Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft First Person Shooter Cam

:

Airsoft Media

Old June 8th, 2008, 03:51   #1
ackme

Send a message via Skype™ to ackme
Airsoft First Person Shooter Cam

A video I made by attaching a camera to my gun barrel. This video was taken during a game in S. Korea.

Short version with HUD:
YouTube - airsoftkorea.org - Reality First Person Shooter

Longer version with more explanation:
YouTube - AirsoftKorea.org - Rifle Cam

VIDEO INFO:

Not too clear what is happening outside my gun barrel so here's the explanation: There were a lot more people playing than you see in the video (about 30). There were 2 groups on my team: Aplha and Bravo. I was initially following the smaller Bravo team. In the long version you can see the guy with the M14, he is the cover for Bravo team while they set up in the village. You never see alpha team, they went through the hills and were engaged the opfor going through the woods. The reason I wiped out so many is that I broke off from Bravo and took out the rear guard and dropped through into the basement of the house overlooking the group that were supressing Alpha. They didn't realize the rear guard was gone until too late.

If there are any games in BC during August, drop me a line. I'll be in town for most of the month.

GUN: JG AUG with Aimpoint (notice no orange tip, YAY KOREA)
CAMERA: SONY HC20
MOUNT: Lots and lots o' tape

Last edited by ackme; June 8th, 2008 at 04:28.. Reason: BS and BC are very different... my bad
ackme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 04:05   #2
arman

good videos...

playing with my kid!
arman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 04:25   #3
NovaKaynE

Did you get any lag or FPS drop? (frames per second) Just kidding.

Cool videos man!
Old June 8th, 2008, 05:26   #4
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Nice video. AUGs own

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 06:51   #5
six4

Send a message via MSN to six4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackme View Post
A video I made by attaching a camera to my gun barrel. This video was taken during a game in S. Korea.

Short version with HUD:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=9dFMmOrHhfo

Longer version with more explanation:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=mrzTtl1xH0o

VIDEO INFO:

Not too clear what is happening outside my gun barrel so here's the explanation: There were a lot more people playing than you see in the video (about 30). There were 2 groups on my team: Aplha and Bravo. I was initially following the smaller Bravo team. In the long version you can see the guy with the M14, he is the cover for Bravo team while they set up in the village. You never see alpha team, they went through the hills and were engaged the opfor going through the woods. The reason I wiped out so many is that I broke off from Bravo and took out the rear guard and dropped through into the basement of the house overlooking the group that were supressing Alpha. They didn't realize the rear guard was gone until too late.

If there are any games in BC during August, drop me a line. I'll be in town for most of the month.

GUN: JG AUG with Aimpoint (notice no orange tip, YAY KOREA)
CAMERA: SONY HC20
MOUNT: Lots and lots o' tape
cool videos,,i also make airsoft vids but i quit using youtube because of low picture quality and poor quality sound. what part of b.c.? in my area there are 2 outdoor airsoft dedicated playing fields,plus i can run a cqb game on the decommisioned b.c. ferryboat the "queen of sidney" during the summer months there is an airsoft game about every weekend plus i also run outdoor night games. also in langley there is the panther paintball field where vancouver op-for plays. plenty of airsoft options here,,,,
six4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 07:15   #6
Greenwolf
Talraga

Send a message via MSN to Greenwolf
good videos... and way to kick ass on the roof there!
Old June 8th, 2008, 08:13   #7
ackme

Quote:
Originally Posted by six4 View Post
cool videos,,i also make airsoft vids but i quit using youtube because of low picture quality and poor quality sound. what part of b.c.? in my area there are 2 outdoor airsoft dedicated playing fields,plus i can run a cqb game on the decommisioned b.c. ferryboat the "queen of sidney" during the summer months there is an airsoft game about every weekend plus i also run outdoor night games. also in langley there is the panther paintball field where vancouver op-for plays. plenty of airsoft options here,,,,
If you watch the HUD version in high quality you can see the stream of pellets easily. Youtube videos can be very high quality these days, as long as you click on "watch in high quality".

I'm going to be in Vancouver for the first 2 weeks of August, then Victoria. If there's going to be any games I'd love to join in. The only problem is that I would have to rent a gun off someone. I don't think think I could take my guns as carry on ....mabye the M92....

ps. to another post: The AUG really does kick ass, that's why the camera is on it. It's the only gun that balances well enough with a camera. i tried an M4 and a G36C with the camera, so shaky it wasn't watchable. Put it on the AUG, bam, stable without even trying.

Going to try a 2 camera setup in the forest with my sniper rifle when my leg heals up (watch the vid to about 1m to c how). The problem with making these videos is that noone really knows that I'm doing it (who isn't close) so I have to compromise getting good footage with getting shot before I can film anything. It took over an 4 hours of playing to get a good enough round with enough angles/action to make a video out of.
Old June 8th, 2008, 12:42   #8
M0nKeY

is airsft really big in korea? im headin there with a friend this summer
M0nKeY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 12:54   #9
Lakonian
kos

lol... perfect example of why you should have good trigger discipline. I heard that aug sound off when you took a tumble... lol.
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 14:12   #10
ColtFarmer

Send a message via MSN to ColtFarmer
those were actually really cool vids! Thanks!
Old June 8th, 2008, 14:15   #11
Skladfin

lol "I almost broke my leg...."

"and then I cried for a while"
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 15:58   #12
Wilson

Cool field.

Interesting idea with the first person shooter, but it's not really my thing. I don't play airsoft with the intent of simulating another simulation - but its neat to see creative videos!
Old June 8th, 2008, 19:49   #13
ackme

to kos: what you heard was the strap sliding as I fell, not the gun going off. I still managed to surprise the guy in the grass 20 feet away after I got up (that was when the camera was off). The trigger of the AUG is quite heavy and it's hard to pull by accident.

to monkey: airsoft here is huge but it's hard to break into. Most teams don't even have one person who speaks English and games are arranged in Korean. A Fillipino guy who joined us a while ago said that he'd been trying to find a place to play for 2 years. If you want to play, join our facebook group and we'll help you get hooked up with everything. If you are coming to the greater Seoul area you can play with us, we play every Sunday.

All koreans are ex-military so it adds an extra edge to the game. All the koreans on my team were part of the same special forces unit.
Old June 8th, 2008, 19:50   #14
ackme

to wilson: that wasn't really my intention when I started, I just brought the camera and it kinda went from there.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media