Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Op-For/Terrorist/Rebel/Insurgents
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Shalwar Kameez/Perahan(Payraan) Tunbaan in Toronto?

:

Op-For/Terrorist/Rebel/Insurgents

Old April 18th, 2017, 10:29   #1
Kozure

Shalwar Kameez/Perahan(Payraan) Tunbaan in Toronto?

For fun, I'd like to put together an insurgent impression for an event this Friday, the 21st. That cuts down on the time I have to order stuff online so I'd like to try to get something that I can order from inside Canada or go to a walk-in bricks and mortar store.

I'm trying to find something like this: http://www.zarinas.com/payraan.shtml

I have an AEG, vest and a shemagh that fit the bill, I just need this Payraan Tunbaan combination.

Anyone know of any Canadian sources or, better yet, a brick and mortar store in Toronto that would carry these styles of clothes? There has to be some - there are large pakistani and afghan communities in Toronto.

Just to demonstrate I've done the legwork - I've found a number of online retailers who are selling exactly what I'm looking for - my challenge is getting something in my hands before Friday.

http://dev.afgclassics.com/mens-plai...n-tumbaan.html

http://opforsolutions.com/perahan-tunban-set.html

Last edited by Kozure; April 18th, 2017 at 15:47..
Kozure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 12:15   #2
JohnnyBoy

Have you tried clothing stores in local areas? Little India on Gerard st downtown may have plenty of clothing stores with stuff similar to what you're looking for.

You could also try secondhand stores in those community areas?
I'd try looking less for re-enactment/themed wear, and more for actual civilian wear. I used to be in a neighborhood where everyone wore these, I'm sure you can find some.

You could also try shops that sell sari's and middle eastern womens wear, ask if they have any idea where to find some?

Good luck.
JohnnyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 15:29   #3
Kozure

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy View Post
Have you tried clothing stores in local areas? Little India on Gerard st downtown may have plenty of clothing stores with stuff similar to what you're looking for.

You could also try secondhand stores in those community areas?
I'd try looking less for re-enactment/themed wear, and more for actual civilian wear. I used to be in a neighborhood where everyone wore these, I'm sure you can find some.

You could also try shops that sell sari's and middle eastern womens wear, ask if they have any idea where to find some?

Good luck.
I'll try some second hand stores in/near those communities. Unfortunately with the closure of Goodwill stores in Toronto, there's really only Salvation Army second hand stores and Value Villages left aside from the upscale "vintage clothing" places.

But that's a good suggestion. I'll look for Value Villages near Afghan/Pakistani communities. Thanks!

As you say, I'm not specifically looking for "re-enactor" outfits, but rather simply the civilian portion of it, which is why I'm referring to the names used by those communities.

Last edited by Kozure; April 18th, 2017 at 17:41..
Old April 18th, 2017, 15:35   #4
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid...,lf:1,lf_ui:10
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 16:15   #5
Kozure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee View Post
I wasn't googling "Islamic" because it isn't necessarily Islamic clothing. Following a number of those links, they are specifically formal, religious wear (as one might expect) and tend to be formal or 'fancy'. I'm looking for everyday wear.

Thanks for the idea, though. I may visit some of them anyway to see if they have anything.

Yes, I have tried googling "toronto afghan clothing store", "toronto pakistani clothing store" and "toronto afghani clothing store" and most of the results are formal wear stores. I also searched kijiji and craigslist. Kijiji came up with almost entirely women's bridal wear and craigslist had some kids clothing and women's clothing.

Last edited by Kozure; April 18th, 2017 at 16:27..
Old April 18th, 2017, 17:18   #6
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

North American Islamic Fashions carries "everyday" wear as well as fancy dress; I'm picking up what you are putting down what you are looking for.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 17:32   #7
Kozure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee View Post
North American Islamic Fashions carries "everyday" wear as well as fancy dress; I'm picking up what you are putting down what you are looking for.
I will see what I can find there. Visiting their website, it wasn't clear the everyday wear was available, since their search function and product categories seem very limited.

I did see the picture of some clothing that match the description; I'm disinclined to drive out there unless I'm sure they have what I'm looking for, but I'm going to do so anyway. Thank you for the suggestion.

Last edited by Kozure; April 18th, 2017 at 17:38..
Old April 24th, 2017, 15:52   #8
Kozure

This thread was non-functional for a while due to database errors.

I was able to find a shalwar kameez outfit (not quite the payraan tunbaan, but close enough for quick and informal impression purposes) going to a Value Village. Amusingly (and somewhat ignorantly), the Value Village management at the outlet I went to hung shalwar kameez(es) in the "Men's Pyjamas" section.

So, if you're looking for something similar to what I found, go to a Value Village and look in the men's pyjamas section. I actually found a number of them that worked perfectly.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Op-For/Terrorist/Rebel/Insurgents