Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

RWA Lee Enfield No.4 Mk1 Sniper Mod

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 3rd, 2019, 13:50   #1
Oberst39

RWA Lee Enfield No.4 Mk1 Sniper Mod

Just finished modifying my RWA lee enfield to convert into Mk1 Sniper. Added the NO.32 MK II/MK 2 sniper scope and mount from RSM reproductions, as well as the wallnut cheekpiece from Numerich gunparts and reelsteel buttplate. Still waiting for the real steel upper handguard as will as front and rear barrel bands to arrive. She is a thing of beauty.

M.

Last edited by Oberst39; March 6th, 2019 at 23:55..
Oberst39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2019, 20:06   #2
SuperCriollo

That's beautiful...
In a world pretend high speed guns, this is a shining beacon of all the good things airsoft was once about :')

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2019, 21:49   #3
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

Yeah, its great! Too bad the gun has such huge design flaws though... but Viva Arms, the OEM that made the RWA Enfield, is working on a new Mk.4 and a SMLE of their own. Maybe they will learn from this one and release a better model. I can't wait for a fieldable no-nonsense SMLE.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2019, 01:39   #4
Full-Auto-Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakker View Post
Yeah, its great! Too bad the gun has such huge design flaws though... but Viva Arms, the OEM that made the RWA Enfield, is working on a new Mk.4 and a SMLE of their own. Maybe they will learn from this one and release a better model. I can't wait for a fieldable no-nonsense SMLE.
G&G's might be nice if they offer CO2 mags for it.
Old February 4th, 2019, 06:09   #5
Drakker

How could they offer CO2 mags? The clip is so small. I was forgetting about the G&G... Hope they make a SMLE. But I would prefer a springer, hence the hope that Viva Arms fixes the problems of the RWA version.

Old February 4th, 2019, 10:27   #6
Oberst39

I dont think CO2 would be a problem if the CO2 were contained within the bolt of the rifle. Really it would not be difficult to do i think, much along the line of the APS rifles and shotguns. A shell ejecting model would be fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakker View Post
How could they offer CO2 mags? The clip is so small. I was forgetting about the G&G... Hope they make a SMLE. But I would prefer a springer, hence the hope that Viva Arms fixes the problems of the RWA version.

Old February 4th, 2019, 13:41   #7
Drakker

At that point you might as well make a springer. It will be a lot more reliable and the power output will be a lot more stable, making a much more accurate and gameable rifle.

Old February 4th, 2019, 15:23   #8
Full-Auto-Seer

I know that G&G uses 8g CO2 in their other bolt-action offerings. A little bit unorthodox, but it's not like you're gonna shoot a whole bunch with a gun like that anyways. (The main reason I want a gas gun is since I'm a dirty lefty. Reaching over the gun is awkward enough, and having to cock a spring makes that tougher.)
Old February 4th, 2019, 16:49   #9
Drakker

And why not use propane? Its much cheaper and much less hassle... And since its not a blowback gun it will even work in the cold. I think G&G is on the right path with their gas in clip system. The other option would be gas in mag like iron airsoft did, it would probably work well too but very few soldiers carried actual magazines instead of ammo clips.

Old February 4th, 2019, 22:59   #10
Full-Auto-Seer

I do suppose you're right about a bolt gun having way less cooldown than a selfloader. I just like CO2 for being *more* stable, but then again, when you're gonna be under 100 rpm the gas should be stable no matter what. Although, I hope they find a way to fit 10 shots. 7 in a Lee is sacrilege.

As for Oberst, how's the scope? Would you say that it's a good repro? And how tough was getting the mount tapped?
Old February 5th, 2019, 00:30   #11
Oberst39

The scope is the only reproduction on the market used by real steel owners who wanted an original mk2 scope for their enfields. It is absolutely correct in every respect. Check out the website http://www.rsmscope.com

As for mounting it, tapping was not so difficult as you set the full mount and scope on the rifle, mark your drill points very carefully and away you go. It was an all day project as you have to fully disassemble the rifle to extract the bolt. Not a big deal, then you just drill your mount holes, tap them and reassemble.

M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Auto-Seer View Post
I do suppose you're right about a bolt gun having way less cooldown than a selfloader. I just like CO2 for being *more* stable, but then again, when you're gonna be under 100 rpm the gas should be stable no matter what. Although, I hope they find a way to fit 10 shots. 7 in a Lee is sacrilege.

As for Oberst, how's the scope? Would you say that it's a good repro? And how tough was getting the mount tapped?

Old February 11th, 2019, 19:51   #12
Oberst39

Update, the bayonets lugs were 1mm to large to accept the MkII spike bayonet. After very careful dremmeling and reblueing, the rifle now accepts the spike bayonet perfectly. Just awaiting a new upper rear grooved handguard and new front and rear barrel bands.

More pics to follow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberst39 View Post
The scope is the only reproduction on the market used by real steel owners who wanted an original mk2 scope for their enfields. It is absolutely correct in every respect. Check out the website http://www.rsmscope.com

As for mounting it, tapping was not so difficult as you set the full mount and scope on the rifle, mark your drill points very carefully and away you go. It was an all day project as you have to fully disassemble the rifle to extract the bolt. Not a big deal, then you just drill your mount holes, tap them and reassemble.

M.

Last edited by Oberst39; February 11th, 2019 at 22:46..
Old March 3rd, 2019, 12:26   #13
Oberst39

New pics added

Update: I was unhappy with some of the coloring of the stock wood furniure on this rifle so I ordered a real steel buttstock (long), front top handguard and front rear grooved handguard. The buttstock fits almost perfectly with the existing hardware however I had to very slightly sand the front cap end. Perfect fit afterwards. The front top handguard fit with no modification whatsoever and the rear grooved handguard had the be sanded to accommodate the larger width outerbarrel. This was done via my dremmel. One of my barrel band screws snapped so I had to reinstall the old rear barrel band until a new screw arrives at whch time i can reinstall the real steel band. The old band that comes with the rifle does not seat flush with the wood furniture but no big deal. It is temporary. Also added the ejector screw on the left side of the receiver.

To date the following mods have been made:

Added:
RSM NO.32 MK II SNIPER MOUNT & PADS
RSM NO.32 MK II SNIPER SCOPE
Real steel Wooden butt
Enfield No4 Buttplate Steel
Enfield Buttplate Screw Set of 2
Enfield No4 Front Band
Enfield No4 Rear Barrel Band
Enfield No4 Sling Swivel Band Screws
Enfileld No.4 ejector screw

I think Redwolf should take note as to how their rifle looks compared to mine with the mods. Hard to tell mine from the real thing now. This rifle is an homage to the WW2 sniper weapon of the Canadian and British forces. I created this for my collection of WW2 weapons.

Quote:
Update, the bayonets lugs were 1mm to large to accept the MkII spike bayonet. After very careful dremmeling and reblueing, the rifle now accepts the spike bayonet perfectly. Just awaiting a new upper rear grooved handguard and new front and rear barrel bands.

More pics to follow

Last edited by Oberst39; March 6th, 2019 at 23:14..
Old March 4th, 2019, 12:48   #14
Oberst39

High Res Pics...

Pics:

Quote:
Update: I was unhappy with some of the coloring of the stock wood furniure on this rifle so I ordered a real steel buttstock (long), front top handguard and front rear grooved handguard. The buttstock fits almost perfectly with the existing hardware however I had to very slightly sand the front cap end. Perfect fit afterwards. The front top handguard fit with no modification whatsoever and the rear grooved handguard had to be sanded to accommodate the larger width outerbarrel. This was done via my dremmel. One of my barrel band screws snapped so I had to reinstall the old rear barrel band until a new screw arrives at whch time i can reinstall the real steel band. The old band that comes with the rifle does not seat flush with the wood furniture but no big deal. It is temporary. Also added the ejector screw on the left side of the receiver.

To date the following mods have been made:

Added:
RSM NO.32 MK II SNIPER MOUNT & PADS
RSM NO.32 MK II SNIPER SCOPE
Real steel Wooden butt
Enfield No4 Buttplate Steel
Enfield Buttplate Screw Set of 2
Enfield No4 Front Band
Enfield No4 Rear Barrel Band
Enfield No4 Sling Swivel Band Screws
Enfileld No.4 ejector screw

I think Redwolf should take note as to how their rifle looks compared to mine with the mods. Hard to tell mine from the real thing now. This rifle is an homage to the WW2 sniper weapon of the Canadian and British forces. I created this for my collection of WW2 weapons.

Last edited by Oberst39; August 29th, 2019 at 22:47..
Old March 10th, 2019, 15:20   #15
Oberst39

Couple more pics

Last edited by Oberst39; August 29th, 2019 at 22:49..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion