Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Hello from Ukraine

:

Russia and East Bloc

Old March 26th, 2009, 16:38   #1
Texas

Send a message via ICQ to Texas
Thumbs up Hello from Ukraine

Hello. I am from Ukraine. I am keen on airsoft & re-enactment. We are trying to reconstruct a view of CF, 3 PPCLI. Our site is http://www.fix-bayonets.od.ua
But it is mostly in russian. You can see our photos are here http://primknut-shtyki.io.ua/album.php

Also we do re-enactment of Soviet troops of the period of war in Afganistan during 1979-1989.
Our photos are in http://afgan.io.ua/album
the site is http://www.afganistan.od.ua
and it is the same in russian...maybe in the future we will make in english too..

So, I see a lot of people here are interesting in theme of ukrainian and russian troops. If you want you can ask me via PM or ICQ some burning questions about uniform, weapons, e.t.c. I will try to answer what I can..

And maybe we can cooperate - I could help you to get some rare ukrainian, russian or even soviet equipment and uniform - in return of the canadian gear in CADPAT from your side..

P.S. I beg your pardon in advance if this thread was created in the wrong section of the forum..I hope moderators will move it corectly if it is necessary.
Old March 26th, 2009, 17:36   #2
The_Decider

fantastic stuff
I think I want to throw some DDR stuff together now....
The_Decider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2009, 18:15   #3
pipefitter316

damn some of those pictures are sick great old building for cqb.
pipefitter316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 10:33   #4
phantastik

Not going to lie I'd trade away my cadpat BDU for any of those old soviet BDUS... like... in a heartbeat
Old March 27th, 2009, 14:13   #5
The_Decider

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantastik View Post
Not going to lie I'd trade away my cadpat BDU for any of those old soviet BDUS... like... in a heartbeat
In soviet russia bdu wears you!
The_Decider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2009, 06:13   #6
beastor

Very nice pics Texas, I am supremely jealous! some awsome loadouts.

If only I could persuade my team mates to go full Soviet.....

General William Tecumseh Sherman
beastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2009, 06:54   #7
Rainer

Wow! Ukrainians dressing up like Canuks now that's sweet.
Old March 28th, 2009, 10:15   #8
Texas

Send a message via ICQ to Texas
Thanks to all for feedbacks!

I know, we have a lot of work to do on our equipment to be like 3 PPCLI, but the equipment is very expensive and very difficult to get real issue items.. Well, I think you know it beter than me )) At this moment the most problem is to get frag vests (OD or CADPAT) and tactical vests..

I must note, that CF have very good quality uniform and gear! It is very comfortable and looks very good in Ukrainian area and forests! You should be proud of it
Unfortunately, Ukrainian army and Soviet - in the past - aren't. Mostly it is coarse and cheap fabric.
But even this "scap" fabric, especialy soviet, sometimes is a problem to get to us too, the same as real issue CADPAT for canadian civils..but for another reason..simply it ends or is still in use
For example, uniform of years 1979-1989 which you can sea on the above picture is getting more difficult to find. 2-3 years ago it was not a problem, but now..

I've seen in the neighboring thread people collect some russian gear..but mostly it is used incorrectly..gear from WW2 are mixed with modern airsoft weapon, infantry uniforms are mixed with hats of Marines, e.t.c. Or russian uniform with the helmet from period of WW2. Maybe, the same way my team does mistakes with your canadian gear. I hope it is not so or it is seldom and occasional
Whatever, if you have any questions or criticism please use PM or ICQ

Last edited by Texas; March 28th, 2009 at 10:19..
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2009, 10:18   #9
Brit ter

Nice pics and Welcome !
Old March 28th, 2009, 10:48   #10
diamond_SEA

Send a message via MSN to diamond_SEA
My grandparents are from the L'viv area. I was planning on making a trip over to see the family sometime soon with a trip to odessa. If i ever do, ill let you know and i can pack some stuff to swap out.

I recently recieved the rarest of equipment: an issued camoflage Tim Hortons Kandahar hat. ( i doubt youll get the joke but us here will)
diamond_SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2009, 09:22   #11
mctaz
Primo Italiano

good material but especially good photographer, in some pictures the contrasts and the colors seem really realistic, and if not you know that you are a Air Soft team could almost exchange this for real photos.

About GI canadian items, canadian law said that factory and soldiers can sold to you genuine items, you can find some items on ebay but usualy this have some small error and don't have military label (if items have label for 99% are stolen)....

McTAZ
mctaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2009, 18:38   #12
beastor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
Thanks to all for feedbacks!

I know, we have a lot of work to do on our equipment to be like 3 PPCLI, but the equipment is very expensive and very difficult to get real issue items.. Well, I think you know it beter than me )) At this moment the most problem is to get frag vests (OD or CADPAT) and tactical vests..

I must note, that CF have very good quality uniform and gear! It is very comfortable and looks very good in Ukrainian area and forests! You should be proud of it
Unfortunately, Ukrainian army and Soviet - in the past - aren't. Mostly it is coarse and cheap fabric.
But even this "scap" fabric, especialy soviet, sometimes is a problem to get to us too, the same as real issue CADPAT for canadian civils..but for another reason..simply it ends or is still in use
For example, uniform of years 1979-1989 which you can sea on the above picture is getting more difficult to find. 2-3 years ago it was not a problem, but now..

I've seen in the neighboring thread people collect some russian gear..but mostly it is used incorrectly..gear from WW2 are mixed with modern airsoft weapon, infantry uniforms are mixed with hats of Marines, e.t.c. Or russian uniform with the helmet from period of WW2. Maybe, the same way my team does mistakes with your canadian gear. I hope it is not so or it is seldom and occasional
Whatever, if you have any questions or criticism please use PM or ICQ
I hear ya on the subject of availability, when I got most of my kit 2 years ago it was cheap as hell! a lot of my friends are trying to get Soviet era stuff, but are having real difficulty (and its not cheap).

I am glad I have most of the gear I want now (although a WW2 tunic and belt would be nice when the PPsh41 comes out at last!)

Old March 31st, 2009, 18:42   #13
beastor

Texas: "I've seen in the neighboring thread people collect some russian gear..but mostly it is used incorrectly..gear from WW2 are mixed with modern airsoft weapon, infantry uniforms are mixed with hats of Marines, e.t.c. Or russian uniform with the helmet from period of WW2."

I hope thats not me your talking about

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Russia and East Bloc