Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Anybody have experience with the ARES G36 line?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 17th, 2017, 19:37   #1
Erebus115

Anybody have experience with the ARES G36 line?

So over two months ago back in April I placed an order at my local store for an ARES G36K. I was told 2 months but now apparently it'll take longer and I should expect arrival in July. I know it's quite late but I was wondering if anybody had some experience with any of the G36s made by Ares. Anything to note, stay away from, etc?.... I'm trying to read up on it as much as I can to sort of tide myself over until it arrives. Dunno why since I've already placed the order but still.
Erebus115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2017, 23:09   #2
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I have one. it's a piece of shit. it lies to me about working. It feeds in my basement when I chrono it. I bring it to the field, it jams up and refuses to shoot. I hate it. Every time I've needed it as a loaner, it's failed, so it sits on my table, all it does is test springs so I can label the box of used springs that people leave me when they have guns upgraded.

It would be my 5th g36. I have had 3 CAs, I still have 2 which are all sort of not CA anymore except in skeletal and skin remains. The other was returned to stock and sold. I have a jg sl9 in the basement that has been more reliable than the ares at half the price.
Old June 19th, 2017, 15:28   #3
Okawesome

I have an Ares G36C and it's performed well for me so far. I'm new to airsoft so I've only been using it for about 3 months but it has not failed me so far and shoots reliably for a stock gun. I think a few compression upgrades would make it more consistent. I have not disabled the electronic blowback although many people recommend it. So yeah my experience is way different than lurkingknight's.

I am using CYMA midcap magazines. I had to slightly file the locking tabs to get them to fit (less than 1mm removal) but they feed fine.

My one complaint is that I can't get the rear peep sight low enough to zero properly. Flipping to the rear open sight is fine. Airsoft iron sights are never great to begin with though. So I use a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot, cowitnessed with my open irons and it works very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2017, 17:37   #4
BrendanL

I own a Ares g36 that has almost everything replaced/upgraded. It belonged to a friend of mine who always had bad luck with it, after he dumped hundreds into the gun it seems to finally shoot nice. Right now I am running it with a warfet and is pretty fun with the burst modes. But the original owner had nothing but problems with the gun when it was stock.
BrendanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2017, 15:01   #5
jomor

I've got all three lengths and I have had them for years! They work great and I have yet to do any upgrades!
jomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2017, 21:23   #6
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Rule of thumb; avoid Ares.
Old June 26th, 2017, 22:31   #7
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

Aren't the brand new, latest ones supposed to be pretty reliable now? I had the impression that you avoided used ones like the plague, but that the latest batches were actually pretty good.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2017, 16:57   #8
Kozure

I have a Umarex (Ares) G36CV, purchased second-hand. It has been eminently reliable, shoots straight and fast.

As another poster mentioned, you cannot use standard CYMA G36 mags without modification. You can insert them and they will feed, but they will not remain seated in the magazine well and will fall out. I since have bought Ares-brand magazines and they have fed and seated reliably. We have used the Ares high-caps and mid-caps without difficulty. It is actually probably the only gun that I own that has not (yet) had a misfeed/jam at some point.

The gun is stock except the battery connector was modified to Deans and the electric blow-back option was disabled by the previous owner. I have left it disabled as some have commented that it will eventually degrade performance in the internals to leave it on.

Last edited by Kozure; June 29th, 2017 at 16:59..
Kozure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2017, 15:33   #9
Okawesome

For those that say ARES is a bad brand... Do those experiences come from recent or old interactions with the brand? And if you consider ARES bad, why? Is it reliability or performance or replacement parts/upgrade options? I've seen one real bad report of an ARES G36C where the hop up 'fell apart in owners hand' and another where there was an apparent gearbox problem but no details on the diagnosis. Just want to know what to expect down the line during ownership.

Old July 2nd, 2017, 17:14   #10
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Ares is notorious for a few problems. That doesn't mean that every model of every gun they've ever made is necessarily bad, but it's a consistent mess. Ares is known for proprietary parts, spec issues and horrid customer service and product support, among other things. Couple that with the fact that there are always reliable companies that make the gun you want and that Area prices are typically high end for their train-wreck of a reputation and it plops them right in the middle of the DNB list. Why take the risk when there isn't a reason to? If you want a G36, then there are several companies that make them, in several variants, many of which have good reputations. What else is there to consider?
Old August 31st, 2017, 00:24   #11
xDarkAurax

So for my Ares G36C, I got one of the newer models. One of the ones with the electronic trigger unit and electric blowback. Shot half of one mag the very first game I brought it out. Completely stripped all the teeth on the bevel gear. Whatever, got a lemon. Replaced with another stock Ares gear and have had no gearbox problems since (I also shimmed the gearbox properly, which was NOT done from the factory).

And then next time I took it out was to a milsim for 12 hours. Nearing the end of all day fighting (I went through minimum 1000 shots that day) it wouldn't feed and fire. Turns out the hopup rubber fell apart. Replaced it with a Lonex 70o bucking and since then the gun has worked like a charm.

I also have the M4 magwell adapter, and that works amazingly well. I would say that the gun is not a bad gun (after these issues were fixed). It's great if you want to be forced to learn how to take an aeg apart (which really isn't a bad thing).
xDarkAurax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2017, 10:36   #12
Okawesome

Hey DarkAura what brand of m4 adapter are you using? I know not all of them work well. But since I have the exact same model I'd like to know what my options are.

Old September 1st, 2017, 00:57   #13
xDarkAurax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okawesome View Post
Hey DarkAura what brand of m4 adapter are you using? I know not all of them work well. But since I have the exact same model I'd like to know what my options are.

Can't remember the brand and the gun is tucked away somewhere. Are you age verified? I have no idea how to check and I don't want to break any rules by telling you the shop I got it at.
xDarkAurax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2017, 11:46   #14
Enjoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDarkAurax View Post
Can't remember the brand and the gun is tucked away somewhere. Are you age verified? I have no idea how to check and I don't want to break any rules by telling you the shop I got it at.
If you look closely you will see a badge that says, AGE VERIFIED
Old September 4th, 2017, 19:06   #15
Okawesome

Yes I'm age verified. PM me the details of the brand or the shop, that would be very helpful. Thanks!

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion