Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Mp5 = wtf!?

:

Doctor's Corner

Old February 24th, 2012, 16:47   #1
Mr. G36!

Location: Beautiful Thunder Bay, where dreams become nightmares!
Mp5 = wtf!?

Okay, this is a new one as far as I know. Never even heard of this happening before, and I honestly can't think of any reason why this should be happening.

I'm trying to fix up an MP5, originally a Broxa, but now with a G&G lower Receiver. Internals are all stock.

Before you read ahead, know this: THE BATTERY IS FULLY CHARGED, AN WILL POWER ANY OTHER GUN I HAVE!

With the lower receiver screwed properly in place, the motor gets power fine. However, once the motor is actually installed, the gun fires once and then the motor stops getting power. At first, I thought that it was just jammed, but if I remove the motor from the grip and reattach the wires, it still gets no power. If I unscrew the lower and simply remove it (without even touching anything related to the mechbox or internals within), the motor magically gets power again, I can reinstall the lower properly and the motor still gets power. And then as soon as I install the motor in the grip, one shot and it stops getting power whether it's in the grip or not. Removal and reinstallation of the lower will again allow the motor to get power.

I honestly don't understand what's happening. At first, I thought the wiring itself must be damaged, but I checked it over and looks fine, and the motor runs perfectly until it's installed, and works perfectly after the lower is removed and reinstalled.

Am I just doing or missing some weird MP5-something or other? I can't figure this out after a full week of tinkering, so here I am...

...help, please?
Old February 24th, 2012, 16:56   #2
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
try again, when it stops remove the motor and turn it by hand then check if it's getting power. Your motor might have a burnt out spot. If that turns out to be it, you just need to replace the motor.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 17:10   #3
Mr. G36!

Location: Beautiful Thunder Bay, where dreams become nightmares!
I've tried that as well, but it didn't help. The only thing that seems to ALWAYS work is removing the lower receiver. And if I'm correct, the only way that that affects anything in the gun relates to the firing selector.
Old February 24th, 2012, 17:12   #4
HKGhost

yup, one side of the armature could be burnt or has carbon build up which prevents power from getting to it. Take the motor apart and clean the brushes and armature.

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 17:30   #5
Rusty Lugnuts
Fainting Goat, Dictator of Quinte West

IMHO you need to figure out whether the issue is the motor not getting power or the motor itself. I'm not familiar with your gun, if possible could you put it together without the motor but a meter connected to the motor leads, put the battery in and when you pull the trigger in both semi and full auto... if theres no problem you should read the battery voltage ~ every time hope this helps
Rusty Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 17:48   #6
kalnaren

Make sure your trigger is reassembled correctly. I had a similar issue with my G36 once.. drove me nuts. Mechbox worked fine out of the lower.. installed, fired once, no dice. Turned out I didn't replace a spring properly.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 18:42   #7
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Sounds like a short.
I've had similar things happen in M4s, much more common on MOSFET and SW-COMP modded guns.
The soldered trigger connections inside the mechbox are touching the mechbox shell, ending up causing a short to the MOSFET. But only shorts when the mechbox is in the lower receiver.
I've also seen bent armatures on motors do the same thing.
Try using a different motor, and closely inspecting your trigger switch and all it's contacts.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner