Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Looking for a chest rig..

:

Gear Discussion

Old March 19th, 2018, 11:04   #1
Ourindar

Looking for a chest rig..

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of trying to find a new chest rig, and I'm having a bit of a rough time.
My old rig is a Condor Modular Rig (this guy: https://www.condoroutdoor.com/condor-cs.aspx). It fit extremely well, was very comfortable and didn't slow me down or restrict my movement.
Unfortunately, now it's starting to fall apart, plus I've changed from an M4 primary to a Scorpion EVO, so the M4 mag pouches are kinda wasteful (though they don't take up much space).

I've been looking for a new rig for some time now, and I can't seem to find one I like. I'm looking to spend more on this one than the Condor ($200-$300 ideally, can't afford to put together a Crye rig even if I wanted to), but I keep running into the same problems.
1) A lot of chest rigs are teensy-tiny. I'm looking for something with a good amount of MOLLE, not a glorified brassiere.
2) I don't really want a plate carrier; every one I've tried on has felt really restrictive. I play very aggressively - not being able to turn my head as well or having pressure on my sides doesn't suit me at all.
3) I'm a bit of a bigger guy (fat, not muscle.. not like morbidly obese but my stomach is an inch or two bigger than my chest). A lot of the stuff I find, I'm worried about the fit.

I don't need the hydration carrier from the Condor rig, or the M4 pouches. I'd like even more MOLLE if possible.

If anyone has any recommendations, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Ourindar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2018, 11:35   #2
BobbyDangerous

Check the 5.11 chest rig. I have one it’s pretty decent.

BA Level 3 Certified
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2018, 12:52   #3
Okawesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ourindar View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of trying to find a new chest rig, and I'm having a bit of a rough time.

My old rig is a Condor Modular Rig (this guy: https://www.condoroutdoor.com/condor-cs.aspx). It fit extremely well, was very comfortable and didn't slow me down or restrict my movement.

Unfortunately, now it's starting to fall apart, plus I've changed from an M4 primary to a Scorpion EVO, so the M4 mag pouches are kinda wasteful (though they don't take up much space).

I've been looking for a new rig for some time now, and I can't seem to find one I like. I'm looking to spend more on this one than the Condor ($200-$300 ideally, can't afford to put together a Crye rig even if I wanted to), but I keep running into the same problems.

1) A lot of chest rigs are teensy-tiny. I'm looking for something with a good amount of MOLLE, not a glorified brassiere.

2) I don't really want a plate carrier; every one I've tried on has felt really restrictive. I play very aggressively - not being able to turn my head as well or having pressure on my sides doesn't suit me at all.

3) I'm a bit of a bigger guy (fat, not muscle.. not like morbidly obese but my stomach is an inch or two bigger than my chest). A lot of the stuff I find, I'm worried about the fit.

I don't need the hydration carrier from the Condor rig, or the M4 pouches. I'd like even more MOLLE if possible.

If anyone has any recommendations, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Check out greyghostgear.ca for their GGG brand chest rig and Tactical Tailor MAV.

Good prices, Canadian business, should be good sizing for you.

I bought the TT Rogue chest rig from them last Black Friday. That might be small for you but their other options are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2018, 18:30   #4
Ourindar

Thanks for the responses guys!
I was looking at 5.11, what model is it you have? If it's the TacTec, can you get a MOLLE 'bib' for the front?

Likewise for the Tactical Tailor stuff, I noticed the 2-piece MAV isn't compatible with the bib. Anyone with experience with the 1-piece; how hard is it to don/doff?
Old March 19th, 2018, 19:14   #5
Kungpow

Quote:
I was looking at 5.11, what model is it you have? If it's the TacTec, can you get a MOLLE 'bib' for the front?

Likewise for the Tactical Tailor stuff, I noticed the 2-piece MAV isn't compatible with the bib. Anyone with experience with the 1-piece; how hard is it to don/doff?
There are US surplus MOLLE vests that you can pick up. There are the FLC Vest, RACK Vest and MMV Vest.
If you want to go light weight I would look into the laser cut MOLLE webbing. Blue Force Gear, Condor and ICE Tactical make laser cut MOLLE vests.

If you want a plate carrier there are a few minimalist ones, but they have limited MOLLE attachment points.

TM Glock 18 "Upgraded"

AGM M4A1 GBBR "Upgraded"

King Arms M4A1 GBBR
Kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2018, 21:34   #6
Flaming Salami

I'd check out the Tactical Tailor MAV, either 2 piece or 1 piece. If you get an x-harness on the back you can modify for all sorts of different play. I use a similar one from CP Gear, but they don't sell it anymore even though it is essentially a MAV 2.

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/mavbody2piece.aspx

Last edited by Flaming Salami; March 28th, 2018 at 22:24..
Flaming Salami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2018, 23:17   #7
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

The TT Rudder Rac is a great rig too, a little more MOLLE than the MAV but it wont take a bib either.

If you're looking for something with a bib you'd probably be into a Rhodesian Recon Vest (RRV). The Eagle industries RRV is very good, Pantac and FLYYE make good quality, more moderately priced versions. RRV's are pretty modular, you can get back MOLLE panels and packs that will replace the simple harness if you evre want.

Edit: Also check out the HSGI Neo chest rig it looks super lightweight.

Last edited by Kozzie; March 20th, 2018 at 18:41..
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2018, 00:29   #8
BobbyDangerous

Quote:

I don’t know about the bib. That doesn’t matter to me unless you want to run a pistol up there. I just have 4 m14 mags on it 2 pistol and my Glock.

BA Level 3 Certified
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2018, 13:44   #9
Silverback93

If you're interesting in the 5.11, I have one for sale!
Silverback93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2018, 11:35   #10
Katipunero

Anyone have the OPS Minimo chest rig?

Also in the market to get a chest rig, having never run one before. I just bought the Spiritus Systems mk3 chassis with the intention of running it on a plate carrier, but now I want to try it on a chest rig with a little bit more real estate on the sides than just running the mk3 by itself.

Seems like the only modular chest rig I can find with a velcro front panel is the OPS minimo or the ferro concepts rig. OPS shoulder harness looks to be the most robust I've seen other than condor harness like the ronin.

Opinions?
Katipunero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2018, 04:09   #11
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

LBX showed their modular system at Shot Show 2018, looks pretty cool. They have whole whack of stuff including a micro and reg size chest rig that work with their panels from the Armatus 2. Isn't on their website yet, don't know when it'll be set for release.

Last edited by Kozzie; April 1st, 2018 at 15:36..
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2018, 10:42   #12
Ourindar

I'm looking into getting a Tasmanian Tiger Modular Chest Rig now, take a look at that, Katipunero.
Old April 3rd, 2018, 12:52   #13
Katipunero

Quote:
I'm looking into getting a Tasmanian Tiger Modular Chest Rig now, take a look at that, Katipunero.
Looks promising. However, it seems to cover a bit too much for my taste.
Granted, it has a lot of real estate, the shoulder pads look adequately padded, and it has a bib.

I think my only concern is that it looks like it sits too low going towards the waist.
Old April 4th, 2018, 12:59   #14
Kozure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okawesome View Post
Check out greyghostgear.ca for their GGG brand chest rig and Tactical Tailor MAV.

Good prices, Canadian business, should be good sizing for you.

I bought the TT Rogue chest rig from them last Black Friday. That might be small for you but their other options are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the recommendation - Canadian manufacturer, good looking gear and reasonable prices! I'm all set for chest rigs and plate carriers right now, but I know where I'm going for my next set.
Kozure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2018, 10:38   #15
Katipunero

Anybody know if the tasmanian tiger gear is swift clip compatible?

Or do they use their own proprietary clip system?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion