Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Canadian Sidearm

:

Canadian

Old February 1st, 2007, 04:15   #31
lordosborne

So much ignorance.. if you don't know, don't try to speculate, because often times you can go widely off the mark.

For the vast majority of the combat arms (Infantry, Armour, Artillery, Engineers, Medics etc), the Browning Hi-Power No2 Mk1* is the standard sidearm. All of them are quite old, but still functional. 90% of all stoppages are due to misfed rounds from damaged or worn out magazines, not from the pistol itself.

Now, the only people in the CF who do use the Sig P226 are JTF.
Everyone else carries a 225. these are usually regular force members (but by no means everyone, since the 225 is in short supply) of the MPs, Naval Boarding Parties, pilots and some medics as well as some senior officers.

Bottom line: if you want to accurately model a canadian soldier, get a BHP.
lordosborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2007, 15:24   #32
philstructo

MP7 haha JK =P

BROWNING 9-MM PISTOL

The Browning 9-mm pistol is carried by officers and soldiers who require a sidearm that can be rapidly drawn and fired, even in confined spaces. The pistol consists of a barrel, a slide, a breech block, a frame, and a 13 round magazine.

Armament:
Cartridge: 9mm x 19mm

Specifications:
Weight: 1 kg (with empty magazine)
Length: 19.69 cm
Barrel length: 12.38 cm
Operation: recoil operated, semi-automatic
Feed: 13-round detachable magazine
Sights: Rear – fixed square notch, Front – tapered post
Sight Radius: 159mm
Muzzle Velocity: 350 m/s

Used By: Canada, Belgium, United Kingdom, and many law enforcement agencies.
philstructo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 02:48   #33
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt Vince View Post
You,re watching way too much movies...
When you need to use a pistol, it means you have depleted all of your ammo (of your main weapon of course), you only have 30 rounds left, a weapon with poor penetration ability, low accuracy, low effective range etc etc

We're not in BHD damnit! Also, in this htread, no one is talking about highly trained SF, it's about the canadian sidearm of grunts!
I tend to disagree. I find sidarms are much more useful in certain situations, such as room clearing, and close quarters cause you can angle your pistol in any direction while the C7 or even the C8 is quite bulky sometimes. I know many situations in CQB for example where i said "F-It" and slung my rifle.

but i do tend to agree with you on the ammo part. I find it pointless to carry a Deagle for example. 7 round backup weapon is just stupid for a sidearm... only use it would be for you is if you wanna put a bullet in your own head and make sure you dont survive it
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 03:03   #34
*CRASH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
but i do tend to agree with you on the ammo part. I find it pointless to carry a Deagle for example. 7 round backup weapon is just stupid for a sidearm... only use it would be for you is if you wanna put a bullet in your own head and make sure you dont survive it

Funny enough a lot of people were and are quite happy with the Colt 1911. Most airsofters can only speculate as to what is effective... unless you've been there, done it, got the "T" shirt stick to what makes you happy in the game and don't assume you know better.

P.S. lordosborne... you hit the nail on the head. BHP is a great sidearm, the SAS and OPP TRU teams used them for the longest time. Mag issues from keeping them topped up weakend spring, as well as over use, which caused misfeed or stove pipe. The next big cause would be extractors... again over use.

Last edited by *CRASH*; April 15th, 2007 at 03:10..
*CRASH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 01:15   #35
gallantcorey

Send a message via MSN to gallantcorey
Quote:
Originally Posted by philstructo View Post
MP7 haha JK =P
Well it is possible
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...s/SSA51011.jpg
“The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence.” - Sir Robert Peel
gallantcorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 10:44   #36
Point_Man

Send a message via MSN to Point_Man
Nice Corey As for the BHP being unreliable, I'll disagree a little. As said before, the main issue are old and worn magazines. Our unit just purchased some new magazines and the pistols worked just fine. The BHP has a relatively small ejection port, however I personally have yet to see a "stove pipe"...though I'm sure somewhere it's happened.

What most people don't realize is that learning to shoot a rifle is more intuitive then a pistol. Firing a pistol is more of an art form rather then skill. So if you have the experience firing the BHP, (or any secondary) it's not necessarily a desperation weapon. Of course you have to use it within the limits of it's capabilities.

The CF should look at getting BHP's Mk.III. Short of that, I can think of a few points that would help with the time being:

-New magazines
-More apparent iron sights (front blade I find is quite small/short)
-More pronouced thumb safety that has clear detents for "safe" and "fire"
-Here's one that may stir debate: Get rid of the "magazine" safetly. For those that don't know, the BHP Mk.I No. 2 cannot be fire unless a magazine is inserted (or if you have a long middle finger ) Meant to be a safety feature.
-Double action?

That's all I can think of. Thoughts?

Henry
Point_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 15:36   #37
Gene Pool Medic
Banned

as my unbiased opinion i work R.O. at a gun range in Calgary and the browning high power 9mm and their knock-off counter parts the Hungarian FEG pistol were all fairly reliable..although ugly and unable to mount any accessories or tools. they are steel and heavy and we all know...heavy is sign of reli-ability..haha man i love that movie...
Gene Pool Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 19:08   #38
Point_Man

Send a message via MSN to Point_Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Pool Medic View Post
as my unbiased opinion i work R.O. at a gun range in Calgary and the browning high power 9mm and their knock-off counter parts the Hungarian FEG pistol were all fairly reliable..although ugly and unable to mount any accessories or tools. they are steel and heavy and we all know...heavy is sign of reli-ability..haha man i love that movie...

"Heavy is good...if it does not work you can always hit him with it"

-Boris the Blade
Point_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 19:31   #39
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt Vince
When you need to use a pistol, it means you have depleted all of your ammo (of your main weapon of course), you only have 30 rounds left, a weapon with poor penetration ability, low accuracy, low effective range etc etc
30 rounds in a pistol? This is new?
And like was said, it's not just for last resort. I assume it's very useful in CQB.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 19:55   #40
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to Yeoman
don't worry I'm just as lost
could have sworn most .45's issued out to whomever is lucky enough to get em these days have 7, and 8 mags *shrugs*
Yeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 20:31   #41
Gerkraz

30 rounds...including spare mags, and not carrying them all at once, I'm guessing?
Gerkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 20:39   #42
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

The fastest reload is a new gun. Then again thats just an opinion though.

That belgium FN Five-Seven has a 20round capacity mag. Some glocks do as well I believe, I cant think of any handguns that would have a thirty though.

"Its only a little bit on fire"

Last edited by TokyoSeven; May 29th, 2007 at 20:42..
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 21:33   #43
Tripcee

this thread kills me with all the "my cf buddy sez this" and " i find the 9mm better than ..." i have a sneaky suspicion that maybe one person posting here if that knows anything about either the browning or the sig or any real gun for that matter. i doubt theres that many people on this forum whove even held a real pistol much less know about how easy it is to operate/ ballistic properties etc... and btw, go with the browning. it has better accuracy and its easier to pwn terrorists with lol.

Last edited by Tripcee; May 29th, 2007 at 21:38..
Tripcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 21:45   #44
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to Yeoman
not if you know how to actually shoot pistols
I can do the same with a .45 as I can a .9
most people don't pratice pistol shooting enough. I'll admit that I don't.
Yeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 21:52   #45
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripcee View Post
this thread kills me with all the "my cf buddy sez this" and " i find the 9mm better than ..." i have a sneaky suspicion that maybe one person posting here if that knows anything about either the browning or the sig or any real gun for that matter. i doubt theres that many people on this forum whove even held a real pistol much less know about how easy it is to operate/ ballistic properties etc... and btw, go with the browning. it has better accuracy and its easier to pwn terrorists with lol.
I've shot an STI .40 cal.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian