Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Russian fans of CSOR

:

Canadian

Old April 14th, 2012, 12:35   #76
marac

I was refering to ww2 airsofters, and I wouldn't be selective to choose those to be real reenactors while those wearing modern stuff are not (you can say the russian was just reenacting CSOR operative in afghanistan). Yes, you wouldn't wear a beret in 'stan (KAFers excluded) but hey, if a guy wants to wear it, who cares? It's a game. And I know tan beret isn't just CSOR, but commonly we all call it that around Pet.

And you're absolutely right about those that take it too far, buying DEUs, getting married wearing them, wearing medals or even just combats in public, etc, but who was talking about those people? To stay on track here, we are talking about people wearing badges or patches in a game and game alone, and no matter how much sleep I lost over it, I just couldn't find it to be going too far, out of the line.
marac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 13:24   #77
Bungdup

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Skeletor- View Post
None of the above, it was called something like the Warrior badge and came in different levels(colours). Believe it was tied into skill level on IBTS type training - Warrior Training Program?. Not sure how long it was around for, pretty sure it was around in the early - mid 90's. There is also a handbook that was out during that time(an still givin out into the early 2000s when there was stock in units), Warrior Hand Book, covered TOETs, fieldcraft, etc.

Thanks for the info. Although I wonder how long the team leader had to spend to collect a full set of them to hand out to guys that joined his team lol.
Bungdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 20:39   #78
Al3xqc

I mean it really depends from people, I serve in the Canadian forces and I do not agree with civilians wearing cadpat items. It's a privilege to wear the uniform and an honor to wear your trade badge. So I find it annoying (sometimes) to see people wearing army stuff without being actual members of the armed forces but it's not any different from wearing other countries army uniform so in the end it just come to respect the uniform.

Nothing we can really do about it now, a lot of place sell cadpat items and replica of cap badges and real berets, I mean as long as you wear it correctly and don't disrespect it and don't wear the uniform in public it's fine with me.

Just my opinion...

Loadout : AEG AKS-47 - 400 FPS

Last edited by Al3xqc; April 21st, 2012 at 16:03..
Al3xqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 01:05   #79
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3xqc View Post
I mean it really depends from people, I serve in the Canadian forces and I do not agree with civilians wearing cadpat items. It's a privilege to wear the uniform and an honor to wear your trade badge. So I find it annoying (sometimes) to see people wearing army stuff without being actual members of the armed forces but it's not any different from wearing other countries army uniform so in the end it just come to respect the uniform.

Nothing we can really do about it now, a lot of place sell cadpat items and replica of cap badges and real berets, I mean as long as you wear it correctly and don't disrespect and don't wear the uniform in public it's fine with me.

Just my opinion...
For most people, it's the trade badges and items such as Berets. Not so much the CADPAT.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 03:56   #80
NovaKaynE

Gato hit the nail on the head. The beret, badges, rank status and proficiency badges, thats what we don't like seeing other people wear to simulate an "impression" as you all call it. You car wear all the IR patches, Canadian Flags/patches or a countries designated camouflage all you want, but when it comes down to wearing a tab, rank insignia or any parts thereof that represents the trials any serving individual must go through to earn the right to wear such a thing, we don't agree with. Personally, during my SQ, I re-fractured a bone in my foot and while jumping into my trench, my helmet bounced up and bopped me in the face which broke 7 of my front teeth. At that point in the course, I only had 3 days until I "graduated" and received my qualification and the "injury" I sustained would have gotten me medically kicked off course. At this point in time, I had already spent 3.5 weeks learning everything and getting belt fed C.O.C.K on inspection and I wasn't ready to go home, so I sucked it up, took the pain and graduated and when I got home, I dealt with the broken teeth. It hurt beyond any pain you could possibly imagine. But I did it because I knew my unit was paying me to complete a job and come hell or high water, I would complete that job. That's just one story. Each and every individual currently serving has a story like this where they sacrificed something to achieve something greater, whether it be a tab, rank insignia or proficiency level or to prove to their coleagues that they belong within the community. So when we see somebody with the ability to just simply go to a surplus store and buy that piece of kit and wear it without knowing how hard it is to acquire, some people may get a little moody. Personally, I don't give a shit. Wear whatever you want. At the end of the day, I know you're just using it to complete an impression. But, if you do choose to wear a certain piece of kit, please do your best to understand exactly what that piece of kit means and don't abuse it.
Old April 21st, 2012, 16:05   #81
Al3xqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
For most people, it's the trade badges and items such as Berets. Not so much the CADPAT.
I agree with what your saying I feel the same way.

Loadout : AEG AKS-47 - 400 FPS
Al3xqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 16:15   #82
Silverback93

As said many times over and over now cap badges, ranks, certain berets are off limits or at least imo they are.

However one of my biggest pet peeves are airsofters (and paintballers) looking for real issued cadpat. Whether it just be the uniform or a piece of kit (often see people looking for small packs). Why does this annoy me? Because I've seen airsofters with kit I don't even have yet and higher ranking people at my unit don't even have it because so limited resources, not to mention selling or owning issued cadpat unless your in CF is illegal.
Silverback93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 02:17   #83
Argil

Well guys, i've sad enough already. Recenlty we had a team meating where we had decided to put all berets and such stuff on shelves. Of course it's just a matter of complete impression and nothing more and if it hurts real soldiers whom we are taking after so be it. But from other side - why can anyone buy any beret or badge or any special stuff just in store? Why not to ask his SIN or else?

Last edited by Argil; April 23rd, 2012 at 02:31..
Argil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:07   #84
Diho

Recent picture. More coming
Diho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 04:04   #85
Argil

'course youre right but for instance - when we tried to order from one online store IR canadian flags - our SINs were asked, thats why i asked.
Argil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 04:30   #86
Diho

It is intermediate look of my team. List of requirements still not complete but we are working. Picture for hard criticism
Old April 24th, 2012, 10:58   #87
Dingo
aka GhillieSnipes

Change the optics to 552s, 553s, or Spectre DR's. Take off the suppressors unless its a KAC suppressor (that tiny one bottom row second from left looks f**king retarded). Already said above about the Cadex mounts. You cant really do much about the lid itself because there arent any repro Gallet helmets. Second from right needs to change this M16 stock. Looks good though, keep up the good work.
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 11:01   #88
pugs144

I've seen them use Rabintex helmets vice the Gallets.
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 11:10   #89
Diho

As I noticed they use OPS supressors. And what the big difference between mich manufaturers? I think no major difference between msa, gentex, gallet, rabintex

Last edited by Diho; April 24th, 2012 at 11:35..
Old April 24th, 2012, 18:53   #90
Dingo
aka GhillieSnipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Skeletor- View Post
Why should it only be KAC? What makes you think CSOR uses a KAC suppressor?
Didn't even notice that small suppressor, yea that should be gone.

Also, CSOR issues out Rabintex helmets like pugs said.
I should have said Rabintex, but Gallet helmets are easier to find (at least Ive seen a lot more on forums) so I thought it would be easier for them to find.

The way I should have phrased it instead of "take off the suppressor unless its a KAC", is "if it isnt OPS or KAC, take it off". What makes you think they dont use KAC suppressors?

I cant remember the suppressor model number, but I think its the OPS 15. Ive seen 1 once (airsoft version) on I believe airsoftparts (I could be wrong).

As far as the difference between lids goes, I thought it was just minor external differences (like -Skeletor- noted). As far as anything else goes, Im unsure.

Not related, but good job as a whole team on getting a pretty decent group of impressions together. Not many people around here all do decent kits as a team.
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian