:

Tactics, Techniques and Procedures

Old January 3rd, 2010, 17:05   #46
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by youonlywish View Post
Camping - if that's what it can boil down to... is a GREAT way to play.

There is a time and place for EVERYTHING.

That said... I'm a ghillie-user... camping at it's best.
Oh that's Fun, I gamed once with my M16 and my friends ghillie in a skirmish with respawns. One section of the field is fairly dense bush I camped in there, after racking up like 5 kills that round they all decided to not try and flank us using the bush for cover.
It's nice to be able to see the enemy AND shoot them and still not have to worry about them finding you.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2010, 20:41   #47
nidan

Quote:
Originally Posted by youonlywish View Post
Camping - if that's what it can boil down to... is a GREAT way to play.

There is a time and place for EVERYTHING.

That said... I'm a ghillie-user... camping at it's best.
Agree 100%. When I started as a "new guy" I camped in a perfect little spot, waited, BB'd some hide, then moved and camped...etc. etc. I was blamed for camping too much... uh huh, is that why I shot you five times from five different places. It is assumed you are doing this when they don't know where you are, until we get back to safe spot and realize who it was that shot em.

I digress, I was very happy when I was taken under an experienced wing my first time out. I watched his back for him, took some plastic, gave some back.
Great fun, I was hooked. So many more new people would stay when shown a little "i was new once to" mentality.
nidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2010, 22:30   #48
kalnaren

The problem with camping is that it does your team ZERO good. Who gives a fuck if you get 10 kills while camping if your team can't get to the objective because a bunch of pussies won't advance?

That's happend to me so many times. I'll be pushing hard, finally have to duck behind cover, turn around, and find 3/4 of the people I was "advancing" with are holed up 100+ ft behind me.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2010, 23:38   #49
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
The problem with camping is that it does your team ZERO good. Who gives a fuck if you get 10 kills while camping if your team can't get to the objective because a bunch of pussies won't advance?

That's happend to me so many times. I'll be pushing hard, finally have to duck behind cover, turn around, and find 3/4 of the people I was "advancing" with are holed up 100+ ft behind me.
Yeah I hate that.... first big game i ever attended that happened to me. Kept hearing somebody shouting "Move up! Move up!", so i did, while firing.... next thing i know I'm alone... surrounded.... and totally boned.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2010, 19:16   #50
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelusNex View Post
Yeah I hate that.... first big game i ever attended that happened to me. Kept hearing somebody shouting "Move up! Move up!", so i did, while firing.... next thing i know I'm alone... surrounded.... and totally boned.
I was at a game last fall where the opposing team was actually advancing AROUND me and passing me.. I was so far ahead of the bunker n00bs they had no idea anyone on our team actually made it up that far.

Same game.. was in a firefight.. 3 on our side, 2 on theirs. I took out one, another team member took out the other. I look at the other two, yell "Move up!" and start running. I run into enemy fire, hunker down, and find the other two STILL at the same spot. They just looked at me and watched while I ran. Fuck that frustrates me so much.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old January 16th, 2010, 22:47   #51
nidan

So what is the time limit for not moving?

Time and place for everything. I like to cover my teams back when I know we are being circled. Sometimes that requires waiting a bit, but always keeping your guys fairly close. Nothing the "enemy" hates more than sneaking, sneaking SHIT where did he come from? Well, he covered his teams back by camping on their back trail. Worked then, not always, so move on. Time and a place...
Old January 16th, 2010, 22:52   #52
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidan View Post
So what is the time limit for not moving?

Time and place for everything. I like to cover my teams back when I know we are being circled. Sometimes that requires waiting a bit, but always keeping your guys fairly close. Nothing the "enemy" hates more than sneaking, sneaking SHIT where did he come from? Well, he covered his teams back by camping on their back trail. Worked then, not always, so move on. Time and a place...
When one or two people do that, it makes sense. When 5+ do it, that's being pussy.

Quote:
Old January 17th, 2010, 01:47   #53
nidan

Well sure, more than two is not only unnecessary but damn stupid. It usually just falls to me as I seem to be the sneakiest.
Old January 17th, 2010, 22:27   #54
hecklerjg

ya I remember my first game.... I was a bunker noob at first but after my first encounter with a fully loaded ak at close range from being flanked I changed my ways pretty quickly
hecklerjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2010, 21:03   #55
arrow

It's hard to motivate some people, but most (the smart players) figure out after their third or fourth game that to be effective you need to move up
Email/msn - parttimekillers@live.com
Home field - www.defconpaintball.ca
arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 19:47   #56
Wilson

Old January 22nd, 2010, 20:03   #57
nidan

Amen to that. Snipers, Recon, Scouts...all must "camp" once in awhile to be effective. hard to gauge numbers when constantly moving. And defenders (of a position) are "campers" too!
Old January 22nd, 2010, 20:32   #58
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Oh I wrote this thread not about campers, campers are a different story.

This is about people who only stay at the spawn point and have never moved or barely move at all

Campers actually move away from the spawn point and find a nice perimeter to cover so they are being effective in trying to stake out a good place to put a chokehold on incoming opposition. Whereas bunker noobs sit in the spawn point not moving or moving to somewhere else to hide. The spawn point usually does not need to be guarded unless the game deems it necessary. If the spawn point needs to be guarded then bunker noobs are great, if not they are sitting there waiting to die

cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 20:28   #59
teriases

Bunker Noobs - Play to Sit (and die)

I donno if age has to do with this. From what you guys are seeing are most of these campers younger players? I am a noob but I have no fear of moving, I cover my team mates automatically, and I am not afraid of getting shot at(common these are plastic BBs gimme a break!)

I get this feeling from online games. Because like 80 percent of times the spawn perma-campers are kids or younger players. So camping spawn is nothing new for me but its very interesting for me to read this post as they happen in real life games too!

But so far I have not the pleasure of meeting one myself... Probly cuz they are camping back too much
teriases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 20:38   #60
DanoftheDead

I am a noob and have never spawn camped, I think its got to do with people who play alot of COD or something, waiting where you know they'll spawn, they want to get shitloads of kills and I get it, but I don't imagine it being very fun waiting for someone to spawn. I like the fast pace of the game, take point, take out the targets and move forward to claim the next position. I noticed these spawn campers usually get dealt with quickly, a good ol' discouraged headshot can do the trick but only if they really deserve it, other favorite places to shoot is the back of the arm (the soft skin) and inner thigh. If you have a bb shower even better!
DanoftheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures