Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Canadian loadout *56K beware*

:

Canadian

Old August 19th, 2009, 07:35   #811
Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Skeletor- View Post
It seems you were right then... Must be somehting in the water over there that makes them want to wear all sorts of badges and berets
Old August 19th, 2009, 09:29   #812
CTAC

Quote:
So you think your a Patricia Sgt do yea?
I know the guy personally, putting a Sgt rank tab on is a big demotion for him. I believe he'd outrank most of the CF members present on this forum (but then the guys who're high up in signals probably wouldn't be posting their service records here). Also from what I've seen here most of the guys who are open about their CF/Navy roots are usually not active PPCLI/JTF members but rather are in a less intriguing trades/units; and almost all never saw combat, unlike some "eastern-european airsofters" who are in teams modeling foreign army units.

I understand what you're getting at with your background tho, but I'd be more pissed at the local players wearing PPCLI insignia to the games than overseas ones -- as the latter do not pretend to have ever been members of CF.
Old August 19th, 2009, 09:54   #813
Pretorian

Send a message via ICQ to Pretorian
Thanks CTAC

Thank you for your comments, but I'll disagree with some of your statements.

Regarding the field use, I'd totally agree with your if we were talking about CF contingent in A-stan, as I follow updates on combatcamera, threads on milnet.ca and in general have additional sources of information on kit used by CF in the field. I realize that some CF issue kit does not fit the modern requirements (4 mags in a modern issue vest is laughable in combat). As can be seen from my photos, not a single item is in Arid Cadpat and I'm not going after the impression of the A-stan located servicemen, but rather ones located in Canada.

Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know, while on training exercises in Canada CF members mostly use CF-issue kit, including Tac Vest, small pack and gloves. Also, what is drastically different among russian airsofters is that non-issue kit is frowned upon if you're modelling a certain unit.

I can link/post many photos of the CF soldiers in both Canada and A-stan wearing an empty bayonet sheath, rank tab on the tac vest, etc. I'm guessing different units might have different levels of regulation enforcement on that. Many (not just CF) soldiers are getting rid of all unnecessary load/kit/insignia in the field or when going into combat, but it's an airsoft and other issues matter here.

In addition, I do not wear the beret to the games, the photos you're referred to are of the Ukranian team and I live in Russia.

As far as PPCLI badge goes, I know that players from other countries wear insignia of many elite Russian special ops units (and Canada is not an exception in that). Trust me, members of those elite russian units are nothing more than ironic about it. After all it's an airsoft, take it easy.
Pretorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 23:17   #814
Bowers

Send a message via MSN to Bowers
question for some of the folks that are in the know figured this was the best place to get your attention

is there currently a possibility for deployments overseas other than Afghanistan? the DND website says that there is currently ops in Cyprus and Congo and a bunch of other places but it doesn't give detail as to who can go where

though actually i might have missed that my apologies if that happens to be the case

now that im finally eligble to apply (after a long and tedious clusterfuck of correspondence schools) im hoping to join one of the local reserve infantry units (if that helps any) in the new year and was curious if i will have a wide variety of options for deployment or if everything is focused on Afghanistan right now

just one of those late night questions that came outta nowhere

and sorry if my question is hard to understand im a little burnt out right now from a math exam

thank you to anyone that can help me.
Bowers
Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2009, 01:14   #815
pugs144

Sudan(?). Just going by what an Int O hinted at.
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2009, 18:52   #816
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to Yeoman
ha good luck getting those
unless you're a captain that knows how to put things in their mouth, you ain't getting tours like that
Yeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2009, 19:47   #817
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
ha good luck getting those
unless you're a captain that knows how to put things in their mouth, you ain't getting tours like that
Yeah, unless the operation is all over the news, you won't wrangle yourself the tour unless you've got a couple bars.

Btw yeoman, you here yet?
Old August 22nd, 2009, 22:53   #818
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

I'm just wondering if somebody CF/Ex-CF can resolve this for me.

In this picture that was posted earlier:

http://a_sti.users.photofile.ru/phot.../110357401.jpg

The rank embroidery is in gold thread, which concurs with what I see here: http://mpmuseum.org/securank2.html

Yet in all my time interacting with army personnel in CADPAT in LFCA, I have never seen gold embroidery. Just black on CADPAT slipons. Was it a trial thing? Was it phased out? Did it never exist, and the site is inaccurate?

Thanks.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2009, 11:43   #819
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Synergy View Post
I'm just wondering if somebody CF/Ex-CF can resolve this for me.

In this picture that was posted earlier:

http://a_sti.users.photofile.ru/phot.../110357401.jpg

The rank embroidery is in gold thread, which concurs with what I see here: http://mpmuseum.org/securank2.html

Yet in all my time interacting with army personnel in CADPAT in LFCA, I have never seen gold embroidery. Just black on CADPAT slipons. Was it a trial thing? Was it phased out? Did it never exist, and the site is inaccurate?

Thanks.
Eh? The rank slipon that Pretoria is wearing is olive drab on CADPAT, which is standard for all army pers. If you're seeing black on CADPAT you're just looking at navy pers.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 16:23   #820
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerch View Post
Eh? The rank slipon that Pretoria is wearing is olive drab on CADPAT, which is standard for all army pers. If you're seeing black on CADPAT you're just looking at navy pers.
My bad, my memory seems to be failing me on the black and olive. But his slipon just.. stands out more than I remember.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 09:50   #821
IndiaSixTwo

I think the reason it stands out so much is that it looks new. Once you wash the things they get faded pretty quick.
6 CBG (MB)
Winnipeg, Manitoba
IndiaSixTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 16:11   #822
Mordarski J.A.
formerly Blinky

With that, the Air Force and Navy opted to wear OD epaulets with service-specific thread - as one Air Force member stated to me, "we are not the army".

OD epaulets with black thread are for Navy personnel, while OD epaulets with blue thread are for Air Force personnel. It's also for that same reason that they wear OD nametapes with their service emblem (anchor for Navy, bird for Air Force) on the right while army personnel wear their crossed swords on the left.

Non Sibi Sed Omnibus

Age Verifier - Manitoba

Current Armoury:
WE C7A1 x2 - WE M14 DMR - WE L85A2
CA C8 - CA SLR105 - TM FAMAS

WE Browning Hi-Power - Tanaka Browning Hi-Power
WE M1911 - KWA SIG Sauer P226 - KSC SIG Sauer P229
Mordarski J.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 18:27   #823
Bowers

Quote:
Just a question but do you not want to goto Afghanistan?
must not have worded it properly its not a matter of not wanting to go to afghanistan i will go wherever i can i was just curious if there was a wide variety of different places i could go to at the moment

growing up in a small farm town that consists of one road and a gas station kinda makes ya wanna travel alot lol

cheers
bowers
Old September 1st, 2009, 01:13   #824
Bowers

alrighty well thanks for the feedback skeletor and everyone else too.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 12:37   #825
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
Here's a shot from a recent big game we had in winnipeg last weekend.

We were cadpat team. Tied for first place with tan team got a team shot after game,

I am really not likeing this tac vest, I have a drop leg rig with two double mag puches and a pistol holster, most of my gear is kept there.

Shawn
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian