Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

My TorontoAirsoft.com review

:

Reviews

Old November 29th, 2014, 14:01   #106
Colin_S

Send a message via MSN to Colin_S Send a message via Skype™ to Colin_S
Hmm I don't check their online store much but they had a fully stocked retail location (guns, gear and accessories). Frankly it's not stuff I would buy for myself as I like mainly real components but for novice airsofters it should be enough.

I like Mach 1 as well however this is TAs thread so I will refrain from commenting about them myself.

For their target audience I think TA offers a fair number of products but it's not for everyone.

I can see how their timings can be difficult doesn't bother me much but I can see how it could be difficult for others.

I have no association with TorontoAirsoft.

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia
Blog: http://www.colinsun.com
G-45

Last edited by Colin_S; November 29th, 2014 at 14:03..
Colin_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2014, 14:21   #107
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

the ticket system is terrible. They should have 1 guy dedicated to everything not gun related, and if there`s nobody needing gear or parts, he can take a gun customer or whatever, but I waited an hour just to get 2 pouches that had to be retrieved from the back room. There`s not a whole lot of stuff to peruse while on the floor either and you can`t look at or handle anything gun related until your number comes up.

Granted, almost everyone that was there while I was there wanted to look at guns, but there're other customers too.
Old December 1st, 2014, 11:38   #108
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Gun doctor is cool there.

Only Grip is that their return policy is silly. Can't even return an item 1 minute after to get cash back, must be "in-store" credit only.

That and their ticketing and wait list is far to long for me to stand around and do nothing.

I shop else where, TA is my last resort.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2014, 11:46   #109
Sequential

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post

I shop else where, TA is my last resort.
+1
Old December 1st, 2014, 15:43   #110
Swattiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
the ticket system is terrible. They should have 1 guy dedicated to everything not gun related, and if there`s nobody needing gear or parts, he can take a gun customer or whatever, but I waited an hour just to get 2 pouches that had to be retrieved from the back room. There`s not a whole lot of stuff to peruse while on the floor either and you can`t look at or handle anything gun related until your number comes up.

Granted, almost everyone that was there while I was there wanted to look at guns, but there're other customers too.
+1. I went there 3 times for just a bottle of Elite BBs. The first 2 times were full of customers and I waited for more than 20 minutes with a ticket, and finally gave up.

The last time I went straight to the lady at the cashier and got it in 5 minutes.
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2014, 15:57   #111
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

yeah I tried going to the counter, they told me to get a ticket.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 13:28   #112
ardo

My 'brick & mortar' airsoft shopping experience is limited. I went to TA twice: first time was to get my KP-05 which I love BTW. I didn't have to wait at all, and Brian even let me fit the gun in my RS holster (a hard Bladetech DOH), and to try it out at their range. He also agreed to keep the green gas mag & to give me a 2nd CO2 mag once the have them in stock. Overall, a great experience.

That was in June, and I thought that TA had forgotten about my mag. Lo and behold, Brian called last month to tell me they finally got the CO2 mags in stock again, so I could come and pick it up, which I did. I didn't have to wait or get a number this time either, was in and out in under 10 minutes.
ardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2014, 16:19   #113
Vivek92

TA is good ONLY if you are 1) Visiting their store and 2) Are armed with a list of EXACTLY what you want. Get in get out.
Vivek92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2014, 15:26   #114
whisp

My experience last year with Toronto Airsoft was horrible. I ordered some parts in which they convinced me that the mosfet was a clone of the avocado in which it was not and just some cheap knock off, the folding (A) frame sight I bought broke within minutes of use and I am not exaggerating.

At that time I even made videos showing the issue with the mosfet and me fixing the sight!

Mosfet vid
http://youtu.be/JM8jvXLO3SE

Folding arms sight
http://youtu.be/01dfhsIkPCk

Now trying to deal with them was a nightmare, they had no phone number at the time and to this day they still owe me a few dollars but I just gave up with them. I returned the mosfet in which I asked for a certain bi pod as replacement and they didn't even send me the bi pod I requested but some cheap knock off. It was such a cheap knock off I kept the box because it was just too funny and my friends and myself got a kick out of the fact that these guys that made the item couldn't even afford a spell checker lol.

I will never do business again with Toronto airsoft and have told many people to stay away.

Picture of box for fun!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rambobox.jpg (41.7 KB, 34 views)
whisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2014, 22:40   #115
SuperHog

Their ticket process is stupid. Reminds me of the passport office, you get a ticket and stare at the ticket counter for hours.

While the guy at the counter was busy showing several guns to a tire-kicker that had a ticket, I was ready to buy a gun but didn't have a ticket to receive customer service...so I left and bought it from Mach1.

Toronto Airsoft, get rid of that stupid system. You are actually helping boost sales to your competitors.

Last edited by SuperHog; December 28th, 2014 at 10:40..
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2014, 10:39   #116
SuperHog

TA new store hours??.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TA closed closed closed.jpg (600.6 KB, 62 views)
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 20:46   #117
BobbyDangerous

i've never had a problem there. always cool. first purchases were at velocity arms
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 21:27   #118
SDrodge

The ticket idea is based on Evike's store in California. It worked well for me when I was there, but I was the only customer there.
SDrodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2015, 10:10   #119
_Whiskey_

I've had better luck and service from other retailers
_Whiskey_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2015, 11:03   #120
Reddwulf

Hey all, saw the thread and while discussion is puttering out, thought I would add my two-cents to this.

First, a preface - my squad is based out of London, so for us to visit TA involves a full afternoon (2 hours each way + traffic + browsing time) and we usually go up together once we have sufficient needs to warrant a trip.

Service on our first trip or two was pretty solid. Questions were asked, answers received, we didn't wait long and we got what we wanted. Lock stock and barrel.

About fall of last year, we noticed a change though. Around then we made an order from TA since we couldn't find time to run up. Parts mostly, some externals, nothing major. Half of it did not arrive. I asked about it upon our next trip up (December) and was told "Oh, it was out of stock at the time, it will be shipped to you when we get it in". It's almost April now. Still never received it or a refund. Further, I know it was in stock because TA's Website is their inventory system.

Also on our Dec trip, our gun tech picked up some various parts after being talked into them for 15 mins from a sales associate. 90% of them broke within the first month.

For me personally though, the big straw was right after Christmas when I bought an M60E4 from them. I ordered it online, but a little voice in my head told me that I should make a run up for it. Boy am I glad I did. Arrived and asked for my order, and was presented with a box that looks like it had just come back from Kosovo. Holes, dents, 20 feet solid of packing tape holding the box together. Okay, maybe it's just the box. We open it up, and the gun is literally a disaster. Receiver is stripped, flash hider is cracked inward, charging handle missing, slide missing, it's not pretty. They were going to ship this to me. I quickly expressed my concern about the gun and it's condition and was told it was the last one in stock. I argued about price, indicating that the gun was clearly damaged and was told "Oh it's perfectly fine. You're planning on taking the flash hider off anyways right?" Irrelevant. Finally after almost 30 minutes of arguing and indicating several times that I was after a refund, the girl went in the back and magically found another one. This one luckily had not been hit by a parade of T90s and was in mint condition. But my trust had been rattled. I asked if I could fire the gun before I took it home, they agreed, and presented an 11.1 lipo for the gun. I explained in great detail that because the gun's box mag is wired to the gun, that 11.1 lipos are very harmful to the gun's functionality and that I had requested in my order that a 9.6 be available to test the gun. After them spending another 15 minutes trying to tell me I was wrong (Despite me indicating otherwise directly on the manufacturers website as well as in the manual) they finally caved and told me they do not have any 9.6 batteries available. Luckily I had one in my truck still and was able to get it and test fire it. The gun was fine and I took it home, but my trust was gone.

I still shop at TA, but from my experience:
A) I don't trust them
B) I know they push for a sale over a customer's needs and
C) I'll always pick up every item in person so I don't get screwed.

I really hope TA reads these comments, because you guys have great potential, and you were there before, but something changed, and you guys need to steer it back. Make it so I don't regret driving two hours to see you guys.
Reddwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews