US Special Forces

:

USA

Old September 3rd, 2007, 22:13   #31
SINN

Send a message via MSN to SINN
Quote:
Originally Posted by lupo View Post
Wow , its a little eerie seeing some of those seal pics. Most of the guys in the pics were KIA in afghanistan. They are referred to in the book Lone Survivor.
RIP.
rgr that and kind of eerie seeing the lone survivor the only one not wearing kit.. RIP.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 22:31   #32
Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINN View Post
rgr that and kind of eerie seeing the lone survivor the only one not wearing kit.. RIP.
2nd that.
Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2007, 01:33   #33
swatt13
Captain Awesome

i was wondering what the hell you guys were talking about,m trying to pull some sort of " i know something you dont know" bs, but then i looked around and found the links truely is shocking to say the least to read that 90% of those pictured are kia. i encourage others to read up and realise what it means to wear their patch, and think about it before you slap it on your kit (no stab at you grahm)
http://www.specwarfare.it/public/php...pic.php?t=1466
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...ad.php?t=71680

Quote:
I’d like to share a story that Adm. Joe Maguire told at the benefit I went to last week. I’m sorry in advance if some of my terminology is incorrect.

He told the story that many of you know about the four SEALs in Afghanistan that came under heavy fire on June 28, 2005. They called for backup. A helo with 8 more SEALs and several other spec ops personal came to their aid, but the helo went down and all on board were killed.

Only one of the original SEALs on the ground survived. He had been hit with a rocket-propelled grenade and was blown a ways down the mountain. He was badly wounded, but managed to evade the enemy for three days before he was pick up. Adm. Maguire visited him in the hospital while he recovered and the man said he was determined to get back to Afghanistan.

Several months pass and he was ready to go back. The admiral told him that he didn’t have to go, that no one would think less of him. Apparently, his injuries were such that when he had his body armor on, he couldn’t feel his feet and his legs were pins and needles numb. This SEAL told the admiral that he had to get back to his ‘brothers’.

Several more months past and another group of SEALs get into a battle and two of them were critically wounded. Again, the admiral goes to the hospital and visits the wounded. He said that he couldn’t believe that one of them was still alive, so severe were his wounds. It was clear to him that the only reason these men were alive was because of the exceptional care they received from the two SEAL corpsmen while the bullets and explosions went off around them. He called the unit to find out the names of the corpsmen so that he could commend them. One of the men was the sole survivor of the June 28th fight.

Let me tell you, I had goose bumps when he finished that story.
posted by SOF on specwarefare

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.

Last edited by swatt13; September 4th, 2007 at 02:04..
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2007, 03:23   #34
Andres

Interesting.
Andres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2007, 08:05   #35
Primus
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Primus
Go read Lone Survivor, it is Marcus Luttrell's account of Operation Redwing, it's an awesome book.

Gray Fox Strategic - @grayfoxstrategic on Facebook / Instagram
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 20:37   #36
Pip

Send a message via MSN to Pip
Just a quick question guys. Have been thinking about putting a SF load together , i've been running contractor-esque loads but wanted something more badass haha.

Are the SF guys in Afghanistan still using 3 colour? Or have they switched to digi patterns? Also, would 3 colour pants and a woodland jacket be fairly authentic?
Smelly troll is smelly.
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 18:12   #37
H-G

As of Summer 2007, DCUs were still being used by US SF for combat operations in the middle east. As to weather a BDU / DCU combo would be authentic for a current impression, I cannot say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Airsofter
However no offence to the soviet team, but Spetsnaz are something to be feared. What I faced off against seemed like a parody of Russian mobsters.

FREE ATREYU
H-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 21:50   #38
Stryker

H-G

Cerberus you asks?

Old March 6th, 2008, 00:19   #39
H-G

heh it's more of a 'can I get some guys together to go' kind of thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Airsofter
However no offence to the soviet team, but Spetsnaz are something to be feared. What I faced off against seemed like a parody of Russian mobsters.

FREE ATREYU
H-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2008, 20:11   #40
Stryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-G View Post
heh it's more of a 'can I get some guys together to go' kind of thing
rgr that!
Old April 26th, 2008, 18:48   #41
Sturmur

Send a message via MSN to Sturmur
So, I'm going for an impresion of a US SOF Operatior (ACU, Molle, IBH, etc) and I'm looking at the M14 as of late. Is this realistic? I'm looking at an AEG with a little better range/accuracy but I'd like to stay within the boundaries of SOF.

Cheers.
Old April 26th, 2008, 18:51   #42
Bowers

Send a message via MSN to Bowers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturmur View Post
So, I'm going for an impresion of a US SOF Operatior (ACU, Molle, IBH, etc) and I'm looking at the M14 as of late. Is this realistic? I'm looking at an AEG with a little better range/accuracy but I'd like to stay within the boundaries of SOF.

Cheers.
theres a force recon marine on a movie forum i frequent he said he used an m14 most of his time on deployment

not alot of info but hope it helps

cheers
Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2008, 19:00   #43
Yuxi
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturmur View Post

Cheers.
If you want some general thing, I think that will do. Would be of more help of there is a specific branch in mind, like SEALs or SF, etc, since their gear though are similar, do have trademark differences, from helmet and rig types, down to the type of flashlights and rails.
Yuxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2008, 21:48   #44
lupo

Realistically the m14's having been phased out by most of the sf units in favor of the mk11 or the new M110 Semi-Auto Sniper System. You can see a few versions of the mk11 and mk12 posted in the previos navy seal pics a few pages back. As yuxi has suggested though a more specific branch to base your gear off of is not a bad idea.
lupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2008, 23:04   #45
Sturmur

Send a message via MSN to Sturmur
Probably heading toward a more Army Special Forces (Green Berets) look rather than a Delta Force or Navy SEALS. I'm not trying to perfectly imitate anyone but to grasp a general look.

TBH, I saw the CONTRAS thread in the team forums and liked the look. So I started to collect pieces and to check out different iterations of SF, and now I need is an AEG to achieve a basic loadout.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > USA