Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ARGG!!! PTW VS bolt action? Fair battle?...(Rant)

:

General

Old April 10th, 2011, 16:19   #16
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

It's not the rifle, it's how you use it.
But with a clone rifle, you have to be pretty clever and close to your target to use it properly.

And I don't find PTW being so different from other AEG on the field.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2011, 16:38   #17
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Agreed, tho I must say i started with a TSD SD700 a VSR10 clone I went PSS10 Cyl, piston, enhanced sears, a 6.02 inner,aded an o-ring on the cyl head threads and even tho it only shots 400 fps on the really dead stock spring (dont worrie i have a sp150 comming lol) id say it outranges most aegs and is more acurate and effective at a longer range due to well tuned hop and .28 or .30
im sure with the 150 spring it'll really shine, that and i need a harder nub in the hop, like i said i use near full hop as it is now, and i figuer i can really get an improvement in groupings and range at 500fps with .20's then prolly get some .32's and more hop

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post
It's not the rifle, it's how you use it.
But with a clone rifle, you have to be pretty clever and close to your target to use it properly.

And I don't find PTW being so different from other AEG on the field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2011, 17:01   #18
Drunk_Albertan

Thats what I'm refering to. "Proper upgrades". I'm no bolt action sniper by any means, never have been. Spring will always be more consistent than gas. I'm not here to get into a sniper pissing contest, just saying that what I do know of spring sniper rifles is that some parts don't work that well with some brands of rifles. Research is the key to build a reliable rifle.
Old April 10th, 2011, 17:22   #19
Cheesevillage

I've always thought it would be interesting to lower the FPS limit of full auto guns to allow the BAs more breathing room.

I bet no one would go for it though.

Be something like:
-AEGs: 350fps
-semi auto only AEGs: 375fps
-BA: 475fps

Quote:
Originally Posted by femina View Post
Okay, I recently went to art show. One of exhibit had huge panoramic canvas pictures of landscape photos taken with a digital camera. These pictures were nice and huge. The canvas was attached to a wooden stretcher frame for direct hanging on a wall without need for a frame. Do you know any more on this subject? Where can I go for additional information on this subject?
Cheesevillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2011, 18:06   #20
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

That is baisicly what we do now, 400fps aegs, 450 BA then you can get certified to use highter fps in a BA up to 550 (lvl3) really we should be aloud that anyhow but it is a great thing that we have to prove to the comunity we can use higher fps safely befor we actually game them it keeps everyone a bit more at ease but in the end we have a 150 fps "bonus"
Quote:
Thanks Hectic,
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old April 10th, 2011, 18:08   #21
KNIVEZS

i saw you running a BA yesterday and you could not hit a guy
within 100 feet, you tried to shoot him three time then ended up mercy killing him
and also next time call your hits , i was standing 50 feet away from you when i saw my team mate
who's defending the satellite objective shot you, you've reacted on the hit but you kept running away

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
Tip of the day: When removing a chain of anal beads from your lovers rectum. Do not pull them out as if you were attempting to start a lawn mower.

sexy time
KNIVEZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2011, 18:23   #22
L473ncy

But a high FPS doesn't matter. You still need your projectile to be stable and the best way to achieve that is to run it at a slightly lower power/FPS (I would say 380-420 is around the sweet spot).

@OP: As for the PTW vs BA.... Well.... that's exactly what we're talking about when we tell noobs to not go for that kind of stuff since they'll be severely outgunned. I'm not implying you're a noob but if you're a "pretty good" player and get outgunned by PTW's then total newbies with BA's will get slaughtered by PTW's and regular AEG's.
Old April 10th, 2011, 20:43   #23
Hectic

I do call my hits and I'm sure like everyone I don't feel or hear every hit, in a ghilie for sure , just holler at me Ill take yer word for it lol or you can shot me again or say something to the host. as for my rifle it is a mess was shooting sub 400 And doin some spiral thing I am tearing it apart to have a look at the hop up and have a spring comming only mercy kill i recall was a guy who threw a knife at me and hit my rifle lol
Quote:
Thanks Hectic,
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft

Last edited by Hectic; April 10th, 2011 at 22:24..
Old April 10th, 2011, 23:23   #24
J-Man19

knives was referring to the OP
J-Man19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 00:00   #25
kolumbo69

KNIVES: Didn't realize you were out, next time I have to try to make my way around and introduce myself.

As for the BA role if you aren't running heavy ammo and DOT 44 its pointless

I try my best to listen to all hits on my equipment (PC with Hydro) but sometimes it's impossible without a heavy twack to it IE: why aegs are better cause you can shoot a quick burst in semi auto tap them with a few.

As for the campers not sure who you were referring to all games eventually turn defensive unless the objective is constantly moving. I thought the first game of VIP hill attack was pretty much text book for suppressive fire movement.
kolumbo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2011, 23:31   #26
highny

I'm not sure what you mean Knives or who you were directing that at. I think you maybe talking about me. Anyhow, if what you says was what I thought, I didn't realized/feel the hit until I turn around and saw someone pointing a gun at me. I was running really hard to avoid being hit.

Kolumbo69, that VIP game was a joke. I manage to sneak all the way around to their end of the map and kill 3 guys, but the armor rule kept them alive and gave my position up.. So stupid...

Upping BA fps and downing AEGs isn't a good solution... It'll just make more noobie who want to hurt people go for BA...

Long story short... I just wanted to rant about Systema being the top of the airsoft pyramid and how more and more people are running it... I have a ton of gun running my BA, just sometimes when your pinned by a systema, your screwed....
highny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2011, 00:42   #27
J-Man19

Was it beans that said something along the lines of:
more pew pew, less qq.
J-Man19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2011, 01:14   #28
StRiCkEn

PTWs aren't the king/god of airsoft... I've honestly not once ever been like "aw shit this guy has a PTW, I'm screwed."

Nothing against them, they are great and all.

Airsoft is a good portion player skill. I'm sure you've heard some random say this line before at one time or another, but it's true.

"I've seen guys running a stock TM kick the crap out of guys running <super upgraded omg gun>"

It's true.
StRiCkEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2011, 01:28   #29
Cheesevillage

Quote:
Originally Posted by StRiCkEn View Post
PTWs aren't the king/god of airsoft... I've honestly not once ever been like "aw shit this guy has a PTW, I'm screwed."

Nothing against them, they are great and all.

Airsoft is a good portion player skill. I'm sure you've heard some random say this line before at one time or another, but it's true.

"I've seen guys running a stock TM kick the crap out of guys running <super upgraded omg gun>"

It's true.

I think this thread is about the seasoned vet who knows how to competitively run a stock TM and decides to buy a systema.

Anyways, TLDR: buy a good AEG if you want to go toe to toe with the rich "professional training weapon" crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by femina View Post
Okay, I recently went to art show. One of exhibit had huge panoramic canvas pictures of landscape photos taken with a digital camera. These pictures were nice and huge. The canvas was attached to a wooden stretcher frame for direct hanging on a wall without need for a frame. Do you know any more on this subject? Where can I go for additional information on this subject?
Cheesevillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2011, 01:50   #30
Rugger_can

Consider the following tactic to help improve your experience.

Find and occupy a location where you suspect the enemy will pass through but not linger in.

Determine their possible approach and Setup your weapon to give you maximum firing arc on the most likely possible approach.

Wait until enemies enter your area. Radio your team quietly to inform them of the enemy presence.

Hold off firing until the target(s) are in an optimal range and location, preferably one away from quick access to cover.

This kind of tactic will give you a lot more satisfaction than trying to use a BA rifle as a longarm and trotting about the field.

Cheers.
Rugger_can is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General