Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Toronto Tactical Airsoft Close Combat College (TTAC3)

:

General

Old July 26th, 2005, 22:55   #31
Malinak

Send a message via MSN to Malinak
I personally dont see the need to enforce what people can/cannot wear.
As we are all consenting adult, and are fully aware of what can happen by a 300fps BB hurling at us why enforce additional protection?

For example, at outddor games during the summer, I can often be seen running around topless with just my tactical vest on ( and just goggles as compared to a full face mask) knowing full well that I can, and likely will, take a 3+ round burst from a 400 fps AEG and am fine with that.
I have signed my waiver and am responsible for what happens to myself. As long as you are covered, by the waiver, I wouldnt start enforcing full face masks that most of us are trying to avoid by using tactical goggles when we can.
As you said, full auto fire will be rare as is. If a person cannot take a single 300 fps hit on bare skin, they are likely in the wrong sport.
Old July 27th, 2005, 09:47   #32
Ronald Chang

Mask & Helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle
Been thinking about minimum protection standards.

I know that many people prefer to play with just goggles... but for close combat, indoor play without mercy rules, Im thinking that maybe full face protection may be in order.

Paint ball face masks.. or simunition helmets...

What are the opinions about requiring full face protection?
I personally have used those full mask for airsoft games when I was in Asia. Since they are specially designed for airsoft games, they offer good protection (even to hot guns) and yet much more comfortable than the paintball full mask. They are made of much softer materials which will fit much better to the contour of your face, and there is no gap which will allow a BB to get through.

In addition to the full mask, I also wear a very light weight helmet which is made of plastic. The whole design is based on the existing US one.

So I have the look, the protection, and the comfort. You can look these equipments up from Japanese airsoft magazines e.g. Arms, Guns and Combat.

Cheers.

RONALD
Ronald Chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2005, 21:11   #33
GiordanoWC

Send a message via MSN to GiordanoWC
Quote:
We are in the process of designing and building a reconfigurable wall system so that we can set up the space in many variations.
Office cubicle walls are usually a good, inexpensive solution... I'm very much looking forward to this training centre. Will there be scheduled skirmishes at this downtown location? (i ask because i live at oakwood and st.clair and a close-to-home skirm ground would be nice and fun.)

Left wing love for airsoft.

++A NOI!!!++
CAMPIONI DEL MONDO, 1934,1938,1982,2006

GiordanoWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2005, 21:31   #34
Freedom Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by made Man
350fps in CQB? Dont you think that's a bit too much?
I guess it depends on with who and where you play. Personally I think 350FPS is fine. My AKMS fires 335FPS and my M60 is at 350FPS. Perfect for indoor CQB. I really wouldn't want any less.

Again though, depends on who you play with.
Old July 27th, 2005, 21:35   #35
lt_poncho

Send a message via MSN to lt_poncho
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiordanoWC
Quote:
We are in the process of designing and building a reconfigurable wall system so that we can set up the space in many variations.
Office cubicle walls are usually a good, inexpensive solution... I'm very much looking forward to this training centre. Will there be scheduled skirmishes at this downtown location? (i ask because i live at oakwood and st.clair and a close-to-home skirm ground would be nice and fun.)
Im definately looking forward to this as well, but I can assure you it's not about skirmishing. Definately worth getting involved with, there's a lot to offer and benefit from.

I'm in that area (Oakwood and St. Claire) area a lot these days, when this opens up I can pass by and pick you up on the way, Giordano. Ta bom?
lt_poncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2005, 21:40   #36
lt_poncho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom Fighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by made Man
350fps in CQB? Dont you think that's a bit too much?
I guess it depends on with who and where you play. Personally I think 350FPS is fine. My AKMS fires 335FPS and my M60 is at 350FPS. Perfect for indoor CQB. I really wouldn't want any less.

Again though, depends on who you play with.
Whether it's 150 FPS or 350 FPS, a headshot at CQB close ranges is going to sting. If the players control their shots and are not consistently hitting the face because of their lack of control then it's a total non issue.

M60 perfect for indoor CQB? Uh huh! :tup:
Old July 27th, 2005, 21:44   #37
Freedom Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt_poncho
Damn straight. That's what I have the little gy for.
Old July 27th, 2005, 21:58   #38
lt_poncho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom Fighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt_poncho
Damn straight. That's what I have the little gy for.
You're referring to your son you mean? Or another little guy?
Old July 28th, 2005, 01:05   #39
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiordanoWC
Quote:
We have decided to expand the schedule to include some "informal" action on Tuesday nights 8:00 to 11:00 pm

things are developing apace... more information will be going up on www.factoronto.com shortly

looks like we will be able to stick to our schedule of an August opening ( I hope)

No one is looking forward to this more than me...
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2005, 09:32   #40
Manaconda
Official ASC Inker

Send a message via MSN to Manaconda
there's no doubt that this is a fantastic idea. A place to go in the down town area wow. I was wondering what the cost of these skirmishes would be and friends of mine want to know if there will be rentals and stuff like that? One other thing though. Are there any plans to recreate the out doors at this location?
Manaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2005, 21:44   #41
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynomite69
there's no doubt that this is a fantastic idea. A place to go in the down town area wow. I was wondering what the cost of these skirmishes would be and friends of mine want to know if there will be rentals and stuff like that? One other thing though. Are there any plans to recreate the out doors at this location?
This is the cost model we are working with at this time,

Membership in TTAC3 $45.00 per month (prepaid for 6 months by postdated monthy cheques) Monthly membership, "pay as you go"month to month" $55.00 ($10.00 surcharge for no prepayment) you can also pay for 6 months up front or one year up front with discounts for doing so.

Members can participate in all TTAC3 regular scheduled activities, (so far, Tuesday night, Friday night, Sunday afternoon, and Sunday night)

Members will also get deep discounts for any special events that are scheduled, such as focused workshops, clinics, and competitions.

Non members can also participate in TTAC3 activities at a rate of $20.00 per session.

All participants must complete a short introductory course in safety, rules, and basic information before they may participate in "live fire" exercises.(including "skirmishing")

TTAC3 has invested in some weapons that will be avalible for rental, rates have not yet been determined.

Participation is restricted to persons 18 years of age and older, persons under 18 but older than 16 may participate ***with*** their legal guardian or parent present and participating as well.

OPERATION WOODSMAN

Old August 1st, 2005, 22:02   #42
Goldman

Send a message via MSN to Goldman
will the open house event be free or what? i'd rather not shell out $45 only to find i dont like the place.

My Buy/Sell 1337ness rating
Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2005, 08:38   #43
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldman
will the open house event be free or what? i'd rather not shell out $45 only to find i dont like the place.
I have plans to run a couple invitation only events.. in order to "tune" the experience.

when we open publicly the "open house" will be exactly that, Open.. free.

I expect that many people will pay per session a couple of times before deciding to become a member.

I hope that what we are doing will appeal to most people so that there won't be much of a problem with people "not liking the place"

OPERATION WOODSMAN

Old August 9th, 2005, 02:54   #44
Manaconda
Official ASC Inker

Send a message via MSN to Manaconda
hell ya!! Is there an opening date yet? I like dates but this may be the only way I'll get one.
Thanx :-D
Manaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2005, 10:39   #45
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynomite69
hell ya!! Is there an opening date yet? I like dates but this may be the only way I'll get one.
Thanx :-D
We are working towards a late August Opening,
There is still a lot of work to do...but I think everything will soon come together.

Hold tight... i'ts coming

OPERATION WOODSMAN

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General