Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KJW 1911 cycle issue

:

Doctor's Corner

Old June 22nd, 2013, 19:08   #1
Trayne wr3ck

KJW 1911 cycle issue

Trying to figure out why my 1911 wont cycle properly. I got it in a trade this way and have been trying to figure it out. It has a 170% recoil spring and a shooters design slide but i'm unsure of any other upgrades.

I think that the problem lies in the gas system somewhere but I have no experience with gbb pistols so i'm unsure what to be looking for. The only reason i really suspect that the problem lies there is simply the feel of the thing when i fire. It hardly makes a sound and the slide moves only a third of its travel length.

Any tips on where to start as far as diagnosing this thing would be very appreciated
Old June 22nd, 2013, 19:12   #2
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Probably either the gas hammer or the nozzle.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2013, 11:14   #3
p.phresh

If you're still having problems with this, and you can bring it to me I can have a look at it and see if I can diagnose the problem. Does sound like a worn striker or cracked nozzle though.
p.phresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2013, 11:30   #4
N_Force

I've found that on any gbb design, if one of the parts not in spec, that could cause problems, even TM that reliable brand. It happened on my 4.3 hicapa years ago and took me months to figure it out on the slide inside was not in spec. Just did a bit filing and it worked back normal. If you also have up graded parts in there and having troubles, you don't even have the original parts to swap back and test, and you have no experiences at all, pass it to your local gun doc to do it right for you would be your best bet. Diagnosis by your description and if you missed something, and or when we help you and you may not catch what it is, would be wasting your time and you have high chance to ruin your toy. If you still would like to DIY, be my guest, good luck and have fun!

Last edited by N_Force; June 25th, 2013 at 12:02..
N_Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2013, 12:07   #5
redneck12

Check your nozzle for cracks or damage, and while the blow back unit is still in your slide you cover the end of the nozzle with ur finger and push the nozzle back into the blow back unit. If its hard to do you still have a good air seal in your nozzle, if its easy to do and you hear a hissing noise you have a damaged or out of spec nozzle/blow back unit which may be the cause of your problem. Or it could be the spring that cycles your blow back unit is worn out or damaged in some way.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 20:05   #6
Trayne wr3ck

So i've been playing around with it and have a few questions.

1. Air seal is good to the point where the nozzle is actually tight to the piston head. is this bad?

2. Should the nozzle be moving back to rest on its own? The spring in the top of the blow back unit looks weak as all hell and it doesn't do anything since the nozzle is so tight to the piston.
Old July 24th, 2013, 20:11   #7
Styrak

It should be moving freely.

Old July 29th, 2013, 04:22   #8
Trayne wr3ck

Found something else weird. The "valve locker", the bit that sticks out the top on the left side of the midframe, doesn't have a spring. It just sits there in a depressed position. Could this be my demon?
Old August 1st, 2013, 00:27   #9
Trayne wr3ck

Still looking for info about the valve locker.
Old August 1st, 2013, 01:09   #10
Styrak

Yes there should be a spring there.

Old August 1st, 2013, 11:44   #11
Trayne wr3ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Yes there should be a spring there.
Well that's fairly obvious. I'm curious to know what that valve locker does and weather or not its causing the gas problems
Old August 6th, 2013, 22:55   #12
Styrak

Right side looking down the sights is the sear reset.
Left side looking down the sights is the valve release. It resets/releases that valve knocker from contacting the magazine once the slide comes back far enough. Basically keeps the valve open to get enough gas through the gun until the slide trips it. So yes that may very well be your problem. The valve knocker is making very light strikes since it can't stay "on". That's my thoughts.

Old February 18th, 2014, 14:34   #13
Trayne wr3ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Right side looking down the sights is the sear reset.
Left side looking down the sights is the valve release. It resets/releases that valve knocker from contacting the magazine once the slide comes back far enough. Basically keeps the valve open to get enough gas through the gun until the slide trips it. So yes that may very well be your problem. The valve knocker is making very light strikes since it can't stay "on". That's my thoughts.
Figured i might as well update this thread in case anyone else has issues. This was indeed the issue. Replaced it and now it everything works fine

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner