Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Need suggestions for an AEP/electric gun with a small mechanism.

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 14th, 2019, 08:10   #1
XOIIO

Need suggestions for an AEP/electric gun with a small mechanism.

Hey all, so I've gotten it into my head to try and make a deadshot styled wrist mounted pistol, I figure it would make a somewhat neat last resort type weapon for when you're run out of options.

It will pretty much have to be electric, gas blowback just isn't going to work, however I've never dealt with electric guns before, so I could use some help.

I'm hoping to find something that has a relatively compact gearbox assembly, can fire .2 or .25 at a decent speed, and perhaps something that would be easy to modify the bb feed path of, as they might have to make a 90 degree bend out of the magazine when it's in it's final form.

Since I have a 3d printer I might try and make it actually look like deadshot's wrist mounted gun however I feel like I might be able to make it more compact. This does also mean I can probably make some sort of integrated magazine, or something like that, I'm hoping to have at least 50 shots in the thing.

I don't know how aeps work, but I'd imagine some super cheap guns actually have the gearbox held together by the gun body, and this is something I'd like to avoid.

Of course, also looking for something easy to get here in Canada, and with a somewhat reliable mechanism, I'm assuming there are some that are known to break pretty fast. Not looking for something crazy expensive either though.
XOIIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 09:50   #2
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

https://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/i...ducts_id=23330

Cyma AEP gearboxes are fairly common and cheap. The one linked is for the USP, but for your usage it probably doesn't matter. You would likely need to design and print a new cylinder head (the white thing at the top of the gearbox) and you would need some mechanism or a microswitch and a computerised mosfet to get the tappet plate movement for semi auto and possibly monitor cycles. These gearboxes are usualy held by pins, but you can design and 3d print an appropriate enclosure and skip the pins. These gearboxes cylinder have enough air volume for up to 250mm barrels with lightweight ammo such as 0.20g, but the heavier you go, the more air loss you will get, so a standards AEP length barrel (about 140mm) is probably a better choice. Depending on the quality of your air seal and the length of the barrel expect anywhere between 190fps to 250 fps with 0.20g BBs.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion