Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CSOR

:

Canadian

Old December 16th, 2015, 12:57   #331
ravan318

does anyone know what plate carrier CSOR uses? 6094? NCPC? CPC?
ravan318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2015, 13:18   #332
Trayne wr3ck

I've seen a variety.

6094 both slick and molle, S&S Plateframe, FCPC, APC etc.

Pretty much anything low profile.
Old December 16th, 2015, 23:21   #333
ravan318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayne wr3ck View Post
I've seen a variety.

6094 both slick and molle, S&S Plateframe, FCPC, APC etc.

Pretty much anything low profile.
How about CPC? Crye CAGE Plate Carrier?
Old December 17th, 2015, 16:52   #334
FAZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravan318 View Post
How about CPC? Crye CAGE Plate Carrier?
CPC & AVS both seen:

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/politi...nder-the-radar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhoJ0RyPpxs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7_U-1PZjwY
Old December 17th, 2015, 19:27   #335
-=ArchAngel=-

I didnt watch through very thoroughly, but are you sure those arent some variant of the TYR Pico? I saw some JPCs, but not so sure about AVS or CPC. I definitely saw some Picos which also can have skeletal cummerbunds, but are different in the back where where they are secured to the back plate bags. Also, I personally havent spotted the typical tell of an AVS or a CPC which is the quick release buckle on the shoulder strap.

But then again, i could b wrong. I'll give it another look through when i have time

Update: yea....i couldnt confirm a single AVS or CPC in any of those vids. Definitely saw TYR Picos, JPCs, and some lowpro PCs though. I believe others confirmed the same previously in this thread, or some other CANSOFCOM related thread.

Last edited by -=ArchAngel=-; December 18th, 2015 at 00:10..
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2015, 23:18   #336
ravan318

Great! Then that means by getting the CPC I can do the impression for CSOR or CAG.

I wonder if the CAG also uses the 6094..
Old December 18th, 2015, 08:02   #337
FAZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=ArchAngel=- View Post
I didnt watch through very thoroughly, but are you sure those arent some variant of the TYR Pico? I saw some JPCs, but not so sure about AVS or CPC. I definitely saw some Picos which also can have skeletal cummerbunds, but are different in the back where where they are secured to the back plate bags. Also, I personally havent spotted the typical tell of an AVS or a CPC which is the quick release buckle on the shoulder strap.

But then again, i could b wrong. I'll give it another look through when i have time

Update: yea....i couldnt confirm a single AVS or CPC in any of those vids. Definitely saw TYR Picos, JPCs, and some lowpro PCs though. I believe others confirmed the same previously in this thread, or some other CANSOFCOM related thread.

Damn, yeah, you're right!
I assumed they were AVS/CPCs because of the zipper. Forgot that TYR makes zippered backs as well...

Definitely TYR:

Last edited by FAZR; December 18th, 2015 at 08:28..
FAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2015, 08:05   #338
FAZR

Quote:
Great! Then that means by getting the CPC I can do the impression for CSOR or CAG.

I wonder if the CAG also uses the 6094..
Are you a purist?
Because from what I've seen and read, CSOR wears and uses whatever they see fit. So technically speaking, you can choose whatever gear to run unless you're trying to do a impression of a specific operator.
Old December 18th, 2015, 09:46   #339
ravan318

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAZR View Post
Damn, yeah, you're right!
I assumed they were AVS/CPCs because of the zipper. Forgot that TYR makes zippered backs as well...

Definitely TYR:
https://youtu.be/RhoJ0RyPpxs?t=6m32s

This video at this segment seems to show them wearing a CPC, but if you guys can identify it clearly as something else then that's alright too
Old December 18th, 2015, 10:04   #340
ravan318

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAZR View Post
Are you a purist?
Because from what I've seen and read, CSOR wears and uses whatever they see fit. So technically speaking, you can choose whatever gear to run unless you're trying to do a impression of a specific operator.
I'm borderline a purist. While there's always the "SOF can wear anything" rule, I try to play closer to true authenticity of things as much as I can as I consider it also a form of respect I'm paying to them. That aside, I do mix in slightly my own elements of slight creativity to my own liking but within realistic/reasonable bounds so I have a healthy mix of originality/persona in my kit, along with practicality, and realism in it. Of course it then becomes fun to share my story as it's got its own backstory or effort that I've put into it, kinda like how sometimes I read posts of members sharing their stories of obtaining a kit or building a gun, which is always quite fun.

Anyways I'm rambling off but yeah back to what you're saying, I'm kinda trying to create a kit that I feel identifies with the characteristics of specific units, namely the CSOR and CAG in this case. (I like the secrecy and elitism of CAG, while CSOR cuz I'm Canadian) I happen to have a HK 416 and C8A3, and I felt CPC, or Crye, is much more a CAG thing, so if CSOR uses it too, then it's the best of both worlds. I'm also slightly more into the beefy ruggedness(my last vest was the RAV) and slightly on the rarity index too, so CPC (which I'm getting tomorrow) seems to match it. I do like the 6094 too but since that rig is going at a decent price, I might consider buying the real thing in the future. That said, I'm not into anything lighter than the 6049 such as JPC, FCPC, or other newer vests that's starting to look very skeletal.
Old December 18th, 2015, 10:18   #341
FAZR

Quote:
https://youtu.be/RhoJ0RyPpxs?t=6m32s

This video at this segment seems to show them wearing a CPC, but if you guys can identify it clearly as something else then that's alright too

http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/...plate-carrier/
Old December 18th, 2015, 10:30   #342
FAZR

Quote:
I'm borderline a purist. While there's always the "SOF can wear anything" rule, I try to play closer to true authenticity of things as much as I can as I consider it also a form of respect I'm paying to them. That aside, I do mix in slightly my own elements of slight creativity to my own liking but within realistic/reasonable bounds so I have a healthy mix of originality/persona in my kit, along with practicality, and realism in it. Of course it then becomes fun to share my story as it's got its own backstory or effort that I've put into it, kinda like how sometimes I read posts of members sharing their stories of obtaining a kit or building a gun, which is always quite fun.

Anyways I'm rambling off but yeah back to what you're saying, I'm kinda trying to create a kit that I feel identifies with the characteristics of specific units, namely the CSOR and CAG in this case. (I like the secrecy and elitism of CAG, while CSOR cuz I'm Canadian) I happen to have a HK 416 and C8A3, and I felt CPC, or Crye, is much more a CAG thing, so if CSOR uses it too, then it's the best of both worlds. I'm also slightly more into the beefy ruggedness(my last vest was the RAV) and slightly on the rarity index too, so CPC (which I'm getting tomorrow) seems to match it. I do like the 6094 too but since that rig is going at a decent price, I might consider buying the real thing in the future. That said, I'm not into anything lighter than the 6049 such as JPC, FCPC, or other newer vests that's starting to look very skeletal.
I'd go with the CPC regardless. I'm trying to trade my 6094 for one :P
CAG isn't the only American unit using Crye. From what I read in the Military Gear Q&A FB page, LBT lost their contract with USSOCOM. Almost every recent photo I've seen, it's either JPC or AVS/CPC.
Old December 18th, 2015, 10:50   #343
ravan318

Thanks for pointing it out! I'm surprised they all look the same these days...the vests
Old December 18th, 2015, 18:28   #344
CanTacBro

CSOR operators receive some Paraclete stuffs in their basic instruction, and after they can use "what they want". Some of them are "Gucci" and like to use all the latest stuff, many of them just use what seems to be useful for the job. A friend of mine used a simple Paraclete HPC for the CQB mission and some chest rig he bought at Americans SF. Almost same shit for the guns, paint and helmet

@ Raven: CAG doesn't seems to use 6094 or like but it's not impossible, AWS makes one, and CAG and AWS are "closed"
CanTacBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2015, 10:45   #345
FAZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanTacBro View Post
CSOR operators receive some Paraclete stuffs in their basic instruction, and after they can use "what they want". Some of them are "Gucci" and like to use all the latest stuff, many of them just use what seems to be useful for the job. A friend of mine used a simple Paraclete HPC for the CQB mission and some chest rig he bought at Americans SF. Almost same shit for the guns, paint and helmet

@ Raven: CAG doesn't seems to use 6094 or like but it's not impossible, AWS makes one, and CAG and AWS are "closed"
How come we don't see Crye-cut Arid clothing with our SOF?

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian