Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

What will be the next big Airsoft innovation?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 16th, 2015, 17:15   #91
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Who's made a commercial brushless motor for airsoft guns? I know that you can do it for something like a P90 since it has the room for an ESC curcuit but if there's one for an M4 that's relatively easy to install I'd buy that right now.
I remember reading something about a brushless AEG motors sometime last year... I think its the novatech one, but I don't know if its commercially available or if it ended up as vaporware.
Old February 16th, 2015, 17:40   #92
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

novatech
http://www.airsoft2day.com/news/1297...ess-motor.html

designed in japan, for japanese players, not sure if it will produce the torque required for a 400fps limit without using triple torque gears.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2015, 00:26   #93
grantmac

I've often thought that a brushless outrunnner with the correct winding could completely replace the mechbox. Just mount the sector gear directly to it.
Probably need a hefty controller though.

-Grant
grantmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2015, 01:20   #94
DipTwit

Brushless motors in RC tend to be huge if you want them to have enough torque, instead of speed. I would presume you couldn't get around that in something that would fit *inside* a gearbox the way you're describing. You never know though, even if it reduced the need down to a single gear connection, it would still be better / quieter / less complex than what we have now.

Still, since our guns are already several pounds, we don't really need the electrical efficiency gains from going brushless the way RC aircraft do (they need smaller / lighter batteries). And as for reliability, as far as I know, lots and lots of other things typically break down in a gun long before the brushes wear out.
DipTwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2015, 08:09   #95
siggypoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipTwit View Post
Brushless motors in RC tend to be huge if you want them to have enough torque, instead of speed.
That's not been my experience. Sure, I notice you said "tend to". My limited experience has been that there seems to be a lot of smaller brushless RC motors that can do very well. I've bought a lot of GWS parts for my RC designs. They're cheap, but pretty decent quality, and customer service.
The hobby shop down the street has some different brands and sizes that I've wondered a few times might work.

Old February 17th, 2015, 10:56   #96
DipTwit

Hmmm well for low-speed you need a low KV rating, typically I see RC motors for planes stay about 1000KV unless you go into larger sizes, where you can find 200-500KV but I'm thinking even those turn pretty fast compared to your typical sector gear (and would require pretty high amps) but I admit have never tried mocking something up.

I totally agree though, would love to see one of those change-everything breakthroughs come about in the gearbox; right now we spend too much time fussing over the innards of an AEG. I went to PTWs because, although based on the same ideas, they're less hassle to work on. Maybe a low-KV motor on a single worm gear in the buffer tube kinda thing... I dunno.

We could probably do just as well if someone built an HPA tank the size and shape of a gun stock. HPA is pretty reliable with a good working regulator, I just don't like the tank and line being external.
Old February 17th, 2015, 17:35   #97
Azathoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Wonder how inefficient it would be to use a big ass solenoid to replace the piston body and gear train?
solenoid with a piston head.
No return spring on it for maximum speed in both directions.

Problem with the IR glow BBs isn't getting them to glow only in IR, it's the toxicity of the materials that do it.
We have effectively exported the pollution problem to another part of the world. Remember, The solution to pollution is dilution. Direct Quote from Alberta Agriculture research scientist as she was pouring a vial of lifecide down the sink.

Frank, everyone here is a PVS14 OMNI VII douche nugget anyways don't need a huge amount of material to make it glow. Could even be visible but so dim not visibile to eye.

The limiting factor to the solenoid idea in the past has been power. NICD, NIMH batteries don't cut it, its certainly possible now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2015, 17:53   #98
Danke

Who cares if tracer BBs are visible?

People freak out when one letter in microscopic text is reversed or something isn't just like the real gun.

Then they don't want muzzle signature, tracers leading back to where they're camping, or any noise out of their AEG.

If folks are that worried about return fire why not carry a riot shield? That's not lame.
Old February 17th, 2015, 17:58   #99
DipTwit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
they don't want muzzle signature, tracers leading back to where they're camping, or any noise out of their AEG.
^^^ This.

We used to play outside in the dark, and we had a rule that, in order to pull your trigger, your flashlight *had* to be on. People did it quick to avoid being seen, but you still made a fake 'muzzle flash' so the enemy stood a chance at firing back. It actually made the game better in my opinion..
Old February 17th, 2015, 18:21   #100
ThunderCactus

Even with lasers, or mounting a pvs-14 behind a scope, you're still can't see where your BBs are landing.
Everyone can see visible glow BBs and flashlights, and everyone else with NVD can see IR (only a problem in alberta and ontario it seems)
After having spent $3000+ on night vision specifically so you can operate stealthily in the dark, it's pretty counter-productive to now use readily visible ammo lol
Old February 17th, 2015, 18:31   #101
Danke

Why not just have everyone bring out their last bank statement and the guy with the most dough wins? Because that's what the logical conclusion to a "I spent 7K on this special thing" discussion will be.

If folks think riot shields are "lame", why not bring out your dad? Feed him steriods for a few weeks and if anyone shoots back just unleash him. Extra points if he screams "I'm a Medic".

Even if you're more Navy SEAL than Charlie Sheen when you shoot at someone with a weapon suppressed or not there is a signature.

Or ,maybe freeze tag if you're not willing to trade BBs.
Old February 17th, 2015, 20:35   #102
ThunderCactus

Its the guys with all the toys fighting the other rich kids with all the toys. This isnt like having gen3 nvd and a ptw in manitoba lol
Everyone else is rich so you gotta spend the money to keep up and share in that experience
Old February 17th, 2015, 20:53   #103
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

I dunno. One time I played a night game on a team with no NVGs when the other team had them.
We shut the fuck up, didn't use lights (unless pushing bush), layed the fuck down, and stayed the fuck still. We did pretty good.

I always pictured myself doing a roughly 4:1 mix of regular bbs to illuminated if I got a tracer unit, just so it would look kind of like tracers, and thereby cool.
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2015, 21:02   #104
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Its the guys with all the toys fighting the other rich kids with all the toys. This isnt like having gen3 nvd and a ptw in manitoba lol
Everyone else is rich so you gotta spend the money to keep up and share in that experience
Well if they're all NVG'd up then they'll see them too. Right? Am I right?

With regular tracer if you go into a lit area or get washed with white light and flip up the goggles then you're still good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffradical View Post
I always pictured myself doing a roughly 4:1 mix of regular bbs to illuminated if I got a tracer unit, just so it would look kind of like tracers, and thereby cool.
That's the way. Assembly line load the mags. If they're AEG that don't feed the last then just put in 4 white. Then 3 green, then white white white orange till half full and then another green or two then white white orange again etc. till then end.

KWA MP7 with a tracer unit at night is a lot of fun.
Old February 17th, 2015, 21:32   #105
ThunderCactus

Because tracers instead of lasers lol
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion