Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Finally got my first gun - G&G TR4-18 (416)

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old November 26th, 2013, 22:53   #1
dreamkiller

Finally got my first gun - G&G TR4-18 (416)

I just received my first airsoft rifle today pretty excited. I decided to go for a G&G top tech product. I'm really liking the 416 and been shooting in my garage. The only complain is that the battery stock doesn't seem to be able to retrack properly when the battery is installed. Maybe it's a just noob mistake. otherwise it's been a blast, loving the EBB.

Any upgrades recommendations would be welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hk416.jpg (164.2 KB, 73 views)
dreamkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 18:23   #2
jimmtbean

Thats your first rifle???!!? my first was a straight up cansoft G&G M16, but i recommend you stay stock until you figure out what your play style is.
jimmtbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 18:34   #3
FirestormX

That's a nice setup, especially for a first rifle!

Not sure about the exact G&G buffer tube, but usually the stock should be able to move in and out fully, regardless of if there's a battery inside. Show it to someone when you game it, and they should be able to help you out. Most people are friendly, and eager to help.
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 19:38   #4
Wilkie

There's a bit of a trick to putting the battery in just so, so it will be able to slide in all the way. Unfortunately I lack the linguistic skills to explain it over keyboard. Just make sure the wires are as far into the buffertube as possible and make sure none of them can snag when you collapse it. I actually got a new battery, which might have had longer wires, which would allow the stock to collapse better, but I'm not sure if that was the sole reason it works now.

That's an excellent gun there, especially for a first gun. My first real gun (after clear soft) was a G&G Top teck TR4, probably roughly the same.
Wilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 23:05   #5
thebreadbandit.

Now all you have to do is sleep with it beside you at night, kiss it good morning, walk around with it in your house all day & name her.
thebreadbandit. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 23:27   #6
Bowers

Send a message via MSN to Bowers
Why two dot sights out of curiosity?
Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 23:35   #7
redzaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowers View Post
Why two dot sights out of curiosity?
i see one, an Eotech and magnifier
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2013, 14:52   #8
dreamkiller

I found a video on youtube to explain the batttery installation on crane stock, seems like i did make a noob error, but that's ok it's how i learn lol.

Anyhow, another thing i'm not liking is the high cap mag, it makes a lot of sound (a generic problem with high caps), and it mis-feeds sometimes. I'll be ordering some King Arm 130rd metal mags. Hopefully they won't have those problems, but if anybody know let me know.

My 3x magnifier doesn't seem to align what my Eotech very well, it's also very heavy, maybe i should invest in 4x ACOG with a 1x reddot setup.

Overall still having lot of fun. I play paintball, so i know how important to get the right gears, that's why i bought a top tech to start with. Can't wait to get on the field and do some playing.

Now i need another indoor low FPS gun, probably going to get a KA m4a1 full metal...
Old November 28th, 2013, 15:09   #9
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Congrats on the new gun!
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2013, 15:32   #10
Chotto

Send a message via MSN to Chotto
Get an ACOG with a red dot works well and seem to be getting lower in price.
dump the PEQ box as well if you want to lighten the load. be lighter to just get a flashlight since most places won't let you use the laser anyway
Chotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2013, 15:48   #11
Hughes
BurningBeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebreadbandit. View Post
Now all you have to do is sleep with it beside you at night, kiss it good morning, walk around with it in your house all day & name her.
I bring mine along to watch tv sometimes. I knew I wasn't the only one doing these things!
Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2013, 15:56   #12
FirestormX

Some people dress up as soldiers and prance around with toy guns in the privacy of their own house, and that's perfectly acceptable around here.
I don't see why I should be treated any differently when I dress up in a skirt and bra, and prance around with a fairy wand.

In seriousness, though, you should spend 15 minutes every evening, running around your house with your gun.
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2013, 16:40   #13
dreamkiller

Oh my 416 is sleeping with my Tippmann Phenom rifles in my room, interracial sh*t
Old November 28th, 2013, 16:50   #14
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamkiller View Post
I found a video on youtube to explain the batttery installation on crane stock, seems like i did make a noob error, but that's ok it's how i learn lol.

Anyhow, another thing i'm not liking is the high cap mag, it makes a lot of sound (a generic problem with high caps), and it mis-feeds sometimes. I'll be ordering some King Arm 130rd metal mags. Hopefully they won't have those problems, but if anybody know let me know.

My 3x magnifier doesn't seem to align what my Eotech very well, it's also very heavy, maybe i should invest in 4x ACOG with a 1x reddot setup.

Overall still having lot of fun. I play paintball, so i know how important to get the right gears, that's why i bought a top tech to start with. Can't wait to get on the field and do some playing.

Now i need another indoor low FPS gun, probably going to get a KA m4a1 full metal...
You have an "aimpoint" magnifier. You would need a riser kit to align everything properly, or a lower flip2side mount for EOTech.

http://airsoftdepot.ca/catalog/produ...products_id=28
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2013, 16:53   #15
dreamkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
You have an "aimpoint" magnifier. You would need a riser kit to align everything properly, or a lower flip2side mount for EOTech.

http://airsoftdepot.ca/catalog/produ...products_id=28
oh that's awesome, thanks!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion