Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

"New" guns

:

Newbie Tank

Old September 22nd, 2015, 22:15   #16
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
As for local Everyone likes mach1Airsoft, majority do not like torontoairsoft.

depot are ok..... Depot can do cash deals if your Asian of spend alot of monies.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2015, 22:21   #17
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

To the OP, do your research yourself on locations... everyone will give you their opinion but those mean nothing until you've been there yourself.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2015, 11:24   #18
Juke16

If your budget is in the $450 area, LCT or Real Sword all the way. If you want a specific AK variant, buy from LCT, if you don't mind the Type 56/AKM look, go Real Sword.

LCT has extremely good build quality and detail, but Real Sword really takes the cake for authenticity and robustness. The Real Sword Type 56 looks, feels, and is made almost exactly like a Type 56 (there are various unconfirmed rumours ranging from Real Sword guns being made with spare Type 56 parts to Norinco being the direct OEM, probably not true but they demonstrate the quality of the rifle). LCT I would say to be on the upper end of the airsoft spectrum and do an excellent job replicating the real rifles, but comparing a LCT to a Real Sword is definitely like comparing a toy to real steel.

If you really wanted to cheap out, go for the steel CYMA CM 048 series or the Dboys steel rifles (I don't mention Echo 1 because they rebrand CYMA and JG AKs under their mark). It should be noted while CYMA and Dboys make AKs with steel receivers, Dboys has a seperate line that is completely steel and in my opinion gives LCT a run for its money if the buyer is willing to spend additional funds to upgrade the internals.

The general rule of thumb for CYMA and Dboys is that if you want good external quality but bad internal quality, go with a Dboys (gearbox swap almost guaranteed, hopup upgrade probably recommended); if you want good internals but don't mind less detailed externals, CYMA is the way to go. If you want good internals and externals, go LCT, if you want even more than that, go Real Sword. For more information, I'd suggest searching up threads on Red Alliance.

I don't suggest E&L though because from what I've heard in Hong Kong, they rust up and easily fail under adverse conditions.
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2015, 15:48   #19
Estrela

Thanks juke16 some helpful replies. That was another question about the rusting. If you play outdoors do metal guns rust and what can be done to prevent this?

I saw a youtube video where they basically were all over E&L and against the LCT because of wobble etc and it made me think. I found an E&L for 600 and a real sword for 600 so i would have gone for that but a bit out of budget. Cant wait for age verify!! I want to get a gun but would like to see classified.
Estrela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2015, 16:07   #20
Juke16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estrela View Post
Thanks juke16 some helpful replies. That was another question about the rusting. If you play outdoors do metal guns rust and what can be done to prevent this?

I saw a youtube video where they basically were all over E&L and against the LCT because of wobble etc and it made me think. I found an E&L for 600 and a real sword for 600 so i would have gone for that but a bit out of budget. Cant wait for age verify!! I want to get a gun but would like to see classified.
Realsword includes oil for you to regularly oil your steel parts. As well, metallurgy for Realswords seems to be better than E&Ls as I'm guessing the humid and salty air in Hong Kong aided in corroding their internals, leading to their failure.

Technically speaking though, rust and corrosion won't matter too much if you don't mind your externals getting slightly weathered, most of the internal parts are made out of alloys so it shouldn't matter too much.

$600 for a Realsword is not bad at all considering Ehobby sells them for almost $500 USD, wouldn't pay the same price for an E&L though as they sell for significantly less overseas and aren't on the same level of quality.
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank