:

Gear Discussion

Closed Thread

Old March 9th, 2011, 16:23   #1
MilanWG
Perroz Designs

Misconceiving ASC & EBay sellers

I recently have had enough of this BS.

First I bought some items from an ASC seller on the classifieds who did not fully disclose the wear, condition and brand of the items he sold me.
The items turned out to be well used/worn and covered up with black spray paint in an attempt to hid their true condition.

The ASC seller only answered their PMs before and during the sale - not after I had the items in my hand and had to figure out I had been hoozed.

And second, today I got some HeyFuckFace patches I ordered on Ebay which turn out to be nothing like what the seller advertised the ads pictures.
The patches are replicas which are the wrong size and shape with bad stitching and type. I ordered a black/white version and a multicam version - the multicam version was simply straight green.

What the fuck is going on!? I have had it with misconceiving sellers.

When I sell something, be it on ASC or any other online forum, I make it my priority to take good pictures from different angles and to fully disclose the condition and quality of each item I sell.

I don't like to leave negative feedback with people because they tend to just deny it and leave you negative feedback aswell.

I feel like I can't trust any seller now...
Old March 9th, 2011, 16:27   #2
Cheesevillage

Man up and leave negative. 'Course, this coming from a guy who has only had good transactions on ASC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by femina View Post
Okay, I recently went to art show. One of exhibit had huge panoramic canvas pictures of landscape photos taken with a digital camera. These pictures were nice and huge. The canvas was attached to a wooden stretcher frame for direct hanging on a wall without need for a frame. Do you know any more on this subject? Where can I go for additional information on this subject?
Old March 9th, 2011, 16:29   #3
Spawn28
I am manly hear me squeek

Send a message via MSN to Spawn28
Name of ASC member that Hoozed ya?
Old March 9th, 2011, 16:30   #4
MilanWG
Perroz Designs

I don't want to name names - that's not my style.

But he knows who he is. If I leave negative feedback watch it come right back at me...
Old March 9th, 2011, 16:35   #5
Spawn28

As far as i know its is a bannable offence for a seller to give negative feedback as a retaliation.
And if this seller is really that bad i think we as a community should know who he is so we dont get hoozed in the same way you did. It might also make this guy/girl smarten the fuck up when selling items
Old March 9th, 2011, 16:38   #6
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

It's not taking part of a "style" when naming people that are scamming people. I see it as a favor for everyone else. And a slap to the guy that is not straight in his deals.

I would not tolerate this kind of conduct in a face to face deal, why would it be tolerable online?

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
Old March 9th, 2011, 16:39   #7
Spawn28

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post
It's not taking part of a "style" when naming people that are scamming people. I see it as a favor for everyone else. And a slap to the guy that is not straight in his deals.

I would not tolerate this kind of conduct in a face to face deal, why would it be tolerable online?
My point Exactly

Off original topic but how come the word fuck i can see but if i type Pen-is minuse the "-" it shows up as ***** WTF? ASC Priorities.

Last edited by Spawn28; March 9th, 2011 at 16:42..
Old March 9th, 2011, 16:40   #8
MilanWG
Perroz Designs

I agree. I have sent the ASC user a PM asking for a refund.

If they don't want to respond/comply - I will leave negative feedback and contact an ASC admin with my complaint.
Old March 9th, 2011, 16:40   #9
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

I feel for you man, really.
I've been taken on rides before and it sucks, so don't think me insensitive but...

You bought used merchandise that you did not personally inspect before hand.

What did you expect?
Old March 9th, 2011, 16:41   #10
MilanWG
Perroz Designs

How can I personally inspect it online?

I have bought a ton of items from ASC (I have been a member since 2003) and never had a problem like this before.
Old March 9th, 2011, 16:42   #11
T_A_N_K

Milan, they brought it upon themselves. Would you not call out some who was not calling hits at a game? This is the same thing. Let your fellow members of a community you appreciate know who is an asshat and who is to avoid.

I've been burned twice on this forum, and I had no problem calling them out, I even pm'ed an Mod to ask for their AV status revoked.
Old March 9th, 2011, 16:45   #12
Rugger_can

I remember when Fraudulent representation was a crime and not a business strategy.
Old March 9th, 2011, 16:48   #13
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

Again, I didn't want to play shit disturber, but I was brought up to understand that buying used was another form of gambling.

Buying used online just seems like busting high stakes to me unless you have a trusted referral of one type or another.
Old March 9th, 2011, 16:52   #14
MilanWG
Perroz Designs

I have bought countless items here on ASC since 2003 and had zero problems.

In this case the items were not fully disclosed as to their condition/wear/make/brand.

I am in contact with the member and they are not fully owning up to their responsibility as a seller - they are offering a $10 refund on a $100 purchase.

I am very close to calling them out publicly and leaving negative feedback.

I know you guys are calling for this - but I am giving them a chance to make right first.
Old March 9th, 2011, 17:19   #15
kalnaren

There's a reason I don't buy shit on ASC classifieds anymore unless it's from an actual, reputable retailer. I've been fucked on -I shit you not- the last 4 non-BNIB gun purchases I've done. The items ranged in crappiness from "not as described" to "this is technically fraud". I've only done one gear purchase (and it went fine), but the guns alone is enough to not make me do any more. Actually, I've only done 2 used gun purchases I was happy with -one of them was from a long time member and another was done in person, face-to-face.

I left negative feedback in every circumstance. When I complained to the person, I got either "Oh sorry I forgot about that detail", "It wasn't like that when I shipped it" or just plain ignored. The last gun I sold I also did face-to-face, to both protect myself and the buyer. A friend of mine sold a gun on here and had the seller send him no less than 30 PM's bitching about every little single thing they could find trying to get a partial refund, despite a completely accurate description with pictures in the FS add.

So, for me, face-to-face, BNIB, or reputable retailer. Otherwise, fuck the ASC classifieds.

I'm very much of the same attitude with ScamBay, er, EBay. If the seller has less than 100% positive feedback or less than a few thousand people giving feedback I don't even bother. Having said, following those rules the couple of scambay purchases I made over the last few years were fine.

/rant

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."

Last edited by kalnaren; March 9th, 2011 at 17:35..
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion