:

Other Regions

Old February 6th, 2006, 22:19   #46
Man Solo

Send a message via MSN to Man Solo
[QUOTE=SniperChic][QUOTE=SKI]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake
part of the Sniper Creed is, Though Shall not disclose tricks of the trade.........
thou?

Paying also sufficent attention to third personell.
Man Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 22:21   #47
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

[QUOTE=Man Solo][QUOTE=SniperChic]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI
Quote:
part of the Sniper Creed is, Though Shall not disclose tricks of the trade.........
thou?
Ya....TYPO....thanks.....gotta stop inhailing all that gunpowder......
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired or reserve - is someone who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The Country of Canada", for an amount of "up to and including my life."-- Author Unknown
SCG48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 22:26   #48
Man Solo

Send a message via MSN to Man Solo
Having a thread dedicated to snipers is a good idea, but the idea of limiting who can read or post is very hard to do. You could make everyone take sha do's course but I think it would get very old having the same few people post. A better Idea would be everyone is allowed to post and have them lose that privillege with the posting of some stupid question.

Paying also sufficent attention to third personell.
Man Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 23:02   #49
SKI

I'm not suggesting we restrict the section so only snipers could see or post in it. I'm more or less suggesting that the snipers restrict some of the info they post.

Fox, I agree that training and experience is what makes a better player. I just wouldn't want people discussing tactics in depth. I enjoyed Sha Do's courses and would hate to see them unused.

As Sniper Chic said "Thou Shall not disclose tricks of the trade.........". I'd like to see that doctrine (sp?) followed by snipers.

Drake, fieldcraft is the better part of it. I agree. I also agree with the statement that if there was a sniper section on the boards, that it should include counter sniping, spotters, etc. When I take on the sniper role, I've always had a spotter. Having a sniper team makes a different approach to the game. It's fits in more with the milsim aspect of the game.
Old February 7th, 2006, 13:36   #50
JacoNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperChic
Brown brown, right?

(Lord of War... Nicolas Cage...)
JacoNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2006, 14:39   #51
-Skeletor-
Not everyone is able to take that airsoft sniper course, like.. everyone out west, the maratimes, etc.

Just because you haven't taken that course, doesn't mean you should be denied access to information. You don't need to take any course to be a airsoft sniper.

I've never taken the course, but I'm sure I could be a "airsoft sniper".

Plus, I've been trained by Reserve/Reg Force Infantryman, etc in cam an concealment, fieldcraft, etc

Plus, info on upgrading different rifles, reviews, etc are all available on many sites/forums.

Also, other people can pick up different things by talking to people, trial an error, etc.

One other thing, seems liek everyone is forgetting an important part of a sniper team. The SPOTTER. He/she helps ID/find targets, provides secruity, etc, etc
Old February 7th, 2006, 16:17   #52
Redneck

Send a message via ICQ to Redneck
Quote:
Originally Posted by -MikeL-
Not everyone is able to take that airsoft sniper course, like.. everyone out west, the maratimes, etc.

Just because you haven't taken that course, doesn't mean you shoulden't be denied access to information. You don't need to take any course to be a airsoft sniper.

I've never taken the course, but I'm sure I could be a "airsoft sniper".
As much as I am in favour of the Sniper's Corner, I also agree with this.

I think if a person has enough experience in airsoft, they should be able to judge within reason, safe engagement ranges, target acquisition and such.

I've been in airsoft long enough and my work schedule prevents me from attending many games. While I don't mind attending the Sniper Clinics/Courses/Workshops/Seminars, the reality is that there hasn't been one held in quite some time, and if one gets put together and I can't make it, no one is going to tell me I can't use my Type 96 if it falls within the host's fps limits.

There seems to be a fine line between a specialized skill and elitism as far as this topic goes. I just hope that the clinics are held soon and often. And available by correspondence for our friends in other provinces.

Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Tai Kwan Leap. Approach me that you might see...
Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2006, 17:52   #53
ThePUNISHER

Send a message via MSN to ThePUNISHER
[QUOTE=SniperChic][QUOTE=Man Solo]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperChic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI
Quote:
thou?
damn I didnt know MP's fired that many rounds during a shift that it would make them start to go wonky with spelling errors
Old February 7th, 2006, 18:29   #54
manchovie

Send a message via ICQ to manchovie Send a message via AIM to manchovie Send a message via MSN to manchovie
LOL oh you silly punisher.
i am going to have to disagree with most of the stuff in this thread thus far. i am of the persuasion that an airsoft sniper is anybody with a gun more powerful than the standard full auto fps limit. what you choose to do with what little extra range is your call.
i for one like to lead charges with my bolt action, as that extra 50ft or so of range is super useful at the beginning of an engagement and a charging sniper has remarkable "pinning" potential i wear a ghillie just so that i can be more half assed at hiding. it's been criticized but it frikkin works, and i dont care if people know my technique because i'm confident of it. plus if you know what people think they're to expect from you, you can fuck with their heads (my absolute favorite thing about sniping). but my personal technique is not important, what is important is the listing of the many uses an airsoft sniper may have, along with all sorts of other information in order to promote personally betterment.
which brings me to point 2: list all your secrets. there's far too many myths to kill and far too many redundancies to squash to keep shit to ourselves. there's a massive wealth of knowledge in this community and if we'd have pooled it sooner, it would be exponentially larger by now. if "assaulters" know what we know, we can use it to our advantage.
the biggest problem i see here is listing hokey ass broken telephone style information. there should be a rule that every post created for information should be either first hand information or a link to this first hand information (hence need to share). the less gassy-mouth inexperienced jabber we have, the more we will benefit from it.
reviews should contain figures. in something as insane as pushing a sperical object weighing less than half a gram 200ft in a straight line, preciseness is everything. if someone has a similar setup to someone else's posted chrony results, do them too and post them.
lets make a goddamn encyclopedia.

my b/s rating
manchovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2006, 18:50   #55
steve_187
Age Status Revoked!!

Send a message via MSN to steve_187
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_ghillie
If you don't have the patience to google it, you most likely won't have the patience to play the sniper role.
A correlational similarity between not using GOOGLE, and shooting someone with an airsoft gun in a preferred manner...
Hey, you should get that theory published...Might be on to something big...

On the topic at hand, I agree with manchovie.

Need Parts/Accessories? http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=18854
steve_187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2006, 19:01   #56
Ghillie973

Send a message via MSN to Ghillie973 Send a message via Yahoo to Ghillie973
Quote:
Originally Posted by manchovie
That's my idea for the sniper section. Just a place with detailed reviews, spring charts ect.

As for the tactics info, as I said it can be googled and we shouldn't be spoon-feeding noobies who can't search. I for one would not like to play with a trigger happy kid who has no experience and no regard for minimum engagement range.

Steve_187 - There's a difference between a sniper and a DSM. A sniper must have patience and sometimes not take the shot cause it's not worth giving away you location.

Sniper:
1. A skilled military shooter detailed to spot and pick off enemy soldiers from a concealed place.

2.One who shoots at other people from a concealed place.
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary
Ghillie973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2006, 19:16   #57
steve_187
Age Status Revoked!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by manchovie
That's my idea for the sniper section. Just a place with detailed reviews, spring charts ect.

As for the tactics info, as I said it can be googled and we shouldn't be spoon-feeding noobies who can't search. I for one would not like to play with a trigger happy kid who has no experience and no regard for minimum engagement range.
You make a good point, but my point is also simple. Its a game. People get bruses and cuts in every single (active) game played... In airsoft, sometimes people get shot from close range, it happens. People tend to complain alot in this game...If theres a questionable hit fired apon me, I will tell that person not to be a tool, and if they do it again, they get lit up by my pony...Thats the only way people will learn, not by reading faq's in a forum.

Airsoft a sport where you shoot bbs at people at a high velocoty/Rate of fire. which means, your intentionally causing that person some degree of pain. Stop bitching when a bb hits you, and start enjoying the sport for what it is. There are video games you can play if you want to be completly safe.

I think restricting a section because the 'snipers' want to remain mysterous, is completly retarded. Don't forget, your playing a fictional game here people. The ammunition you are discharging is plastic, and the people your firing them at are probably joining you after the game for wings and beer....So why hide information?

Old February 7th, 2006, 19:21   #58
steve_187
Age Status Revoked!!

Quote:
Steve_187 - There's a difference between a sniper and a DSM. A sniper must have patience and sometimes not take the shot cause it's not worth giving away you location.

Sniper:
1. A skilled military shooter detailed to spot and pick off enemy soldiers from a concealed place.

Again, your definitions are correct, but this is a game, not the military. I for one knew about airsoft before i was really connected to the internet on a regular basis. So i in fact was not atoned to the proper use of a search engine. That doesn't mean that im not able to play a sniper role....

Edit: Also, you can take shots and not give your position away in airsoft. your rifle makes a very sad excuse of a noise when fired. even if you are close enough to be heard, most of the time theres too much noise around you for a single 'plunk' to draw hordes of peoples attention...

Old February 7th, 2006, 20:19   #59
Boche
I am memel, hear me roar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_187
Quote:

Sniper:

Again, your definitions are correct, but this is a game, not the military. I for one knew about airsoft before i was really connected to the internet on a regular basis. So i in fact was not atoned to the proper use of a search engine. That doesn't mean that im not able to play a sniper role....

Edit: Also, you can take shots and not give your position away in airsoft. your rifle makes a very sad excuse of a noise when fired. even if you are close enough to be heard, most of the time theres too much noise around you for a single 'plunk' to draw hordes of peoples attention...
STOP!!!!!!! Steve, you're giving too much info. Shhhhhh!

Dedicated Sniper Section, good idea.

The Shepherd always finds His sheep.
The Flat Earth has me Levelled.
Boche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2006, 21:05   #60
Jar|-|ead
Banned

hahaha...too much info...LOL
Jar|-|ead is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Other Regions