Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CHEAP - Smith Optics OTW Turbofan

:

Gear Discussion

Old April 28th, 2015, 09:52   #1
MultipleParadox

CHEAP - Smith Optics OTW Turbofan

So some of you knows I had a "plug" to get these for cheaper than normal (was selling them to me a bit under 150$ after shipping to me and all included)

When I announced them on FB and here, it sparked a lot of interests; and naturally some people started googling around and two guys actually found something very interesting.

For 1, someone mentioned to me that Botach.com sells them for DIRT CHEAP (60$US)
But they don't ship to Canada

Second, some other guy found out that these same Botach guys also sell them on eBay, and it's possible to get them shipped here. Total cost is around 100$CAD and it looks legit enough

TL;DR
Go grab yourself a pair of (from the look of it) legit Smith Optics OTW with Turbo Fan for 100$CAD!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Smith-Optics-...item5b07f09b1b

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2015, 10:01   #2
EOD Steve

Grabbed the non-fan OTWs a few weeks back. Sweet deal.

The Steve has spoken.
EOD Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2015, 10:13   #3
Fenrir92

Thanks OP, ordered one! Can anyone speak to the fit of these goggles? I am asian but Smith Optics doesn't seem to make an asian fit for their turbo fan goggles even though they do make one for their regular OTW goggles.
Fenrir92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2015, 10:25   #4
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir92 View Post
Thanks OP, ordered one! Can anyone speak to the fit of these goggles? I am asian but Smith Optics doesn't seem to make an asian fit for their turbo fan goggles even though they do make one for their regular OTW goggles.
I would of stick with Revision Asian fits, guess you'll find out!
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2016, 13:02   #5
JuicyFruits

Sorry for the necro, but I'm about the pull the trigger on some fan goggles and I can't decide between the OTW and the revision locust. I have some concerns about the OTW

-The "vents" on the side look large... large enough to let a BB pass. This is less of a problem if you do not remove the foam, but many players recommend removing it to prevent fogging. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of full seal goggles?

-The OTW were designed to fit over a helmet. I have read some comments saying that this causes problem if you want to wear them without a helmet. The straps are too big and can not be adjusted to give a "tight" fit.

I have also read of the straps "failling" ( strap getting unglued from where they connect to the googles), but I guess this is a rare scenario.

Can anyone comment on these?
JuicyFruits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2016, 13:16   #6
Burger

I'm thinking of going with revision because the strap on the smiths can come apart where it meets with the plastic...

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk
Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2016, 09:13   #7
MultipleParadox

The OTW strap are rock solid in my experience; Haven't heard or read about any strap issues personally

They can indeed be removed, which is a great feature and allow you to replace them with bungee cords (which I did, better setup for my helmet).

As for the strap length, yeah they are definitely too big to be worn without helmet
It wouldn't be impossible to make it happen but you'd need to do so work I guess

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2023, 17:11   #8
tilliyi

If you are considering purchasing these glasses, it's important to do your own research and make an informed decision. Be cautious when buying from third-party sellers and make sure to verify the authenticity of the product before making a purchase. download tiktok mp3
tilliyi is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion