Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

URGENT- POTENTIAL SCAMMER - Any info for USER - Dongtheimpailer

:

General

Old December 18th, 2019, 12:41   #16
Ratters

Impaled on his own d@ng

Probably super busy (let's hope) I feel for you guys. Someone please remind him that comms are everything, deal with good comms from start to finish scores him happy creds and you're golden. otherwise he's spam in a can that sits on a shelf in the classified zone. This isn't Craigslist:smack:
Old December 18th, 2019, 12:52   #17
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
He already had a negative feedback in 2015, why would you continue to do trades with someone that sold a broken gun?

That asides, shame on him! Hope it gets resolved.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2019, 13:05   #18
manchovie

Send a message via ICQ to manchovie Send a message via AIM to manchovie Send a message via MSN to manchovie
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
He already had a negative feedback in 2015, why would you continue to do trades with someone that sold a broken gun?

That asides, shame on him! Hope it gets resolved.
Our first victim blamer, ladies and gentlemen.

my b/s rating
manchovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2019, 17:58   #19
tome

He got me too

I sent him money for an MP7 on the 16th

Looks like he's scamming more people than he can keep track of because he asked me to EMT so he can "send before he head out of town for a few day" after he'd already accepted the EMT.

Before we drag Brian's name through the mud, given the classifieds are the first thing he's posted since 2015 it might be possible that phone/computer got compromised and somebody has control of both his email and ASC.

I tried to search through reddit and such for his username and similarly the last posts are all from 2015 or so
Old December 18th, 2019, 18:33   #20
hinoobies

Quote:
Originally Posted by tome View Post
I sent him money for an MP7 on the 16th

Looks like he's scamming more people than he can keep track of because he asked me to EMT so he can "send before he head out of town for a few day" after he'd already accepted the EMT.

Before we drag Brian's name through the mud, given the classifieds are the first thing he's posted since 2015 it might be possible that phone/computer got compromised and somebody has control of both his email and ASC.

I tried to search through reddit and such for his username and similarly the last posts are all from 2015 or so
That's a fair point. However, in this scenario where we are unable to make contact with Brian, we can assume for the time being that he is the one that committed the act.

During our conversation, he was very familiar with the typical sales process and also the items involved. The likelihood of somebody gaining access to his email and ASC accounts as well as using the forum and understanding the transaction process seems slim
hinoobies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2019, 18:44   #21
manchovie

Send a message via ICQ to manchovie Send a message via AIM to manchovie Send a message via MSN to manchovie
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinoobies View Post
That's a fair point. However, in this scenario where we are unable to make contact with Brian, we can assume for the time being that he is the one that committed the act.

During our conversation, he was very familiar with the typical sales process and also the items involved. The likelihood of somebody gaining access to his email and ASC accounts as well as using the forum and understanding the transaction process seems slim
Also the selection of items that are high value but don't stand out a whole lot and are few and far between on the buy and sell. This person is familiar with airsoft and with these boards. I guess you're right in that it might not be Brian though.

my b/s rating
manchovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2019, 19:03   #22
tome

I hear you guys especially the specific airsoft knowledge, it does look likely that it's actually him and even if it's not then at least it's somebody in the community.

@pkindos in his feedback history it looks like you had a successful transaction on December 11th. Were his contact/payment details the same for that as for the one fraudulent transaction you left feedback for on December 17th?
Or were they the same fraudulent transaction and you left feedback prematurely

EDIT: I'm just clutching at straws hoping he's sick or something..... but I know in my gut that this isn't an honest mistake

Last edited by tome; December 18th, 2019 at 19:13..
tome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2019, 19:33   #23
hollywood...
cranky old man

I just PM'd him and told him he has 24 hrs to sort out this shit storm

......stay tuned
Old December 18th, 2019, 19:34   #24
damage

Send a message via Yahoo to damage
He is online. Hopefully we get our answers.
Old December 18th, 2019, 22:15   #25
Freeze

Dang. Almost hopped onto that TM G18C actually, kinda glad I didn't now.

Hope y'all get your money back or items as promised, because this shit sucks :/

TM G17 Loki Tactical Pink - TM G19 TTI Combat Master
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2019, 05:08   #26
venture

I see that he did not reply. I will add my problems to the list. I paid him for 4 x TM Glocks and a TM VSR10. I sent him $840 and I don't have a tracking number yet ( or ever, probably).

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2019, 10:10   #27
Freeze

Yikes.

Seems to me he sold the same thing to multiple people and is trying to run away with the money now...

Old December 19th, 2019, 10:28   #28
tome

Are there Admins looking at this thread?

How can we get them to take this guy's sales thread down?
I still see the MP7 one that got me up there, which means there may be others getting scammed still!

EDIT:
Also for those that have submitted a police report. What did you write?
I'm thinking I should do mine similarly so they can link the incidents more easily

Last edited by tome; December 19th, 2019 at 10:32..
tome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2019, 10:34   #29
pkindos

Yeah guys I paid for the vsr 10 on the first day. I gave him a good review as he said he would do the same. I didn’t receive a tracking number and he completely ghosted me. He said his wife sent it out and he is clearly lying. He is a piece of shit. I am absolutely crushed as he stole money from us. I don’t care what happens, he clearly did this on purpose. I don’t care if ppl met him before and he was nice. He is clearly ignoring us and just checking in to take the reat of the money ppl sent. How do we get an admin to look at this? I already reported this to the rcamp and fraud department. I will never do a deal that isn’t local anymore. Im absolutely crushed right now.
pkindos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2019, 11:03   #30
Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkindos View Post
Yeah guys I paid for the vsr 10 on the first day. I gave him a good review as he said he would do the same. I didn’t receive a tracking number and he completely ghosted me. He said his wife sent it out and he is clearly lying. He is a piece of shit. I am absolutely crushed as he stole money from us. I don’t care what happens, he clearly did this on purpose. I don’t care if ppl met him before and he was nice. He is clearly ignoring us and just checking in to take the reat of the money ppl sent. How do we get an admin to look at this? I already reported this to the rcamp and fraud department. I will never do a deal that isn’t local anymore. Im absolutely crushed right now.
I think not doing a deal that isn't local will probably heavily limit your options, but it's probably worth nothing that the guy had no trader rating past 2015 other than from this incident.

That would set off a red flag in my head and at that point I'd offer PayPal or something with buyer protection.

Just make sure that you're buying or selling to those who've been active recently and/or maybe frequent well known fields, otherwise it's a pretty big risk.

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General