Being an airsoft sniper

:

Newbie Tank

Old August 17th, 2010, 08:12   #16
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
the only thing that gives away your position in CQB when shooting people is that damn "HEADSHOT" sound....
wait, I thought that was only in my head. you can hear it too? wicked!
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 08:28   #17
Zeonprime

Location: Waterloo, kitchener, guelph, mississauga, north east toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldin View Post
9. Pr@ct1c1ng y0ur 1337 5k1llZ in y0ur 3p1c backyard, upping your XP @ sh00ting at cardb0ard fr0/\/\ 15ft, 0r ta|< ing y0ur c@t's 3y3 0ut.
I think I had an aneurysm trying to read that.

Quote:
Be safe not just with yourself, but those you play with. If you are reckless with other peoples safety then you will leave.
Zeonprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 08:38   #18
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeonprime View Post
I think I had an aneurysm trying to read that.
Is it sad that I've dealt with so many retards that I could read it like it was perfect english?
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 09:11   #19
GRIM
PMC84X - AV Status Revoked.

I would suggest people TRY out a sniper before going into it... I know tons of people that go out dumb $500+ on a Sniper Rifle, Ghillie and all the goodies, then end up selling it after their 1st or 2nd game.
GRIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 09:35   #20
Zeonprime

Location: Waterloo, kitchener, guelph, mississauga, north east toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelusNex View Post
Is it sad that I've dealt with so many retards that I could read it like it was perfect english?
Yes...yes it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmc84x View Post
I would suggest people TRY out a sniper before going into it... I know tons of people that go out dumb $500+ on a Sniper Rifle, Ghillie and all the goodies, then end up selling it after their 1st or 2nd game.
Many many many new players want to start off sniping. Best thing to do is educate the ones that are smart enough to ask the questions. If they still want to snipe after receiving that information than all the power to them.

The person that started this thread has made the effort to start researching the role.

Quote:
Be safe not just with yourself, but those you play with. If you are reckless with other peoples safety then you will leave.
Zeonprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 13:46   #21
HAVOC

The sniper clinic is a mandatory class if you want to play on most fields in Ontario as a sniper. It will help you with your gear and movements but it's main goal is SAFETY. I don't think anyone wants to be shot by a 500 fps rifle by someone who is 30 feet away. Make sure you have a working sidearm for targets within your minimum safe distance.

The clinic is not free but none of the money will be going to the instructors. It is paying for the Field and food if any is available. If anyone wants to attend a clinic they should PM Sha do and he will be able to tell you who the instructor is for your area.

Also. No one should be actively seeking head shots. If the target leaves you nothing but the head as a shot then it's fair game.

Do the research. Take the clinic. Above all... Be safe.

You are never surrounded or outnumbered... You're in a target rich environment!
Tresspassers will be shot... Survivers will be shot again!

Last edited by HAVOC; August 19th, 2010 at 13:51..
HAVOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 14:06   #22
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAVOC View Post
The sniper clinic is a mandatory class if you want to play on most fields in Ontario as a sniper. It will help you with your gear and movements but it's main goal is SAFETY. I don't think anyone wants to be shot by a 500 fps rifle by someone who is 30 feet away. Make sure you have a working sidearm for targets within your minimum safe distance.

The clinic is not free but none of the money will be going to the instructors. It is paying for the Field and food if any is available. If anyone wants to attend a clinic they should PM Sha do and he will be able to tell you who the instructor is for your area.

Also. No one should be actively seeking head shots. If the target leaves you nothing but the head as a shot then it's fair game.

Do the research. Take the clinic. Above all... Be safe.
When it comes to Havoc, all you see is the blinding glare from the sun shining off his head.

Sniper clinic will be held soon (comming in fall). There are other clinics held in other provinces run by their instructors as well.

Its a very good course and I highly recommend it.

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 14:17   #23
Spawn28
I am manly hear me squeek

Send a message via MSN to Spawn28
Well all i can say is after my first year of sniping is Patience alot of it but if your a paitient guy like me all is good. As far as the clinics go if your green to sniping ya by all means take it. But for me and all the feilds i attend they arent manditory so i dont see a reason to take it. Besides and this is my personal opinion the certifications obtained by these clinics dont hold credit for me anyways the way i see it is why should one guy get shoot hotter just because he has a paper from someone i have never met or played with? This is not a personal attack on anybody!Ya these clinics teach you about minimun engagement distances and alot of other valuble information but to be honest whats stopping a guy/girl with certs from breakin the rules. I for one dont wanna take the chance. Again this isnt a attack or me saying not to take it this is just one mans opinion.
Old August 19th, 2010, 14:25   #24
DarkAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn28 View Post
Well all i can say is after my first year of sniping is Patience alot of it but if your a paitient guy like me all is good. As far as the clinics go if your green to sniping ya by all means take it. But for me and all the feilds i attend they arent manditory so i dont see a reason to take it. Besides and this is my personal opinion the certifications obtained by these clinics dont hold credit for me anyways the way i see it is why should one guy get shoot hotter just because he has a paper from someone i have never met or played with? This is not a personal attack on anybody!Ya these clinics teach you about minimun engagement distances and alot of other valuble information but to be honest whats stopping a guy/girl with certs from breakin the rules. I for one dont wanna take the chance. Again this isnt a attack or me saying not to take it this is just one mans opinion.
Primarily its to teach and understand safety. You are correct, it doesnt mean that it will stop someone from shooting unsafely and in no way does it classify someone as an expert. However it adds that extra element of knowledge and experience to weed out the COD headshot snipers from those who are genuinely interested. We try to force them into an environment in which they see and understand how to think and move like a sniper, as well as the differences between a Sniper and a Marksman.

When I first took the course 2-3 years ago for my level 2, I had no intention in becomming a sniper. I did not even own a BA. I took the course (With an armalite) to understand the behaviour and thought process of snipers so that I could learn to effectively counter them better. Over the years, I developed more of a desire to play the role and it eventually ended up with me picking up an M24.

The final thing is that it also adds accountability to the sniper. Snipers who break the rules and play unsafely are stripped of their "status" (often publically if the incident is significant enough) and all the major hosts are notified of such infractions. Most of the Ontario field hosts allow for the Higher FPS limits allowed through the certification program due to the success we have had in conditioning and teaching new BA Users.

Through this success, we have started opening up clinics in many other provinces, including quebec, saskatchewan, bc etc.

Last edited by DarkAngel; August 19th, 2010 at 14:28..
Old August 19th, 2010, 14:27   #25
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn28 View Post
This is not a personal attack on anybody!Ya these clinics teach you about minimun engagement distances and alot of other valuble information but to be honest whats stopping a guy/girl with certs from breakin the rules. I for one dont wanna take the chance. Again this isnt a attack or me saying not to take it this is just one mans opinion.
Paul/Shado are pretty strict and serious about the consequences of violating the rules, disqualifying you from the list and in essence informing all the host to ban you from their games is one deterent, if there are issue swith a certain shooter you should contact/inform the host immediately. Rules are not perfect but they are there to ensure that all operators of high FPS BA/AEG have the requirement or safety knowledge of their weapons functions, safety engagement and mutual respect, if an operator is to be an ass then it's up to the host and you to do something about it
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2010, 11:34   #26
sirtaco27

9. Pr@ct1c1ng y0ur 1337 5k1llZ in y0ur 3p1c backyard, upping your XP @ sh00ting at cardb0ard fr0/\/\ 15ft, 0r ta|< ing y0ur c@t's 3y3 0ut.

10. Bringing a red dot scope or ACOG like CoD4. No lie I was playing and I saw a 14 year old with a red dot.

But yeah, unless you know what being a sniper is, don't jump headfirst into it.

Perks:
Bloody BB
BB Magnet
Steady Aim

Last edited by sirtaco27; August 20th, 2010 at 11:38..
sirtaco27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2010, 11:39   #27
DarkAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtaco27 View Post

10. Bringing a red dot scope or ACOG like CoD4. No lie I was playing and I saw a 14 year old with a red dot.
Acogs arent Red dots. They are magnified optics.

Theres nothing wrong with shooting with red dots or acogs.
Hell, some of my best long distance shots were with Ironsights... on an TM MP5A5... Bone Stock... with an approximate distance of 200-250ft.

Airsoft isnt Real Steel, You cant acheive the distance of real steel, so magnified optics (while they help) are not crucial to your success.
Acogs (being a 3-4x) is actually perfect for airsoft. You dont NEED 12x magnification.

Old August 20th, 2010, 13:32   #28
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

ARG that's one of the very few things about the hurt locker that really pissed me off, they showed the 4x32 ACOG's as being red dots
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 22:16   #29
Pvt Night Fury

I just got my L96a1 from UKA, and i wanted to know, what is sniper protocal (Rules, ect.) thank you!
Pvt Night Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank