Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Do you have china made guns?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old November 24th, 2006, 07:22   #1
mang_badong

Exclamation Do you have china made guns?

Hi,

Do you have or own china made guns like Well R6, Cyma MP5-J, DE M50, etc?
mang_badong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2006, 08:38   #2
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
I have the UTG MP5, it was ok but the lack of Trademarks and poor fire selector are turn offs. My front RIS for my TM M4 came from a WELL M4 that I butchered along with the verticle grip.

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
yanhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2006, 09:23   #3
Tankdude

The Well R6 is a great gun. There is a fellow here who got it from the states. It has held its own for several games now and shoots great. It shoots as well as my ICS, which kinda pisses me off.

I am going to open it up sometime this weekend and see whats inside, but from what I can see it has a plastic mechbox. Selector switch is weak and there is too much resistence in semi mode to really fire well in semi, but auto works great. And the hicap it comes with works great as well.
Tankdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2006, 10:53   #4
thephenom

UTG MP5 here, it's pretty weak, but it's only my loaner gun for cheap friends who doesn't want to buy their own guns.
thephenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2006, 11:25   #5
mang_badong

I see. I just brought a china gun. A Well R6. I tried to modify it and I've been addicted. I fixed all possible air leaks by applying some teflon tape. Changed the barrel to a 510mm 6.03ID tightbarrel, changed the cylinder to type 0, changed the plastic bushings to metal bushings, re-shimmed then installed a SP120 spring. Tested on a poor man's chrono using .2 BB, it made a hole at bottom central then dimpled on the other side (top).

I'm planning to change gears and the piston body soon so that I can install a SP130. Now my china gun shoots just like my CA M15A4 Carbine. The only thing I didn't like about the china gun is poor quality plastic material, no real gun logo and the barrel is not one piece.

Anyway, I want to buy the china M14. I've seen it and it really looks like the marui. it also has metal parts. I'll modify it also once I've brought it.
mang_badong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2006, 01:18   #6
firemachine69

Hmm. Sorta reminds me of my next project: adding a turbo onto my 4-door sunfire. Stupid, nearly pointless... But a definite cool factor.
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2006, 01:45   #7
Droc
firemachine, damm, I thought you were dead
Old November 26th, 2006, 09:51   #8
Greylocks

In general, most people here have a very low opinion of Cyma and other guns from China.
They tend to be extremely low quality. Even when they have actual mechboxes, the material to make the box is plastic instead of metal. There are major quality shortcuts everywhere.

Now, I dont know where you live or how old you are because your profile tells us nothing. I cant suggest you go to games or local help either.

If you can do so where you live; go to a game and see what people really use. You will understand in moments that people use what WORKS. Yes, there are cheap guns out there. I had a few myself because I had money to toss away then.
All have been spectacular pieces of crap.

Seeing them in person will make so many things clear to you.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2006, 10:05   #9
Bob the Angry Potato
*AV Status Suspended pending trade resolution*

Send a message via MSN to Bob the Angry Potato
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdude View Post
The Well R6 is a great gun. There is a fellow here who got it from the states. It has held its own for several games now and shoots great. It shoots as well as my ICS, which kinda pisses me off.
Seconded.

He loaned it to me for a round, somehow it was used to effectively take out a guy with an ICS M4 + quite a few accessories.

Fixed hop-up and no functioning semi-auto, but I have to say it was pretty decent for a cheapo ripoff.
Old November 26th, 2006, 10:24   #10
E-Dub

I gots a Well r-8 kicks about 15 rounds a sec at 300 fps im lovin it! Havn't taken it apart yet.

Last edited by E-Dub; November 26th, 2006 at 10:30..
E-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2006, 11:54   #11
ancorp
AK Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylocks View Post
In general, most people here have a very low opinion of Cyma and other guns from China.
They tend to be extremely low quality. Even when they have actual mechboxes, the material to make the box is plastic instead of metal. There are major quality shortcuts everywhere...
Most of the new ones have a pretty much direct copy of a TM mechbox, a metal one nonetheless, and most of their parts are compatable with TM as well. Hell china beat Tokyo Marui by already releasing the USP AEP, with a metal slide and double capacity battery nonetheless!

Cheers,
Alex
ancorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2006, 11:56   #12
Tankdude

I took apart the R6. It does have an adjustable hop up. like a G36. only stiffer.

Regular mechbox

R6
note the metal bevel gear and lack of motor connectors. They are just twisted on

Last edited by Tankdude; November 26th, 2006 at 12:01..
Tankdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2006, 12:05   #13
The Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancorp View Post
Hell china beat Tokyo Marui by already releasing the USP AEP, with a metal slide and double capacity battery nonetheless!
Yeah, that whole thing with the USP had me going WTF. Can't say those guys are just copying anymore, even if the changes are baby steps right now. Hell, apparently the new M14 clone run on v3 gears. Those guys are learning fast, it'd be frightening if they could pull off the ultimate lesson: quality control.

Last edited by The Saint; November 26th, 2006 at 12:08..
The Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2006, 12:18   #14
ancorp
AK Guru

Yep, they are working on an FN2000 as we speak And a copy of a TM MP7!

F-ing Canada dont make them that worth it.

Cheers,
Alex
ancorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2006, 21:17   #15
Greylocks

The internals may be metal, of what quality I dont know, but the plastic mechboxes? Sorry, that is not matching TM quality at all. It's cutting corners and making a prayer it wont break.

Not saying the guns cant have decent power and accuracy, but for how long?
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion