Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KJW Glock 27 Gas/Cycle issue

:

Doctor's Corner

Old May 9th, 2010, 01:52   #1
Trayne wr3ck

KJW Glock 27 Gas/Cycle issue

The issue is that my pistol is only shooting 1 or 2 rounds before being out of gas. It was working fine last time it was used ( 2 or 3 weeks ago) and I really have no idea whats going on. I didn't hear any leaks on the mag. I know very little about GBB's but it seems to me that either the mag refuses to hold any gas or the pistol itself is using a ludicrous amount of gas per shot. Any ideas?
Old May 9th, 2010, 03:14   #2
andrew5826

is your propane tank empty?
andrew5826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 12:12   #3
Trayne wr3ck

No. I've tried a few different tanks and always the same issue.
Old May 9th, 2010, 13:55   #4
Disco_Dante

seeing as you don't have much experience with GBBs, are you filling the magazine correctly? the fill valve should be facing up with the propane tank inverted above it.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 14:49   #5
Trayne wr3ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco_Dante View Post
seeing as you don't have much experience with GBBs, are you filling the magazine correctly? the fill valve should be facing up with the propane tank inverted above it.
Yeppers. I know all the common sense stuff. Silicone lube, leave gas in the mag etc...

Would blown or leaky seals cause this issue? If the mag is shot I'm don't care too much. I'm more worried about the gun itself having an issue.
Old May 9th, 2010, 15:04   #6
Disco_Dante

If the seals are seriously damaged there should be an obvious leak that you would immediately notice. When you fire is there a huge cloud of gas that comes out the barrel or the chamber?

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Old May 9th, 2010, 15:21   #7
Trayne wr3ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco_Dante View Post
If the seals are seriously damaged there should be an obvious leak that you would immediately notice. When you fire is there a huge cloud of gas that comes out the barrel or the chamber?
Nope its not this either. This is why i am so confused. Everything I've tried indicates that nothing is wrong except for the fact that it just isn't working.

I'm going to properly re-test for leaks when i get a chance and get a new mag as soon as i can afford one. Hopefully I'll be able to figure this out.
Old May 9th, 2010, 15:33   #8
Disco_Dante

I tend to see a lot of guys carrying kjw glocks at games, you might want to try someone else's mag that you know works before you possibly waste $30 on another one. Sorry I couldn't help much.

Old May 29th, 2010, 23:44   #9
Trayne wr3ck

Problem solved. Seems the problem was a mix of fill valve stiffness and low gas pressure in tank. I used a full tank today and everything worked like a charm. Also I should note that I was previously using a plastic adapter but today i used a metal one which may have had an impact, however I have no way to know for sure.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner