: http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=88238

has a hyperlink to the following under "getting age verified" http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=11474

It's dead.

No wonder newbies are having a hard time! Old threads need to be purged or cleaned up/updated. Volunteers need to be recruited.

The site is really old and needs a good update in general.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2017, 11:01   #27
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
If I could make a suggestion...

Maybe we could have a sticky on the front page that stands out for new forum visitors. It would be a lot more helpful than the ASC facebook post or the one about hotmail... that space is really underutilized I feel and for the past 1+ year that space has been used for the Rememberance day name change donation event that happened about 2 years ago.
you realize this post is on the main page right?
Old May 30th, 2017, 15:32   #28
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
you realize this post is on the main page right?
Yes I am aware now that you've pointed it out. It is also from 2015 and the 4th post from the top and completely out of my line of sight.

Everything else in my previous post though.. still stands. Forums need a lot of cleaning up and reorganizing.
Old May 30th, 2017, 19:21   #29
BloodSport
Traveling Man

well the rules are in the FAQ section and stickied there, as it a FAQ about age verifications with active links which is also stickied.
This thread and another in the news section are also stickied already.

Want to retype a few of the others and have time go for it, then PM me the thread link and the modified version, I will gladly copy and paste it in.

You talk about volunteers, a lot of our volunteer base is from the AVers, which as we get to know them more usually are ones who then get asked about becoming moderators for ones we see super active and doing little extras behind the scenes. Why have you not volunteered yet?

Last edited by BloodSport; May 30th, 2017 at 19:28..
BloodSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2017, 22:04   #30
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
well the rules are in the FAQ section and stickied there, as it a FAQ about age verifications with active links which is also stickied.
This thread and another in the news section are also stickied already.

Want to retype a few of the others and have time go for it, then PM me the thread link and the modified version, I will gladly copy and paste it in.

You talk about volunteers, a lot of our volunteer base is from the AVers, which as we get to know them more usually are ones who then get asked about becoming moderators for ones we see super active and doing little extras behind the scenes. Why have you not volunteered yet?
I don't volunteer because I don't believe that the forums in its current state is worthwhile to invest my time in.

The forums as they are leave a lot to be desired. For example, over and over again we have posts regarding the purpose of age verification and why it's a self governance decision but they never explain to my satisfaction exactly WHY that is and WHAT.

Follow the train of thought: what is AV and why do I need it?

I'll click on this link: http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=162068

It will tell me to read the following: http://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=273 (links back to the AV province page gives no info to me at all what's there) -> then i will click on this: http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=162052

The page then reads: ...

The regional representative will look at your ID, ensure you are who you say you are, that you are 18 years of age or older, and record your REAL name, Date of Birth, AND your ASC USER NAME.

but one thing that I found crucial that was missing was citing an actual statute/law. This is the compelling part. People need to know that this is a law abiding forum and not some identity theft ring... For example: http://www.ontla.on.ca/web/bills/bil...t=&BillID=2493

That is the bill that cites that one must be 18 to buy an airsoft gun.

That being said I volunteer with other organizations but it is volunteering my free time and ASC isn't something I would like to advertise in its current state. I have close friends who were active in the airsoft scene and decided not to get AV. As an onlooker from outside the forums, the site does look shady AF sometimes, especially when someone is either young or unfamiliar with the mannerisms of the internet... it's very intimidating to meet people online.

As for finding you dead links and obtaining modified links... I have no idea how to do that. I referenced this ASC link earlier: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=11474
that was retrieved from http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=88238 under #3... that post was from 2009 and I have no context as to where that thread leads.

Another stickied post: http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=93431
dead link in thread indicating "click here for help": http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=49408

tl;dr
Right now I'm not saying that the AV system sucks or that I don't want to be an AVer. Believe me I wanted to apply since day 1 when I rode my bike to Colin_S' house but I knew I had to be more known in the community before applying. Right now I feel the forums need more moderators than AVer's and cleaning up dead threads has been a neglected priority because there's just TOO MUCH INFORMATION and not enough time to read it all.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > ASC News and Announcements