Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Smart and not so smart upgrades (repost, long).

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old August 17th, 2006, 19:20   #46
Metalsynth

I was in a private game on a private area. With that said, I brought my binoculars with me as a means of helping me to spot guys hidden in heavy bushes with camo.

Problem,

I could'nt use the binoculars because of my safety googles keeping my eyes too far from the lens thus not seeing anything so having a scope is a good investement but not for precision perpouses.
Metalsynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2006, 19:48   #47
Raw Deal

bolle goggles have been known to work.
Gary Paul Johnston: on selecting a new MEU (SOC) 1911 pistol-Whatever happens,there's no doubt that a "few good men" will once again carry the finest combat pistol in the world and we can only pray that a lot of bad men will regret it.

Coyote tan is the new black...
Raw Deal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2006, 20:45   #48
Greylocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalsynth
I was in a private game on a private area. With that said, I brought my binoculars with me as a means of helping me to spot guys hidden in heavy bushes with camo.

Problem,

I could'nt use the binoculars because of my safety googles keeping my eyes too far from the lens thus not seeing anything so having a scope is a good investement but not for precision perpouses.
And this is related to this thread in what way, exactly?
Mods? Seems there's a need for yet another cleanup.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2006, 21:45   #49
Metalsynth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalsynth

Problem,

And this is related to this thread in what way, exactly?
Mods? Seems there's a need for yet another cleanup.
This is related to the thread in the sence that you state that having a scope is devoid of use because of lack of accuracy of the airsoft gun in question.

You should read your post again to refresh your memory me thinks
Old August 18th, 2006, 07:07   #50
Greylocks

Having a scope is not useful in most cases because they are set for REAL GUNS with far longer ranges.
How about you read up on what I'm talking about?

A scope is also an ACCESSORY, not an Upgrade. It is NOT necessary for the better performance of the gun.

This is NOT a specific guide, but a general one. If you want to learn about scopes and goggles, that is already written elsewhere.

You are new, read more before posting. Resurrecting threads for no good reason is not a good thing. Teaching us about this game is pretty pointless when you just signed in.
Old August 18th, 2006, 17:59   #51
Metalsynth

Please note that I am adressing this very clearly.

My note points to the fact that having an optic on the gun itself can be more efficient in spotting unclear situations than always reaching for binoculars and that not all binoculars are goggle compatible and note that I mentioned that accuracy is not the point I am going towards. This is purely for an informative end and I've read your thread because I felt it could help me and it confirmed things I already tought but your view on optics differs from mine so a debate over this was inevitable. Having said this, I debate this because it is implied that all newcommers should read this. I am inclined to say yes but I feel that this point has a weakness because it does not present the situation of optics in it's entirety.

It reminds me of a guy in my électronics class with an accent. People kept making fun of the way he talked but I did'nt because I knew the guy spoke 3 other languages.

Being new on a board does not imply being new to everything and common sense for that matter.

If you feel that I am attaking you in anyway with this you must understand that it is irrelevant because that is by no means my intention.

I stand by my opignon.

Certified Level 2 BA Sniper
Si ton épée est trop courte, allonge la d'un pas. ( Proverbe Hongrois )
Old August 18th, 2006, 18:32   #52
Greylocks

And my point is there are ALREADY threads about optics and their advantages, drawbacks, etc.

Please contribute in those threads if you find that you need to clarify anything. Okay?
Old August 18th, 2006, 20:05   #53
Dracheous
Lego Head

Fist off, Greylocks is right "Accessory" not "Upgrade."

Second, sighted scopes do not enhance you're ability to see far off situations VERY OFTEN, if often enough to warrent having anything larger than 1.5X. Till you get into some heavy upgrades for certian sniper rifle. So a different thread to this one.

Third, the reason any sighted scope is useless is most the enviroment airsoft guns are used ((ie. where you game with them)) is more often than not woods with SMALL clearings.

Point four, is READ before you tell someone else how to right. No matter how much of an ol' sod he may be :P

And being new on a board means being new to EVERYTHING on that board. Common sense is also running short these days in this country so that lil reach won't help ya either. Common sense would dictate you'd read this thread was about COMMON/SIMPLE Upgrades and not Optics. Common sense would dictate you'd read that this was pointed out to you a few times. Common sense would dictate I'd stop reading this crap that is cluttering this genuine thread. Instead I'm going to go grab a can of desiel and watch this flame out! -.-...

Grey, you bastard, seriously! First its AK's, then glocks... and now doing your job too! :P

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2006, 00:31   #54
Greylocks

You will have stepped over to the dark side after you buy a KA Dragunov, but not before doing a full wood job on mine for free.

Your hair will turn grey. Your sarcasm shall overcome your wisdom (or delusions). Then you will be on the dark path to replace me.
Old August 19th, 2006, 09:21   #55
Dracheous
Lego Head

Aw crap.... hey wait a minute... free?!

Honestly if I could get the money I prob would pick up one of those Dragunov's. But so many more personal favorite guns out there to get first. Hence why the wood kits. Now if only I could get time! >.<

My sarcasm already overcomes my "wisedoms" and my delusions are evident to everyone, I thought.

As for the grey hair, I won't live that long!

Now back to upgrades

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 17:56   #56
leblanc74

Send a message via MSN to leblanc74
Just taught that this should be up again....very good post...
leblanc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 18:13   #57
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
Quote:
Originally Posted by leblanc74 View Post
Just taught that this should be up again....very good post...
There's really no need to bump a sticky.
Old December 22nd, 2007, 04:03   #58
JosiahJohn

Good article
JosiahJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 08:29   #59
Cheech1120

Wow. thanks bro. but one question. I'm gonna be makin a silencer for my spring pistol but im not sure if it will decrease the fps or accuracy. I'm also not sure if it will break my gun or not. Can i have some suggestions......?
Cheech1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 08:35   #60
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheech1120 View Post
Wow. thanks bro. but one question. I'm gonna be makin a silencer for my spring pistol but im not sure if it will decrease the fps or accuracy. I'm also not sure if it will break my gun or not. Can i have some suggestions......?
Save up for a better pistol that actually has thread in the outer barrel, and you can purchase a realistic silencer from our Canadian retailers. Get Age Verified and you will be able to purchase many things including all the guns you want.

Making a silencer will not break your gun, but since it's a springer, your homemade silencer would be the first thing to break. Silencers do not increase or decrease velocity, but if it's a homemade, and you do it wrong, then chances are your bb will get stuck in there.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications