:

General

Old August 2nd, 2010, 15:21   #16
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
Some of the gun nuts that I've talked to hate paintball just as much as airsoft. They kind of lump us into 1 group of "gun owner wannabees"
Yeah, fuck those arrogant assholes.

They have their toys, we have ours. There really is little reason for any cross over, other than the fact that they look similar, but that doesn't mean anyone needs to have a hate on for the other side. A guy I know says he'd rather 'do the real thing' far as I'm concerned he's too retarded to operate a trigger of any kind, but whatever, he'd rather stand and shoot (well, sit and pick his ass) at static targets, and I'd rather hang out with some like minded people and friends and run around and have fun for a day, doesn't mean I need to hate on firearm owners though.
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 15:40   #17
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
he'd rather stand and shoot (well, sit and pick his ass) at static targets, and I'd rather hang out with some like minded people and friends and run around and have fun for a day, doesn't mean I need to hate on firearm owners though.
Sounds like you already do have a bit.

For me airsoft has it's place as does real shooting. There is just something about recoil, poking the ace, and the smell of gunpowder that does it for me. No airsoft gun can come close to the recoil or the accuracy of a real firearm.

At the same time a real firearm will never have the fun of being able to lawfully shoot your friends over and over, not to mention no full auto for real firearms (although most airsoft guns have insanely rates of fire and nothing like their real counterparts).

You cannot compare the two at all.

P.S. not all my targets are static. I have moving targets. I also hunt! You want something tougher than airsoft? Try stalking a deer!

At the same time isn't there also an IPSC airsoft league as well?

Last edited by Drache; August 2nd, 2010 at 15:48..
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 16:03   #18
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
Naw, I have a hate on for that guy... and arrogance. Some of my cynicism tends to bleed through sometimes. I worked with him once on a job, never again... fat lazy son of a bitch. #### the Slug we called him. Hint: it rhymes.

And yeah, I suppose there are dynamic courses and ranges you could take for real steel (now I'm remembering the dynamic carbine video by Magpul), and ISPC in Airsoft, but I stick with games rather than ranges, again, that's just me.

I suppose I should mention, I've got nothing against real steel myself, I think it's pretty nifty, but I prefer airsoft, for the aforementioned reasons.

But yes, you're right, they each have their own time and place and purpose, and as I said, there's little to no reason for mixture.
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 19:22   #19
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache View Post
Now if I could just shoot an airsoft rifle for as cheap as my .22 then I'd start converting plinkers over to that too
How do you figure that BB's are more expensive than .22?

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 19:35   #20
Drache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
How do you figure that BB's are more expensive than .22?
Buy an airsoft rifle and upgrade the heck out of it to be able to even shoot close to MOA.

Then throw in Airsoft BB's, sure they are cheaper in the long run.....

I mean seriously, what's the price now for a bag of say .4's? $30 plus shipping for 1000?

So that's only 50% cheaper than my ammo for my .22LR (without the shipping costs for the airsoft BB's)
Old August 2nd, 2010, 20:57   #21
reaper416

man its all about the tactics.we can go out on the field with our litltle toys.have fun shoot the the shit out of each other.talk about it have some beer.and everybody goes home.they just dont see the big picture.they can have there bragging rights with there real steel.why shoot paper targets that dont shoot back.thats no fun..
in the immortal words of bruce lee.boards dont hit back!
its all in perfecting your own field craft.its an art.
reaper416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 21:04   #22
Drache

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper416 View Post
man its all about the tactics.we can go out on the field with our litltle toys.have fun shoot the the shit out of each other.talk about it have some beer.and everybody goes home.they just dont see the big picture.they can have there bragging rights with there real steel.why shoot paper targets that dont shoot back.thats no fun..
in the immortal words of bruce lee.boards dont hit back!
its all in perfecting your own field craft.its an art.
Once again, try stalking a deer and see how well you do

I love my airsoft for what it is, a "sport". It will never replace my real firearms as they just have more uses.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 21:47   #23
Lakonian
kos

Neither is morally superior, or superior period.

Personally, I prefer my RS because I know it doesn't have intricate little gears that must be properly shimmed, and doesn't demand for a 1 hour PMCS routine. CZ opens in 7 seconds, fully cleaned/checked in about 10-15 minutes.

Application? Well, obviously AS is more fun if placed in the correct environment.
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2010, 01:37   #24
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache View Post
Buy an airsoft rifle and upgrade the heck out of it to be able to even shoot close to MOA.

Then throw in Airsoft BB's, sure they are cheaper in the long run.....

I mean seriously, what's the price now for a bag of say .4's? $30 plus shipping for 1000?

So that's only 50% cheaper than my ammo for my .22LR (without the shipping costs for the airsoft BB's)
You didn't say it had to shoot MOA, and you didn't mention .4's.

The point is moot anyway because an airsoft gun will never shoot MOA.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2010, 09:21   #25
Drache

Quote:
You didn't say it had to shoot MOA, and you didn't mention .4's.
Why shoot at a target if you aren't going to hit it?

Quote:
The point is moot anyway because an airsoft gun will never shoot MOA.
And thus I rest my case
Old August 3rd, 2010, 15:34   #26
m4ark

Well I've been shooting (the real deal) for 18 years now, playing paintball for about a year and just discovering airsoft, so I just need to get in on this one. Any real gun owner that would trash airsoft and/or paintball, especially the "tacticool" guys...has never tried it before...because if he did he would be a convert like me. I used to shoot tactical handgun, shotgun and carbine matches. However NO target, not even steel or moving can compare to the thrill of shooting at a real live, breathing, THINKING and shooting back human being. Lately I've found myself selling real guns to invest more money into my paintball/airsoft addiction. More real gun owners needed to get out and try it!

One comment on trashing each other...maybe if we all worked together, real gun owners and airsofters, we would be a stronger group who could work together to fight our legal battles. Ultimately we all the same basic interest in all things military and gun related don't we?

Ernest Hemingway
m4ark is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General