Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

416 GBBR I know another 416 thread

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 4th, 2013, 21:08   #16
jomor

Price

Your right I guess do have a gun crush! It's only about $100. more and It has full trades and the E1 stock.

Last edited by jomor; August 4th, 2013 at 22:25..
jomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2013, 23:57   #17
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

In my opinion, I'm going to say if you're the tinkering type, go with the WE. If you're the type who's only willing to go as far as a field strip, go with the VFC.

I purchased a WE M4 in late 2011, by now I think the only item I have on it that's from the original rifle is the lower receiver; everything's been swapped out for an upgraded part, or the RS equivalent. I just like knowing the RS parts will fit, versus having to deal with different manufacturers making different dimensioned components. The sky's pretty much the limit, and I have a rifle that hasn't had a hiccup for the last 2000 rounds fired through it (It double fed at a February game at Ultimate Airsoft, if you don't count that it's closer to 5000-6000 rounds without a hiccup)

YMMV, of course. Either way, you'll have a great experience with a GBBR; nothing quite like doing a mag dump on automatic.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2013, 00:51   #18
FpsBC

Send a message via MSN to FpsBC
Seeing as their is a thread already about the hk416,
I was wondering which brand of gbb magazines are compatible with the we hk416. I've been on a couple of sites and that have pmags or emags that are for every brand but we. Could I just buy a g&p gbb magazine made for vfc and use it on my we? Or would they not work. Am I stuck with the regular looking we gbb mags forever!?
FpsBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2013, 00:54   #19
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FpsBC View Post
Seeing as their is a thread already about the hk416,
I was wondering which brand of gbb magazines are compatible with the we hk416. I've been on a couple of sites and that have pmags or emags that are for every brand but we. Could I just buy a g&p gbb magazine made for vfc and use it on my we? Or would they not work. Am I stuck with the regular looking we gbb mags forever!?
Nope, you're limited to WE. I will say the 2nd generation WE magazines are awesome, they have yet to leak on me. Also, PMAGs don't work in the 416.
Old August 5th, 2013, 01:07   #20
CrAzy AziAn

Thats a question I've had for awhile... where do you guys get your RS internals. I see most people around here swap with DPMS parts...

If anyone would kindly PM me - as this isn't an AV thread. (might be a AV topic)

I got a WE M4 sitting on my desk in pieces gutted, waiting to be put back together
CrAzy AziAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2013, 11:42   #21
FpsBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeStopCalling View Post
Nope, you're limited to WE. I will say the 2nd generation WE magazines are awesome, they have yet to leak on me. Also, PMAGs don't work in the 416.
So this means that the only brand I can use is WE in my WE hk416? Could I use WE M4 mags as well then?
Old August 5th, 2013, 12:07   #22
jomor

Mags

The mag issue for me is a big one as well. Since G&P now make a make for the VFC 416 I have a choice between two. From what I have seen and read the WE can only use WE mags and I think the SCAR, M4 and 416 all can use the same mag...please correct me if I'm wrong.
Some one should come up with mag adaptors that would allow you to use other manufaturers mag. Similar to say those knock off companys in China or HongKong that make Canon adaptors to fit Nikon or reverse etc. I think some one could make a lot of money off of something like that. Just a thought.
Old August 5th, 2013, 12:10   #23
jomor

Pmags

The real steel 416 doesnt use Pmags, Emags yes but not Pmags. Unless your critical and want absolute authenticity who cares. IF your a gamer go with what works and what floats your boat...I know I know SACRALIGE!!!!
Old August 6th, 2013, 00:27   #24
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzy AziAn View Post
Thats a question I've had for awhile... where do you guys get your RS internals. I see most people around here swap with DPMS parts...

If anyone would kindly PM me - as this isn't an AV thread. (might be a AV topic)

I got a WE M4 sitting on my desk in pieces gutted, waiting to be put back together
Check your inbox.
Old August 6th, 2013, 00:29   #25
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomor View Post
The mag issue for me is a big one as well. Since G&P now make a make for the VFC 416 I have a choice between two. From what I have seen and read the WE can only use WE mags and I think the SCAR, M4 and 416 all can use the same mag...please correct me if I'm wrong.
Some one should come up with mag adaptors that would allow you to use other manufaturers mag. Similar to say those knock off companys in China or HongKong that make Canon adaptors to fit Nikon or reverse etc. I think some one could make a lot of money off of something like that. Just a thought.
It's a bit more complicated than that. The WA and WE systems differ in terms of valve placement, as well as how they lock the bolt back. An adaptor probably wouldn't work in that limited space. I'm confused as to what you mean by "the WE can only use WE mags and I think the SCAR, M4 and 416 all can use the same mag" though.
Old August 6th, 2013, 10:24   #26
FpsBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomor View Post
The real steel 416 doesnt use Pmags, Emags yes but not Pmags. Unless your critical and want absolute authenticity who cares. IF your a gamer go with what works and what floats your boat...I know I know SACRALIGE!!!!
So if I bought some emags, nevertheless the brand it works for I could put it in my We hk416? And what I think jomor means is that all we m4 style mags will fit in the we scar, and the we hk416. And only with its respective brand only. Correct me if I'm wrong!
Old August 6th, 2013, 10:34   #27
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
As far as I know, WE Weapons can only be used with WE Magazine,

Reference Photo: Click Me

"WE SCAR-L, WE 4168, WE L85, WE T91, WE M4 Raptor, etc."
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2013, 10:45   #28
T@NK
a.k.a. wingmantank

I know there are players here using RS Pmag shell modified and fit on WE m4 mag internal, so yes, there are Pmag/Emag for WE guns.
Old August 6th, 2013, 11:02   #29
jomor

Exactly

Yup thats what I meant. The WE M4 Mags fit the WE Scar, the WE 416 and the WEM4. Using a real mag shell is kind of cool. My mind is made up. I'm going VFC.
Old August 6th, 2013, 11:33   #30
T@NK
a.k.a. wingmantank

sure about VFC? I haven't heared anything good about vfc other than the external...

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion