Socom Gear Daniel Defense MK18 9.5 Inch RIS-II on ICS m4

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old February 3rd, 2010, 02:01   #16
Green
a.k.a. greenpunk_182

Quote:
Originally Posted by KND View Post
What brand are those Daniel Defense systems ? If it's D-boy then it would probably fit and forgot about Madbull or G&P made, you will need to either modify your upper or RAS system.
On airsoftparts.ca, juggles has a few that are made by madbull and others that are socom gear.

So I guess the madbull one wont work, but what about the socom gear? any ideas?
Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 02:02   #17
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpunk_182 View Post
On airsoftparts.ca, juggles has a few that are made by madbull and others that are socom gear.

So I guess the madbull one wont work, but what about the socom gear? any ideas?
the socom gear one uses RS threading which is Imperial, the Madbull ones are metric. and the ones from haung are also metric.
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 02:51   #18
delta76

So I've gathered that ICS threading is imperial and should work with the socom gear delta ring. Can anyone refute this?

RITZ, so far you've stated that RS threading is both metric and imperial, which is it?

Last edited by delta76; February 3rd, 2010 at 02:56..
delta76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 03:01   #19
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta76 View Post
So I've gathered that ICS threading is imperial and should work with the socom gear delta ring. Can anyone refute this?

RITZ, so far you've stated that RS threading is both metric and imperial, which is it?
RS are imperial. I made a mistake before
the Socom gear ones are RS threaded therefor use imperial and fit on PTW's and GBBR's

the madbull and haung RAS are metric and fit on the china bodies

and in my previous post I said I "believe" meaning was not sure.

makes sense that the RS threading would be imperial as most AR's are coming out of the states.

Last edited by R.I.T.Z; February 3rd, 2010 at 03:04..
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 14:23   #20

Metric = TM, ICS, and direct TM clones
Imperial = CA, G&P, WETTI, Systema, most DBOYS/ECHO-1 (not all), real steel

As is my experience.

Tokyo Model Company carries a Madbull Noveske barrel nut threaded for IMPERIAL receivers (WA/GBBR model).

808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 14:32   #21
SHÖCK
aka SNK or Shaniqua

Do you guys know what the threading on an AGM GBBR is? Metric or Imperial?
Old February 3rd, 2010, 14:33   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHÖCK View Post
Do you guys know what the threading on an AGM GBBR is? Metric or Imperial?
Likely Imperial. It's a WA clone.

But that's a guess.

808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 20:56   #23
SHÖCK
aka SNK or Shaniqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808 View Post
Likely Imperial. It's a WA clone.

But that's a guess.
Thanks,

Hmm, I ordered one that is the same type Huang carries so it's probably metric from what I've seen in this thread. If my AGM turns out to be imperial, then it would make sense to swap for the Socom gear one and that'd be perfect.
Old February 4th, 2010, 16:57   #24
hadur
formerly Crunchy

I had a madbull ras, it did not fit on my g&p body...however the huang ras I have does, so either huang's ras's have randomly different threads. Or the two must not be the same threading
hadur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 11:35   #25
Green
a.k.a. greenpunk_182

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808 View Post
Metric = TM, ICS, and direct TM clones
Imperial = CA, G&P, WETTI, Systema, most DBOYS/ECHO-1 (not all), real steel

As is my experience.

Tokyo Model Company carries a Madbull Noveske barrel nut threaded for IMPERIAL receivers (WA/GBBR model).
Ok....So I payed a visit to both juggles of airsoftparts and Huang and to help remove some misconceptions and here is what I now know:

After trying the Socom Daniel Defence (that is imperial threading), It DID NOT FIT on an ICS body.

Huang sells another Daniel Defence rail system that he said was metric threading. The metric threading DID FIT on an ICS body.

So, as 808 stated, the ICS bodies have METRIC threading (or atleast the 2 bodies I have are)

Hope that helps
Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 13:29   #26
delta76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
I had a madbull ras, it did not fit on my g&p body...however the huang ras I have does, so either huang's ras's have randomly different threads. Or the two must not be the same threading
Huangs rails are metric, G&P bodies built in the last two years are imperial any G&P bodies older than two years are metric.
delta76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2010, 16:41   #27
kdogg

Real steel spec for the upper receiver thread is 1.250"-18 tpi which is what the Systema PTW and WA GBB use.

If you hit a local machine shop they MIGHT have a die in that size on hand. Would take about two minutes to re-thread the G&P or ICS uppers to fit the Socom Gear or Madbull barrel nuts.

Also, on a side note I was talking to one of the guys at Socom Gear and the guys over at Jag Precision DO have some barrel nuts on hand that are the "G&P" spec now. No word on when dealers will have them in hand though. They should have just included both in the damn box to start with.

Sure would make things a LOT easier for all the G&P and MAGPUL PTS owners out there trying to put the MK18 RIS II FDE rails on there guns.

Actually, Huang... The guys as Jag are dragging butt on this, get some G&P spec barrel nuts.

Certified Systema PTW Repair Tech!

Systema PTW M4-A1 MAX 2008
Systema PTW M4/CQBR 2010, Full CNC (EA Custom Edition)
ARES Mk18 MOD 1 (EA Custom Edition)
WE KAC PDW - 8-incher w/ Open Bolt

Last edited by kdogg; February 6th, 2010 at 16:44..
kdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2010, 21:07   #28
hadur
formerly Crunchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta76 View Post
Huangs rails are metric, G&P bodies built in the last two years are imperial any G&P bodies older than two years are metric.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.T.Z View Post
the socom gear one uses RS threading which is Imperial, the Madbull ones are metric. and the ones from haung are also metric.
im still perplexed, i have a huang rail(mk18), and a had a madbull rail(dragonfire).
Only the huang rail fits on my body.. the madbull did not.. so someone is misinformed (including me)
hadur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 03:00   #29
spartan117

Can anyone tell me, was the G&P magpul PTS metal body built in the last two years? I'm not sure if its imperial or metric. The thing that confuses me is that apparently, in the airsoftgi "desert commando vid" the guy says that the socom gear mk18 ras needed modifications to fit onto the magpul pts metal body. So does that mean the G&P magpul PTS metal body has metric threading or is it the socom gear mk18 ras that does? Because i have tried installing a tokyo marui delta ring on to the magpul metal body and it does not fit.

Last edited by spartan117; March 3rd, 2010 at 03:06..
spartan117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 08:52   #30
Jackarutu

Send a message via Skype™ to Jackarutu
Not sure if this will help the conversation or not but I just installed an Socom Gear Daniel Defense CNC 9" MK18 RIS onto a VFC MK18 Mod 0 M4.

There are a few things one needs to know that doesn't get mentioned in the instructions anywhere.

1. you need an AR15 Delta Ring wrench and the AR-15/M16 UPPER RECEIVER ACTION BLOCK or you are setting yourself up to break the pot metal.

2. the bolt that goes past the dust cover needs to be assemble into the "Bolt Up System Plate" before you place it over the outter barrel and slid it into contact with the upper reciever: elsewise you will never get it past the dust cover.

Other than that Bobs your uncle.

Oh BTW please hang on to the old front sight with the gas tube and the original Delta Ring becasue sooner or later you or a buddy will be needing one for some other project.

Last edited by Jackarutu; March 3rd, 2010 at 08:58..
Jackarutu is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications