Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Double bell kar98k worth purchasing?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 11th, 2019, 01:47   #1
Backyardshoot3r

Double bell kar98k worth purchasing?

Is the double bell kar98k worth purchasing? I am not a skirmisher i just plan to plink with it in my backyard occasionally & i am a fan of the shell ejection. But is it durable? And can you attach a scope to it? Feedback would be appreciated THANK YOU!
Backyardshoot3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 17:47   #2
That_Limey_Brit

Pros:
- Shell loading and ejection.
- Unique look.
- Comes in both Spring and CO2 flavors.
- Comes in shtty plastic or shtty wood
- Realistic as possible chambering

Cons:
- See Pros (1). It's a hassle!!
- Finishes aren't great, but the wood variety can be reworked.
- Not really skirmish able. (Ammo/reloading and overall performance not too great even if used for milsim only)
- Often jams upon chambering a round.
- Internals are garbage monkey metal with no aftermarket upgrades available.
- Scope is possible but rare and Hella expensive.

:Edit: backyard use only, well... I can suggest so many better options for a stock rifle. You'll certainly never need a scope. I feel a bit silly writing all this out really now but hey ho, any future interested parties... Beware.

I've had both types. Wood and CO2 (loading nozzle broke). Probably fired a whole 50rnds in it's life.
And a spring plastic type. Often jammed, but other than that it was nothing special. Sold it pretty quick.

Get a VSR. Put a nice hop unit in it (I recommend Action Army) then a nice hop rubber (I recommend Maple leaf decepticon + maple leaf omega hop tensioner). Upgrade barrel when you've got spare cash. Upgrade piston and trigger set to 90° versions when the originals eventually break.

Then, one day, you'll find a guy who bought one and after it broke wants rid of it. Buy it, and custom machine it out to fit your VSR parts in there. I did that with a Red fire Mosin nagant. Original gun was hot garbage, but the VSR internals were spot on:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1562881331639.jpg (64.0 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by That_Limey_Brit; July 11th, 2019 at 17:50..
That_Limey_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2019, 08:06   #3
Backyardshoot3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Limey_Brit View Post
Pros:
- Unique look.

Cons:
- Not really skirmish able. (Ammo/reloading and overall performance not too great even if used for milsim only)

:Edit: backyard use only, well... I can suggest so many better options for a stock rifle. You'll certainly never need a scope. I feel a bit silly writing all this out really now but hey ho, any future interested parties... Beware.

I've had both types. Wood and CO2 (loading nozzle broke). Probably fired a whole 50rnds in it's life.
And a spring plastic type. Often jammed, but other than that it was nothing special. Sold it pretty quick.

Get a VSR. Put a nice hop unit in it (I recommend Action Army) then a nice hop rubber (I recommend Maple leaf decepticon + maple leaf omega hop tensioner). Upgrade barrel when you've got spare cash. Upgrade piston and trigger set to 90° versions when the originals eventually break.

Then, one day, you'll find a guy who bought one and after it broke wants rid of it. Buy it, and custom machine it out to fit your VSR parts in there. I did that with a Red fire Mosin nagant. Original gun was hot garbage, but the VSR internals were spot on:
i appreciate the feedback guess i'll think twice before making my decision on purchasing that rifle
Old July 30th, 2019, 00:37   #4
ValaskaAirsoft

Nope! It's been said before but if I might add in... you are looking at extreme maintenance worries and jams that can really jam up the gun to the point you need to hammer out shells etc... there's a lot of massive issues with this gun and it is just unbelievably expensive.
Old August 4th, 2019, 20:44   #5
Backyardshoot3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Limey_Brit View Post
Pros:
- Unique look.

Cons:

hey man i appreciate the feedback i have recently found a g&g gas powered shell ejecting version of the kar98k is version worth purchasing or no? I have no idea if g&g is a low end brand middle of the pack or high end

Last edited by Backyardshoot3r; August 4th, 2019 at 20:48..
Old August 4th, 2019, 20:47   #6
Backyardshoot3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValaskaAirsoft View Post
Nope! It's been said before but if I might add in... you are looking at extreme maintenance worries and jams that can really jam up the gun to the point you need to hammer out shells etc... there's a lot of massive issues with this gun and it is just unbelievably expensive.
ahh it doesn't matter now it's out of stock but i have found a g&g gas powered version of the kar98k is this version worth purchasing or not? And i appreciate the feedback �� i have no idea if g&g is a low end brand middle of the pack or high end

Last edited by Backyardshoot3r; August 4th, 2019 at 20:49..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion