Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CSOR

:

Canadian

Old February 23rd, 2015, 20:51   #286
ShadowTwoSix

Some screen shots from the video Shift6 posted. (credit goes to CBC for imagery)

Rock'n the IUR's!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CSOR 02 - Maple Leafs CAF Appreciation Night 2015.02.07.jpg (105.7 KB, 373 views)
File Type: jpg CSOR 03 - Maple Leafs CAF Appreciation Night 2015.02.07.jpg (87.7 KB, 360 views)
File Type: jpg CSOR 04 - Maple Leafs CAF Appreciation Night 2015.02.07.jpg (70.2 KB, 297 views)
File Type: jpg CSOR 09 - Maple Leafs CAF Appreciation Night 2015.02.07.jpg (50.7 KB, 337 views)
File Type: jpg CSOR 11 - Maple Leafs CAF Appreciation Night 2015.02.07.jpg (65.6 KB, 341 views)
File Type: jpg CSOR 06 - Maple Leafs CAF Appreciation Night 2015.02.07.jpg (67.9 KB, 290 views)
File Type: jpg CSOR 07 - Maple Leafs CAF Appreciation Night 2015.02.07.jpg (73.9 KB, 307 views)
File Type: jpg CSOR 05 - Maple Leafs CAF Appreciation Night 2015.02.07.jpg (67.4 KB, 273 views)
File Type: jpg CSOR 15 - Maple Leafs CAF Appreciation Night 2015.02.07.jpg (34.8 KB, 222 views)
File Type: jpg CSOR 16 - Maple Leafs CAF Appreciation Night 2015.02.07.jpg (64.6 KB, 271 views)

Last edited by ShadowTwoSix; August 12th, 2016 at 16:45..
ShadowTwoSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2015, 22:08   #287
FirestormX

Every time I see their NODs, all I can imagine is them slipping and falling face first onto their NODs.
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2015, 03:20   #288
-=ArchAngel=-

-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2015, 01:44   #289
PVMG001

Greetings. New member here!

I was looking for some ideas to start making a CSOR/JTF2 loadout, starting with my gun and I found this forum, hope my stay will be pleasant here (not-native speaker here btw)

Long story short; I was looking for some ideas and I stumbled upon this webpage: http://www.northumberlandtoday.com/2...northumberland

There are some photos of a recent CANSOFCOM exercise, but I cannot download the pictures, If someone can do it that would be a big help for all of us.

Also, what kind of Laser device is mounted on those guns?
PVMG001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2015, 06:18   #290
ShadowTwoSix

Thanks to posting that!!! Now I have more to search and obssess over for the next while!

The PEQ in the pics is the Inisght AN/PEQ-16 IPIM. You'll notice no tactical lights on those blasters because the 16 has it built in.

Here are links to the images (images by PETE FISHER PHOTOGRAPHY):

Last edited by ShadowTwoSix; April 26th, 2015 at 06:38..
ShadowTwoSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2015, 23:36   #291
ravan318

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CDN Hoople View Post
Is this a real gun? 416 Upper and C8 lower
ravan318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2015, 23:57   #292
-=ArchAngel=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravan318 View Post
Is this a real gun? 416 Upper and C8 lower
That was originally posted on some CF forum. I believe the upper was at least, was a personal item.
Old July 6th, 2015, 00:01   #293
ravan318

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=ArchAngel=- View Post
That was originally posted on some CF forum. I believe the upper was at least, was a personal item.
So if I build a hybrid like that, it will still be considered "accurate" right?

Also, if my C8A3 has the rail system without the delta ring (or other forms of it), will that still be considered acceptable?

Thanks
Old July 6th, 2015, 15:00   #294
-=ArchAngel=-

Quote:
I believe it was just taken to the range, and that was it. I doubt that anyone was deploying with a mr556/223(hk416) upper. I would say no.

Also, if my C8A3 has the rail system without the delta ring (or other forms of it), will that still be considered acceptable?
I guess the question is whether that particular is rail in service.

Thanks
replies in quote
Old July 7th, 2015, 00:16   #295
ravan318

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=ArchAngel=- View Post
replies in quote
Thanks!
Old July 14th, 2015, 19:30   #296
Conker

That low-vis Griffon is so hot.

Not as much as the all-black one tho.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2015, 03:42   #297
ShadowTwoSix

"Impressions" VS "Inspired by"

Quote:

Thanks
The thing with impressions comes down to how you tout the kit in question.

An example is my "IUR inspired" build. Since first seeing the LAV images of the CANSOF rifle, I reluctantly have to come to grips with the fact that I will not be able to build a perfectly accurate re-incarnation of that rifle. The reason is that there is no Colt Canada IUR upper for airsoft (which still saddens me LOL). Therefore, I have chosen to build it a close as I can making it appear as similar as possible but I'm not going to go around calling it a C8 IUR because simply put... it's not. Hence the "inspired" description.

Some day I hope to get it right even if that means designing and machining a rail system that when attached to an AEG upper, properly mimics an IUR. Time & money will tell.

In the mean time, build your blaster the way you want to. Just know that if you decide to pass it off as particular model/replica when it's clearly not, you're going to get called out by more experienced players.
Old July 16th, 2015, 16:42   #298
R711

The C8 with a HK 416 upper is a picture by KevinB of KAC fame from more then a few years ago.
There is more to the story but that's not for general consumption.
R711 OUT
R711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2015, 19:35   #299
ShadowTwoSix

Thanks to R711, I found the original post by KevinB on army.ca. Indeed not much is stated about the origins of the two. Here are additional images:

Also, here's the link to the thread: http://army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,28664.700.html
Old August 13th, 2015, 10:51   #300
MuffinMacCoinnich

MC Gear

For what ta worth. Last year I was at the Connaught Ranges south of Pet and a bunch of Ninjas walked out of the mess hall. From there they walked over to the parking lot and got in the not OD green military vehicles (Canadian Plates) and drove away to whatever range they were on.

From what I remember they were all wearing different brands of Multicam Clothing. Saw some Cryes saw some other stuff. So in theory for Multicam gear it doesn't need to be G3.

Tbh don't know if they were JTF2 or CSOR or something else with CANSOFCOM but they definitely weren't Paramilitary or Civs. Also couldn't get pictures sorry.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian