Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KSC M11 Disassembly

:

Doctor's Corner

Old February 4th, 2007, 19:00   #1
Murdoch

Send a message via MSN to Murdoch
KSC M11 Disassembly

Hey all.. I'm trying to remove the metal bolt from a recently bought M11. I want to know how to remove the cocking handle from the bolt so it may be separated from the upper receiver. It seems there is a small drift pin a the front of the bolt holding another small pin in place, but it's quite tight and I don't want to hammer on it until I'm sure it's what I need to do. A forum search turned up the suggestion to use "more force to pull the knob from the bolt", but again, I hesitate to do that until it's a last resort.

If any of you have done this before please let me know how. Mucho thanks...

Murdoch...
Murdoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2007, 19:05   #2
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Been a while since I took my KSC M11 apart, but I think you have to pull the bolt back to where the circular cut out is in the slot, then twist (while pulling) and pull the knob out. It's really only held in place by a couple of spring loaded ball bearing, much like a socket set. You won't break anything!
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2007, 19:24   #3
Murdoch

Thanks Stalker, I'll give it a go now, and only because you seem to give the most helpful advice regarding the M11's Wish me luck...
Old February 4th, 2007, 20:08   #4
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Good luck and thanks. One of these days I'll get mine running better, it seems the oddball out of my guns (in that I have it and love it, but actually using it at games is difficult, mag carrying capability, reliability, etc.). Guess it'd help buying new mags, only have one semi working one now, and it half cocks once in a while when shooting.
Old February 4th, 2007, 20:21   #5
Murdoch

Well I didn't manage to remove the bolt but I found a way around it. I was able to remove the back plate from the bolt and get at the nozzle and blowback piston. I wanted to give it, and the hopup bucking, a dip in Isopropyl Alc. so it's turned out alright.

While I have your ear, can you confirm that KSC glock hopup rubbers can be used in the M11? I suppose considering the cost, it's worth a shot but I thought you might know...

Thanks,

Murdoch...
Old February 4th, 2007, 21:10   #6
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Got me on that, dunno if they can be used in the M11.

BTW, got me thinking, do you know how to remove the bolt from the upper? If not, need to remove the front pin, slide the upper forward, angle up and then press the cocking handle backwards to unhook the bolt form the lower. After that yo ucan remove the cokcing handle as I outlined above.

BTW, don't use alcohol to clean the rubber, use dishsoap and lots of warm water, then relube once it's dry. The alcohol will dry the rubber out really fast, is the last thing you want to do. KSC M11 is the only one that uses that shitty rubber from my knowledge that swells badly with silly oil, no idea why but it sucks ass and causes a lot of problems. None of the three KSC G19s I've owned nor my 6 mags have had the same problem as M11 related rubber. Nor have any of the dozen or so KSC GBBs guys I play with around here had, except KSC M11 owners.
Old February 6th, 2007, 17:14   #7
Murdoch

Well the rubber did end up going in the alcohol, but it wasn't for very long; so I used the soap and water to clean it up and let it dry. It does seem to be shooting better, but I do tend to get jams a few times per mag while on full auto. It may be mag cool down, but it's unlikely since it only takes ~2-3 seconds to empty the mag. I've ordered some new parts and a hopup rubber so I'll see how it turns out once they are installed.

BTW, I took some pics of the disassembly in case anyone who might do the same thing wanted to see. I never did get the cocking handle off; but it wasn't necessary in my case... If someone wanted to return the favor by scanning the manual that came with their KSC M11, it would be greatly appreciated.

Howlin' Mad Murdoch
Old February 6th, 2007, 18:40   #8
Murdoch

With the halves separated, check the workings of the trigger mech to see that it's not jammed by a bb... I'm sure you checked there but I have to suggest it.

If the rattle is coming from the top half, it's probably a bb you missed, but I can't see how one would get so far in there... Check the movement of the black plastic nozzle, and the metal one it surrounds. And for a laugh, check your mag, and try a known good one instead. Shout back with any new info or even pics.
Old February 6th, 2007, 18:42   #9
aZn_triXta07

It doesn't sound like a BB, like a small spring or screw maybe :S
aZn_triXta07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2007, 18:48   #10
Murdoch

So when cocked, the trigger will release the bolt, and nothing happens? OR When cocked, the trigger does NOT release the bolt? I need information Jim! I'm an airsofter, not a magician!
Old February 6th, 2007, 18:59   #11
aZn_triXta07

Ohkay, it WAS a bb that was making the noise, I'll give it another test ..oh yeah the bb was stuck in the back of the trigger mechanism lmao. When I shot it was cocked nothing happened and the bolt was released fyi
Old February 6th, 2007, 19:12   #12
Murdoch

Awsome man, glad you were able to fix it..

hell ya, just call me Dr Fantastic.
Old February 28th, 2007, 06:20   #13
Murdoch

Still no worky, eh? Did you want to try posting some pics of the t77 with the halves separated so we can see if anything is out of the ordinary?
Old February 28th, 2007, 08:46   #14
aZn_triXta07

I'll try to find some pictures, I actually have no idea how to disassemble it anymore than taking out the halves, I lost my manual for it lol
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner