Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

More kjw m9 problems

:

Doctor's Corner

Old January 14th, 2017, 18:26   #1
riley_A

More kjw m9 problems

So I'm having an issue with my kjw m9 and mags where when I insert the mags and rack the slide, the slide doesnt fully return fully into battery which is resulting in the gun firing improperly. I've narrowed the problem down to it being caused by the mag gasket which seals with the nozzle. I have several mags that work properly and several that dont work properly and upon comparing the gaskets between mags, the non working seals appear to be a good mil or two taller than the gaskets on the working mags which results in the nozzle catching on the gasket in several stages of the slide cycling.
I tried installing new kjw gaskets however those also caused the same issues.
I'm thinking that I either need new shorter gaskets, or I need to find a way to shorten the existing gaskets, however im not sure where I would be able to find a shorter gasket specific to the m9, and shortening the gaskets wouldnt be easy.

Any insight is greatly appreciated
riley_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2017, 20:25   #2
RainyEyes

Don't fiddle with the gaskets... They should be fine where they are unless you or the previous owner shimmed them.

If it is indeed the gasket hitting the nozzle try lubricating it with some silicone oil.

Are the mags all the same brand? If some mags are flawless and some have issues that could be an indicator of QC differences... Meaning it's not the gasket's fault but the height of the mag release notch.

My px4 TM and WE mags have a 1-2mm difference in height where they sit. Sometimes I have to press hard to insert my WE mag since the notch is too "high" so it won't catch unless pressed onto hard enough.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2017, 22:23   #3
riley_A

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
Don't fiddle with the gaskets... They should be fine where they are unless you or the previous owner shimmed them.

If it is indeed the gasket hitting the nozzle try lubricating it with some silicone oil.

Are the mags all the same brand? If some mags are flawless and some have issues that could be an indicator of QC differences... Meaning it's not the gasket's fault but the height of the mag release notch.

My px4 TM and WE mags have a 1-2mm difference in height where they sit. Sometimes I have to press hard to insert my WE mag since the notch is too "high" so it won't catch unless pressed onto hard enough.
I thought about what you said about the mag catch height so I went and reinstalled my gun back into its original body and that solved the mag issue pretty much completely. I guess the placement of the mag release on metal WE bodies is slightly different that the mag release placement on the KJW plastic bodies.
Old January 14th, 2017, 22:43   #4
RainyEyes

Kjw and WE aren't usually compatible and there are always a billion subtle differences between TM and their clones that make or break the gun...

I learned that the hard way trying to source a WE Glock mag release when I realized that it's not TM spec.

Last edited by RainyEyes; January 14th, 2017 at 22:46..
Old January 14th, 2017, 22:58   #5
riley_A

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
Kjw and WE aren't usually compatible and there are always a billion subtle differences between TM and their clones that make or break the gun...

I learned that the hard way trying to source a WE Glock mag release when I realized that it's not TM spec.
Surprisingly when I put the KJW into the WE frame everything lined up and worked perfectly fine as long as the mags had the shorter gaskets. So all WE mags worked fine and that one KJW mag as well.
Old January 15th, 2017, 02:59   #6
RainyEyes

You might want to shim the ones with shorter gaskets. Better gas efficiency.

So I just want to clarify, the problem was with the mag catch and not the magazines themselves?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner