Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

VSR-10 'Battle rifle' (Work stage)

:

Airsoft Media

Old October 27th, 2009, 00:26   #16
Strelok

Didn't you say that once already? lol

Anyway, Another update! Did a bit of brainstorming. Along with a bit of help from Amos.

Pickachures go!

Alright, so. Its a bit of a mess, yeah. But its all adressing little issues when I was going over the initial design. I'm pretty much set on the rear sight thing now...

1. Cover retaining band, NUTS and bolts.
So, Since the magazine is in the way, I can't exactly have the retaining band wrapping around the whole cover and front stock. So, I'm just going to make the retaining band screw into the sides to secure the wooden cover ontop. That way I dont obstruct the magazine in any way. and It doesn't seem too shabby either. Lol. I'm just a slight bit worried if it'll affect the stocks structure/durability... We'll just have to find out when time comes. Oh well.

2. Rear sight doohickey shit.
Another problem was fastening the sight to the barrel of the gun. Amos came up with a pretty clever idea with just having an extending plate that secures with the same means as the rail would. Screws.
It simply comes down to making the plate (Which is shown in red), and fastening the rear sight I'm cutting out later next week. I'll also stick on an adhesive foam strip to the front of it (*3 on the diagram), so the friction between the cover and the plate itself will prevent it from shifting around inside. Shouldn't be too hard. i'll need to find an easy means to make this plate though. Maybe 'easy' isnt a proper word for this, lol.

And 4. I didn't number it. But the cover itself should be distinguishable enough. I'm probably just going to have the hopup lever exposed through a cutout in the side of the upper cover. Its probably not accurately placed in the doodle... But its just a diagram if anything. Once I get down to working with the thing physically that won't be an issue. Lol.

That's it for now.

Any suggestions/ideas are appreciated!

Last edited by Strelok; October 27th, 2009 at 01:11..
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 07:30   #17
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
Didn't you say that once already? lol
Nope (I say as I delete my earlier post that I forgot about...Shhhh!)

MoreToasties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 14:04   #18
Lakonian
kos

Would look soooo much better if it was mag fed... LOL

Like this shorty :
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 17:24   #19
Strelok

Hah. Wow, yeah. I'd agree. If anything, I 'could' wait 'till those l96 platforms from TM came out...

Nah.

I'll prolly just make a mock magazine and make it into a compartment of some sort. The Classic army m24 featured that and I thought it was awesome. But that'll have to be a later addition, I'm just wanting to get what I have down in drawings before i move on to much else.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 00:34   #20
Strelok

So it begins.

I'm gonna whip out the saws and stuff around this weekend. Until then, measurements measurements measurements.

Though, Holy crap. This gun is a lot longer than I had initally expected. Which is good!
Old November 3rd, 2009, 00:41   #21
Twin#1[Op-for]

A few things I have to add here. Firstly...nice sketches! Is that on the computer or on paper then loaded onto the comp? I have actually held the Kar98 and it was pretty amazing. Good luck with you build!
Twin#1[Op-for] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 00:44   #22
Strelok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin#1[Op-for] View Post
A few things I have to add here. Firstly...nice sketches! Is that on the computer or on paper then loaded onto the comp? I have actually held the Kar98 and it was pretty amazing. Good luck with you build!
Thanks! They're done on a graphics tablet which kinda eliminates the scanning process once you get used to using it.

I'll need as much luck as i can get. Lol. Or a good bandsaw and bandsander for the time being~
Old November 3rd, 2009, 00:50   #23
Twin#1[Op-for]

Very talented artist! Good luck with that build. It will probably be ALOT of work, but if it turns out, will be so sexy.
Twin#1[Op-for] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 02:00   #24
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Just wanted to say, your drawings are epic as always.

Good luck with the project!

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 12:56   #25
JohnnyPistoll

good luck with your project! i hope to see pictures of your build.
JohnnyPistoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2009, 02:07   #26
Strelok

Okay, So. i'm gonna have to skip the whole AK-sight thing because I don't have the tools to do so. and the plastic that rear sight bit is really brittle under a saw.

So, I decided to make a sight of my own. Its going to use the rear screws on the VSR's receiver. Not adjustable... Well, kind of. i'll have indication marks on the back of the rear sight that will mark range increments depending how much you lift the front sight up.

Heres some pics. Conceptual drawings tommorow.

Now that the rear sight is drying... Time for doing the front.

Edit : Summore pictures. And also got the front sight done (kinda)

The front sight will be worked over with a modeling epoxy to look a bit sharper, currently its only being fit by friction between the screw on barrel end and the barrel itself. Ligns up nicely too.

Last edited by Strelok; November 7th, 2009 at 03:51..
Old November 7th, 2009, 12:37   #27
Amos

Y'know you could trade me some AK retainer parts for my adjustable VSR rear sight!

Seeeee
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2009, 14:27   #28
Strelok

Pffff, I know I know :P, Only ones I'm up to trading are the ones from my G&G, The G&P ones stay. Now that i've got these on the way I think I should be fine for the moment.

anyway, I mighty puttied the iron sights so they'd be a bit sturdier. Just waiting for the rear sight to harden a bit so I can sand it down and paint it.

\
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media