Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KJW M1911 MEU (Cansoft) Review

:

Reviews

Old October 24th, 2009, 01:08   #1
MR. Spec Ops

KJW M1911 MEU (Cansoft) Review

After walking over treacherous mountains and swimming through many seas, I have finally come to own my KJW 1911.

Ok, minus the BS, I ordered the gun from buyairsoft on Monday using paypal, and tracked the order via canadapost. By Thursday the same week, the pistol was in town, and the day after that was picked up by me at the post office. I'll save you the details of my post-office experience, it wasn't pretty.

The case came with some bb's, the gun, a pretty KJW catalog, and an instruction manual chalk-full of grammatical and spelling errors undoubtedly conceived during the translation process.

On to the gun, because that's what you all came for.

I am going to start off by mentioning the weight of this gun; it is hefty. I have held a 1911 before, and this air-soft gun is VERY comparable in weight and feel. The rubber grips look gorgeous and feel even better.

In terms of metal, this gun delivers (for a cansoft). The slide is metal, and good metal at that. The inner/outer barrel is metal, as well as the tactical hammer. The slide stop and the trigger are metal as well, and you can add the safety switch to that too.

The tactical hammer has to be pulled back in order to turn on the safety or pull the trigger. This seems to be a good safety feature, as you cannot fire the gun without actually cocking it beforehand. Another safety feature found on virtually all 1911's is the grip safety that prevents spontaneous firing if it's not in somebody's hand.

The sights are a pleasure to look at. They seem to be made out of metal as well, and the spacing between the front and rear sights is just right. As you can see, there are the obvious 3 dots which aid in aiming and are easy to see in low-light. (not sure about glow in the dark)

If i haven't mentioned this yet, I have just received this gun, and haven't had a chance to shoot anything yet. Also, the problem of me not having any green gas at the moment added to the lack of review, but tomorrow it should see some targets.

The clear plastic is tinted and is not as bad as I envisioned it to be. However, I will paint it the first chance I get. Also, I would have enjoyed it if the barrel was a shiny silver as opposed to black, for it adds a more contrasted appearance to the gun.

Anyways, this gun is rock solid and the metal slide is a fun pastime to play with. After everything was accounted for, i paid $269 for this gun. I shipped to me across Canada seeing as i live in Vancouver, and it was very quick. I heard that Buyairsoft.ca has a rather bad rep, but I can't say so myself judging from my business with them. Apart from what I went through with Canada Post, it was a good experience, so thumbs up Buyairsoft.:mrgreen:

Here are some more pictures:

In conclusion, this is a very stable gun bearing everything a 1911 should have minus the trades. This gun is very well weighted and feels right in the hand, along with being easy to aim. I Haven't taken this bad boy apart yet, but will edit as soon as I do. So far, it seems to have metal guts. I am also considering painting the magazine because I am not currently favoring the silver finish. But hey, that's just me.

Great buy, but a tad expensive (What can you do, you're in Canada). Anybody looking for a durable and life-like sidearm should give it a go.

BTW this is the first review I've ever done, so don't be too critical.

[EDIT] Target test:

I just did a target test, and i did it in my living room because it is raining outside. From 15 ft away, this gun shoots fairly well. It shot well when fired quickly and produced decent groupings. The groupings near the middle were from taking more time in aiming, so the gun is fairly accurate. However, some shots did end up where they were not supposed to go, but that's okay.

In terms of feel and performance, this gun was on the ball. I did have some problems with gas, though. Thus gun eats it like a hummer! But if you consider the diminutive magazine size, it isn't so bad; just fill up on gas ever mag. Also, the cool-down effect was heavily felt after the second mag, and gas spewed in my face every time I fired afterwords.

All in all, the kickback was crisp and solid, and the sights are easy to use. One problem I had was with the slide: It didn't stop when i needed to, and stopped when there are some rounds still in the mag. This may have been a gas/cool-down issue though, I'll have to double check later.

Anyways, that's it for now. I'll take it apart later and post some pics of the hop-up and internals.

Last edited by MR. Spec Ops; October 27th, 2009 at 21:29..
MR. Spec Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 01:41   #2
NoGear
likes being humiliated

good review but iam almost 100% sure you could of got the same gun for about 50-70$ cheaper
NoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 01:45   #3
MR. Spec Ops

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGear View Post
good review but iam almost 100% sure you could of got the same gun for about 50-70$ cheaper
That wouldn't make a large difference, 270 isn't a very large sum either.
Old October 24th, 2009, 05:38   #4
Alpha_Niner

So this is the KP07? and the frame is plastic? lol sorry for the newbie questions :mrgreen:
Alpha_Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 08:08   #5
Saberwing

Good review, mine is still currently in Transit VIA CP...
Old October 24th, 2009, 10:06   #6
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

Good review, looking forward to the firing report.

MoreToasties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 12:03   #7
GSK88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Niner View Post
So this is the KP07? and the frame is plastic? lol sorry for the newbie questions :mrgreen:
Dude you can fully see THROUGH the frame in those pics he posted...
Old October 24th, 2009, 12:05   #8
Amos

About the slide... How do you determine that it "is good metal"

Because... from ALL my past experiences with KJ products... The slide is not made out of any sort of metal that you could put one name on..
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 12:17   #9
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSK88 View Post
Dude you can fully see THROUGH the frame in those pics he posted...
Oh come on, you've never heard of a gun with a see-through metal frame?

Get with the times, man.

MoreToasties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 13:31   #10
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
I notice your IP originates from Indonesia so you may not be familiar with how airsoft is in Canada. Due to the extremely difficult import laws that we have in our country it is difficult to acquire any airsoft guns that do not have any a clear frame or receiver.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 15:38   #11
MR. Spec Ops

Quote:
yes, and yes.
Old October 26th, 2009, 20:12   #12
knightoice

Love 1911s, looking forward to how it fares firing at a range, Thanks for the review!
knightoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 09:29   #13
Saberwing

Taken it out for some shooting yet? Mine is on truck for delivery.
Old October 27th, 2009, 21:28   #14
MR. Spec Ops

Ok, firing test results posted.
Old October 28th, 2009, 18:15   #15
fleuryfighter

Send a message via MSN to fleuryfighter
Would the KJW KP06 or KP05 mags fit in this model(KP07)??

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews