Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Most reliable Gbbr

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 4th, 2012, 22:59   #91
unknownvariable

Fox62 also said the same thing. Are you still running your gun stock? How many rounds through it?

(thnx btw)
unknownvariable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 01:57   #92
Viperfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownvariable View Post
Fox62 also said the same thing. Are you still running your gun stock? How many rounds through it?

(thnx btw)
idk about boyso but mine isnt stock and iv also got thousands of rounds through my gbbr, never had any issues with duster or propane.

WOLFPACK WP-32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBR View Post
If you ever go to a milsim and hear a vuvuzela, you are fucked.
Viperfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 12:07   #93
dmr

kjw 10/22 is invincible. Can not break. At all.
dmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 12:07   #94
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

Send a message via MSN to Boyso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperfish View Post
idk about boyso but mine isnt stock and iv also got thousands of rounds through my gbbr, never had any issues with duster or propane.
100% stock and on Propane.

I'm the second user so idk about the number of rounds but I've fired at least 500 bbs with absolutely no oil in the mags and I haven't had any leaks. And my hop up works like a charm and its stock too.

I've had parts break, but not because of the oil, just because of the awesome recoil

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Last edited by Boyso; July 5th, 2012 at 12:10..
Boyso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 12:22   #95
Viperfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyso View Post
100% stock and on Propane.

I'm the second user so idk about the number of rounds but I've fired at least 500 bbs with absolutely no oil in the mags and I haven't had any leaks. And my hop up works like a charm and its stock too.

I've had parts break, but not because of the oil, just because of the awesome recoil

same here with mine, never had problems with leaky mags (they either blow a seal or they dont, no in between). only parts that broke on mine were just due to normal use.

Hell i dont even give the action much oil either, i have found, just like on a real firearm, that to much oil/ grase will gum up the action and it wont fire as smooth. i just oil the "gas effected parts" on mine ie. orings and seals.

WOLFPACK WP-32
Quote:
Old July 5th, 2012, 14:03   #96
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

Send a message via MSN to Boyso
I did on the standard M4 mags have leaks, but really, on the v2 mags, no problem. Haven't opened them up either.

I found that while the M4 I had before didn't really need much lubrification, the M14 needs more on the action. But the only place I put oil on the internals is on the nozzle oring, and maybe a quick spray on your trigger components to waterproof them, and that's about it.

Over-greasing just makes a mess, and it really gets everywhere, especially where it shouldn't be.

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Boyso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 17:43   #97
koxdipy

What about the kwa m4 gbbr?

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...ducts_id=10538
koxdipy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 20:09   #98
MultipleParadox

Just got one (magpul edition, asian. the US version has been improved apparently, is more recent), will try it tomorrow for "real" - cant game it yet, not enough mags but will give it a spin on the field

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 21:53   #99
Fuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmr View Post
kjw 10/22 is invincible. Can not break. At all.
Agreed. Have had zero issues with my KC02. It's probably due in part to the nozzle being much smaller with less travel than AR nozzles, for example, the WE's. The cup at the front of the AR nozzle does help things either when a bb misfeeds and gets chopped by the cup which if done enough times, cracks the nozzle. Oh well... it's the price I pay for awesome recoil.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 22:20   #100
Viperfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Agreed. Have had zero issues with my KC02. It's probably due in part to the nozzle being much smaller with less travel than AR nozzles, for example, the WE's. The cup at the front of the AR nozzle does help things either when a bb misfeeds and gets chopped by the cup which if done enough times, cracks the nozzle. Oh well... it's the price I pay for awesome recoil.
only thing iv broken on mine was the bolt. dropped in an ratech one and all is perfect.

WOLFPACK WP-32
Quote:
Old July 7th, 2012, 17:19   #101
w1lp33

Quote:
Originally Posted by koxdipy View Post

I have one, and I really like it. I'm no expert on GBBR's, but so far this one has been reliable and tonnes of fun to shoot. Only issue I have with it is I find the hopup kind of shitty. Like it tends to migrate after you do a bunch of shooting, so I keep having to adjust it.

KWA switched away from their ball bearing hop up design to a metal arm, and I'm not a fan. I'm in the process of trying to switch to the KSC (asia m4) 'ball bearing' hopup chamber, so hopefully that will be more consistent.

Otherwise tho, great gun, with excellent gas efficiency (especially compared to my old WE G39). Time will tell how it will hold up, but it's been gamed a few times, including at OP Blacksheep, and so far it's running strong.
w1lp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 00:26   #102
mr_nuts31

OK, I go through 7 pages and no mention of the WE AK74UN? Wow man, I'm amazed. I have one and after 4000-5000 rounds and no problems at all. The only part I ever replaced was the trigger but once the RA tech parts are installed, you don't need anything else to replace.
mr_nuts31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 01:00   #103
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1lp33 View Post
I have one, and I really like it. I'm no expert on GBBR's, but so far this one has been reliable and tonnes of fun to shoot. Only issue I have with it is I find the hopup kind of shitty. Like it tends to migrate after you do a bunch of shooting, so I keep having to adjust it.

KWA switched away from their ball bearing hop up design to a metal arm, and I'm not a fan. I'm in the process of trying to switch to the KSC (asia m4) 'ball bearing' hopup chamber, so hopefully that will be more consistent.

Otherwise tho, great gun, with excellent gas efficiency (especially compared to my old WE G39). Time will tell how it will hold up, but it's been gamed a few times, including at OP Blacksheep, and so far it's running strong.
Same here, it looks like you need
Guarder Steel hopup dial (an upgrade anyways)
A KSC M4 type tightbore
and specialized bucking (RA-Tech, Falcon, Guarder, and A++ Studio makes them)
Old July 11th, 2012, 02:38   #104
Shrapnel[Op-For]

PDW has impressed me so far, nice build quality for the price and shoots like a laser. I also ordered 9 open bolt mags, non of them leaky, guess I'm lucky.

I was wondering how long you're supposed to be charging the ob m4 mags with propane for?

Last edited by Shrapnel[Op-For]; July 11th, 2012 at 02:52..
Shrapnel[Op-For] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2012, 06:44   #105
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrapnel[Op-For] View Post

I was wondering how long you're supposed to be charging the ob m4 mags with propane for?
exactly like the closed bolt mags. Until they are full.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion