Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

For the price, is it less expensive to buy from US?

:

General

Old May 9th, 2010, 21:20   #1
jpr363

For the price, is it less expensive to buy from US?

Please do not think i am a new player, i have simply never odered from the us.

In Canada, most website sell KJW M4 ggbr mags for 75$. In the US, they sell for 40$. will the customs fee and shipping add up so that the price will be the same?
jpr363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 21:24   #2
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Buying from the USA = Custom fees, because American retailers declare the exact value of the item....

But buying from Hong Kong actually costs less (depends on shipping price), and no custom fees, because they dont declare the exact value of the package...
Old May 9th, 2010, 21:25   #3
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Ynot ask the site u plan to order from how much shipping will cost, that's half u qustion answered right there

as for customs, there's a thread for the calculation of duties somewhere here stickied if u search it, that's the 2nd half of ur question

the rest of the replies will be a mix of "buy in Canada it'll be the same price after tax n shipping" and "just buy in Canada and support local business"
Old May 9th, 2010, 21:25   #4
jpr363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny_McSmith View Post
Buying from the USA = Custom fees, because American retailers declare the exact value of the item....

But buying from Hong Kong actually costs less (depends on shipping price), and no custom fees, because they dont declare the exact value of the package...
so it would cost less to buy from ehobby asia?
Old May 9th, 2010, 21:30   #5
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

dunno... why dont you do the math yourself?....

Here are the Steps:

1) Select Item, and quantity
2) Add to cart
3) Go to your cart
4) Enter your Postal code, and country
5) Press: shipping estimate

and do the same for all other retailers!

and Compare the prices yourself...

Have fun!

PS: I Don't mean to be a jackass, but c'mon dude, you've never bought something yourself before, and compared prices before buying?.... :P
Old May 9th, 2010, 21:31   #6
jpr363

thanks- i guess
Old May 9th, 2010, 21:35   #7
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
Asia is always a good bet, I ordered 2 mags for my pistol and it was only $66 WITH shipping

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 21:49   #8
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
Ynot ask the site u plan to order from how much shipping will cost, that's half u qustion answered right there

as for customs, there's a thread for the calculation of duties somewhere here stickied if u search it, that's the 2nd half of ur question

the rest of the replies will be a mix of "buy in Canada it'll be the same price after tax n shipping" and "just buy in Canada and support local business"
Lemme do a quick for ya calculation

Pro-Win WA M4 Gas Magazine:
$55USD from Ehobby
$120CDN+~$15CDN from Canada Retailer

Cost for EMS (most expensive) is around $30, custom...free so its around $90 by the time it gets here so its about 1/4 the cost of retailer. I hate to say it but retailers in Canada are putting insane markups as if it were a restricted item. Most (not all) are simply too greedy, so I just refuse to deal with em. Selling an ACM magazine at a G&P/Marui price is unacceptable.
Old May 9th, 2010, 21:56   #9
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
Lemme do a quick for ya calculation

Pro-Win WA M4 Gas Magazine:
$55USD from Ehobby
$120CDN+~$15CDN from Canada Retailer

Cost for EMS (most expensive) is around $30, custom...free so its around $90 by the time it gets here so its about 1/4 the cost of retailer. I hate to say it but retailers in Canada are putting insane markups as if it were a restricted item. Most (not all) are simply too greedy, so I just refuse to deal with em. Selling an ACM magazine at a G&P/Marui price is unacceptable.
haha +1... VIVA la REVOLUCION! :P
Old May 9th, 2010, 22:50   #10
Danke

Yes with a maybe/no with a but.

If you are buying from out of the country you'll get dinged with shipping and duty, sometimes you save, sometimes you go over the CD prices.

The very best thing to do is build a larger order, one or two mags at a time will bankrupt you. You need to build up a bunch of stuff and then the shipping cost will be less painful spread over the total order.

If it's just one or two items then in country will be a better deal.
Old May 9th, 2010, 23:17   #11
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Yes with a maybe/no with a but.

If you are buying from out of the country you'll get dinged with shipping and duty, sometimes you save, sometimes you go over the CD prices.

The very best thing to do is build a larger order, one or two mags at a time will bankrupt you. You need to build up a bunch of stuff and then the shipping cost will be less painful spread over the total order.

If it's just one or two items then in country will be a better deal.
yup... and do Group orders... ask your buds....
Old May 9th, 2010, 23:56   #12
ripanu1

any body now if the 50rds Magazine for (WA) M4 GBB will fit the KWA or ARE theyin their own world like we if so ive seen these for 54 bucks us in hong kong. depends on where you look if you look in the right places all it will cost you is american exchange on 54 bucks and no shipping fees. but you might laugh when you see how many stamps they have on the parcel .do your homework and youll be supprised at what youll find
ripanu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 10:55   #13
Crunchmeister

In many cases, once you factor in shipping, duties / brokerage, etc, the prices for parts in country are quite comparable to the overseas price. As an added bonus, if there's an issue with your order or if you receive a defective part, it's far easier to discuss it and resolve it with a dealer in Canada than in Asia. It makes good sense to buy from Canada.

While it's true that most Asian dealers will under-declare the value of items, often, packages do get opened and inspected by the CBSA, and they will assign a value and related duty price to it if they feel that the item is misdeclared.

Now, I do agree that in some cases, prices are unrealistically inflated in Canada for items we can easily import ourselves. GBB(r) mags are a prime example of this. Seriously, I can order 3 KJW M9 mags from Asian suppliers for roughly $75 shipped, whereas a single one will cost me about $50 shipped from most Canadian dealers. To me, that unacceptable pricing. However, I also realize that the dealers get their KJW stuff from CAS, so they have little control in the end pricing in cases like this. There are other items that are ridiculously overpriced in Canada as well compared to importing yourself

The best you can do really is compare the pricing yourself and determine which is the better deal for you.

Last edited by Crunchmeister; May 10th, 2010 at 10:57..
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 14:14   #14
VooDooPeteK

also some retailers will mark the package as "gift" this will keep duty down

I think I have paid duty on maybe 10 packages over the years of buying stuff from the US and China
VooDooPeteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 15:17   #15
kullwarrior

Usually when you keep order less than $400 value it's not that hard to get away. Honestly stop defending the Canadian retailer. They are not helping Canada, the bought their stuff oversea like you did except they made a bigger order to reduce shipping but decide to markup insanely. The most ridiculous I've seen is selling a ptw carrying handle for $210. I can order a gunieune colt one for bout $150.

If anything were supporting retailer in Canada it's supporting greed.
/rant

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General