USMC

:

USA

Old June 17th, 2012, 16:56   #211
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedan798 View Post
if I get the MTV vest from pantac is it accurate or the USMC will change their molle vest to the SPC for the entire corps?
The MTV is already being phased out in favor of the IMTV (possibly entirely phased out by now). The SPC is a supplement to the IMTV; if there's a replacement it'll be the PC posted below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGol10 View Post
Looks like a new SPC replacement on the way?

http://protectiveequipment.ciehub.info/PC.html

About time. That looks half decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulu View Post
Is there anyone who nkow the typical loadout for a driver?
SOP for vehicles crews in an AO is typically to wear the same armor as dismounts. There appears to be some variances by unit/unit commander. I've also read about some tankers leaving out the rear SAPI plate, leaving out SAPI plates but doubling up on soft armor, etc.
Old September 19th, 2012, 00:32   #212
Wantabe_Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Skeletor- View Post
I see a Magpul AFG2 and a FASTMag, not items I'm used to seeing being used by the military, but neat to see them in some officially released photos. And Fox gloves, not so Tact-i-cool, but what works, works. Right?

perks:
Chairsofter
Fortunate Son
Wantabe_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 14:43   #213
JohnGol10

Quote:
First thing I thought of.

Quote:
RRV over a coyote Safariland armor carrier or Eagle LVAC..?
Old October 8th, 2012, 19:48   #214
Conker

I know BAE got the contract for MARSOC's new BALCS carriers... not too sure for the rest of the Corps. Seems like a good quesiton to ask on GS.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 14:08   #215
Screaming_Eagle

I was wondering if anybody here could provide me with some advice.

I recently got AV'd and am now putting together a USMC DMR kit, but I cannot decide which Marine Corps uniform would be better suited for Airsoft: A BDU set or a FROG set?

My research tells me that FROG sets, while being very comfortable and durable, do not tend to last as long as BDU's do.

As I would like to ensure that I purchase correctly the first time, could anyone here provide me with advice?

Also, while I am here, could anyone provide me with link(s) to websites and retailers that sell quality USMC kit-appropriate vests?

Thanks very much.
Screaming_Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 17:43   #216
MiniMcNabb
E-09

FWIW
I don't have experience with frog or bdu marpat but don't forget the context of durability. In airsoft you won't be wearing your camo for more than 8-12 hours under moderate stress.

In the field troops wear the same set for days under combat conditions untill shit rips and falls off.

Unless they really suck then the FROG is prolly fine.
Old May 11th, 2014, 23:06   #217
Screaming_Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMcNabb View Post
FWIW
I don't have experience with frog or bdu marpat but don't forget the context of durability. In airsoft you won't be wearing your camo for more than 8-12 hours under moderate stress.

In the field troops wear the same set for days under combat conditions untill shit rips and falls off.

Unless they really suck then the FROG is prolly fine.

Thats true. I guess I forgot to mention that I looked at reviews conducted for actual military use. Ive been leaning in the direction of the FROG gear, so I will likely purchase a FROG set.
Old May 12th, 2014, 03:07   #218
Drake
E-01

I have both FROG and MCCUU.

The FROG pants are a slightly different cut than the usual utility trousers (most immediately noticeable are the pockets on the calves), and obviously they're made of flame retardant material instead of ny/co; otherwise the material for the Woodland FROG trousers seems of similar thickness/strength as regular MCCUU trousers while the Desert FROG trousers are made of a lighter material. While the material is thinner/lighter/cooler, its still resistant to normal wear however I'd presume it would be more easily damaged if snagged on a sharp broken branch or something.

The FROG trousers, especially the WL ones, also seem to fade faster in the wash. Nothing drastic but I did notice a difference after the first wash -- and I'm meticulously careful about this stuff, my MCCUUs still look pretty new.

The FROG shirts, on the other hand, are entirely different than the MCCUU blouses: the material on the arms (camo) is fairly thick and resistant but the torso is made of extremely lightweight, breathable whicking fabric (Tencate Defender M), which while resistant to normal wear and tear (again, keep in mind the stuff is designed for military use, not cocktail parties) it probably is more easily ripped/damaged than the MCCUU blouse. That being said, it's supposed to be worn under body armor so its not going to be that exposed to damage anyway.

So bottom line: Desert FROG is great and lighter in warm weather, Woodland FROG you m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ probably want the shirt but you can pass on the trousers unless you're looking to put together an accurate impression.

Last edited by Drake; May 12th, 2014 at 03:11..
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2014, 15:46   #219
Screaming_Eagle

Hi Drake,

Thanks so much for your insight. I found it to be very helpful!

Im likely going to go for a Desert Frog set as part of my 'tan' mil sim set up, and as you said, the thinner chest area will be underneath a vest, so it shouldn't be too susceptible to damage whilst being covered.

I'll probably track down a pair of MCUU trousers.

Thanks once again!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > USA