Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Toronto Tactical Airsoft Close Combat College (TTAC3)

:

General

Old July 3rd, 2013, 00:56   #61
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moss View Post
How so?

Lots of guys who buy a gun and never tune it?

I would think those would be newer folks, and newer folks probably do not have any protective gear.

But perhaps you can explain the crowd which uses this facility, the idea sounds great to me but the stock rule means I would never play there.
This is not HK where 400+ is the norm, in fact the guys that attend TTAC has probably a whole lot more experience in shooting than most seasoned players here, Don't knock it before you try it. I would shoot with anyone of the TTAC guys than anyone including my guys from HK we move around a whole lot more than you guys, You guys may have higher powered guns but its the shooter not the gun, it's only a tool.
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2013, 01:20   #62
Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
This is not HK where 400+ is the norm, in fact the guys that attend TTAC has probably a whole lot more experience in shooting than most seasoned players here, Don't knock it before you try it. I would shoot with anyone of the TTAC guys than anyone including my guys from HK we move around a whole lot more than you guys, You guys may have higher powered guns but its the shooter not the gun, it's only a tool.
Yeah I do not think the power is much of an issue to me, it is just the rule about stock guns. All of my guns are modified immediately, whether it is a spring upgrade/downgrade, shimming or something bigger like a motor or gear change.

Personally i prefer the sweet spot of around 375-390 FPS, so 1.45 joules or thereabout. I could go a bit lower and not mind, or a bit higher. I get hit constantly by guns running at or just above the limit at extremely close ranges(5-10 feet) and haven't gotten any kind of bad injury. I do not run in anything but a combat shirt and belt rig, and we typically play with females(several) who haven't ever complained about injury, just as a bit of anecdotal info.

I would love to go to a place like this and would be more than happy to pay the fees associated as it seems it would be well run, just seems really bizarre to not allow modified guns provided they are shooting the established limit.

There is a HUGE difference between a well tuned gun running 350 fps, and a stock gun running 350 fps. Trigger response, rps, acoustic resonance, reliability are some of the first things which come to mind.
Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2013, 01:21   #63
talon

Yeh, all you need is a gun that's got good trigger response and is sighted in accurately. Those are the most important two aspects for guns at TTAC. There are nights where you're encouraged to wear civvie clothes, and you'll often see guys running around in t-shirts, despite being adults who own protective gear. It's not always about looking like kitted-out CAG dudes there, sometimes it's more about the training aspect to it.

You'll get contact shots, and 5-10 feet is typical, if not a bit on the far side for some layouts for engagement distance.

Quote:
There is a HUGE difference between a well tuned gun running 350 fps, and a stock gun running 350 fps. Trigger response, rps, acoustic resonance, reliability are some of the first things which come to mind.
That's got nothing to do with how hot it shoots. In all honesty, I want to pick up a stock TM gun just for TTAC, I miss the mp5 that I had. Honestly, it was more accurate, had an incredible ROF on semi, and never broke once while using it. It was a fucking laserbeam.

Just come out and try it, bring a pistol, that's all you really need there.

Last edited by talon; July 3rd, 2013 at 01:26..
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2013, 02:20   #64
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

An airsoft gun is only part of the equation, the user, his targets and venue variables make up the rest.

I find my stock KJ M9 runs as reliably as my heavily upgraded hi capa in certain scenarios.

That being said I can bag twice as many kills with cold steel trainer knife as I could with a BB in certain scenarios. Fancy upgraded guns are great; however only just a part of equation. If a user is competent and understands their playing venue and knows the limitations of their existing airsoft gun then they can perform accordingly to the situation. Not to downplay the notion of upgrades; I'm just stating that they are not always required.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2013, 14:50   #65
TANNER
ChrisUK

Interesting. I have found that most stock guns come shooting well over 350 these days, A few recent purchases even came in at 450. Does TTAC chrono the stock guns that are brought by players?

Most of the upgrades I do out of the box to an AEG are aimed at getting it as close to a stock PTW at a highly reduced cost, rather than upgrading the FPS. For an indoor gun all these upgrades center around trigger response and in most cases downgrading the FPS below 350.

I personally enjoy working on airsoft guns as much as I do playing with them, but this however does not leave me with many stock guns (I think the extent of my stock gun collection is a TM Glock with a broken slide and nozzle which I am using for the odd part).

However I am really interested in coming to experience TTAC sometime soon, hopefully with some other F242 guys. Perhaps ill see about getting my hands on something stock.

Last edited by TANNER; July 25th, 2013 at 14:55..
TANNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2013, 14:59   #66
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANNER View Post
Interesting. I have found that most stock guns come shooting well over 350 these days, A few recent purchases even came in at 450. Does TTAC chrono the stock guns that are brought by players?

Most of the upgrades I do out of the box to an AEG are aimed at getting it as close to a stock PTW at a highly reduced cost, rather than upgrading the FPS. For an indoor gun all these upgrades center around trigger response and in most cases downgrading the FPS below 350.

I personally enjoy working on airsoft guns as much as I do playing with them, but this however does not leave me with many stock guns (I think the extent of my stock gun collection is a TM Glock with a broken slide and nozzle which I am using for the odd part).

However I am really interested in coming to experience TTAC sometime soon, hopefully with some other F242 guys. Perhaps ill see about getting my hands on something stock.
New players are chronied. Chrony is not required. If your gun is found to be shooting over 350, it will be forfeit, or you will be asked to leave and not return. If you don't know what your gun is shooting, ask to chrony, we are more than happy to oblige.

Stock guns are not required. There are a lot - a lot - of tricked out guns at TTAC3. The only requirement is sub 350fps with 0.20g BB's, semi only fire, for safety. 350fps hurts at point blank with no minimum engagement distance. Higher than that and we see a lot more blood than usual. There is still blood at 350.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General