Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G&P/WA WOC m4a1 clear lower receiver functionality and reliability?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 25th, 2016, 05:53   #1
Activist
Airsoft SJW - potential hazard on the streets beware......

G&P/WA WOC m4a1 clear lower receiver functionality and reliability?

The clear lower receiver is $299.99 where as the version with a metal lower is $529.99 ($229 more) and it appears that they are both the exact same gun internally and externally other than the lower receiver being plastic.

Is this correct, and if so - does the clear lower affect reliability? Is it likely to take damage from the internals operating? For example can I upgrade the bolt/recoil and springs in the clear lower ver. The same way I can on the full metal?

Also are there any other (lower) receivers that will be compatible with the wa/g&p?
Activist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2016, 10:01   #2
SuperCriollo

That WOC with a clear receiver is vestige of the dark times of airsoft in Canada. I vaguely remember cases of them cracking under normal use. I would never buy that gun, except maybe to see the internal mechanisms working when firing, which is kinda neat lol.

The WOC is an outdated platform. As you will be spending money replacing the bolt, the charging handle, and in this case, possibility the lower which is pretty expensive.

Furthermore, there is a good chance that the cheaper gun is actually a WOC X, which has all pot metal internals. Meaning that you'd need to replace pretty much everything eventually...

So, you may be wondering, what to get now ? The answer is either a GHK M4 or the new Marui M4 GBBR !
VFC, is close to release a line of GBBRs with forged receivers which look promising as well.

SuperCriollo

Last edited by SuperCriollo; April 25th, 2016 at 10:03..
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2016, 10:05   #3
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Yeah, don't bother with that clear lower junk.

Save and invest in a GHK or MWS, double the price, but worth it.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2016, 15:15   #4
Kungpow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Activist View Post
The clear lower receiver is $299.99 where as the version with a metal lower is $529.99 ($229 more) and it appears that they are both the exact same gun internally and externally other than the lower receiver being plastic.

Is this correct, and if so - does the clear lower affect reliability? Is it likely to take damage from the internals operating? For example can I upgrade the bolt/recoil and springs in the clear lower ver. The same way I can on the full metal?

Also are there any other (lower) receivers that will be compatible with the wa/g&p?
I snagged a AGM M4 GBB for $100 New and as it turns out it almost wasn't worth it. I had to replace a lot of parts for the gun to function correctly. If you buy this G&P WOC you are paying for a gun with a receiver that breaks +$100 and a few other problems with the charging handle and hammer assembly +$50-80. So its not that great of a deal....
Kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2016, 15:21   #5
Activist
Airsoft SJW - potential hazard on the streets beware......

Thank you for your guy's input; I will steer clear!
Activist is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion